Item not received case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Item not received case

Hi all!

So I've got item not received case open. It was my fault that I left free shipping to buyers country and yeah he bought the item and he is demanding me to ship that item. I called him trying to explain situation very politeley but he is bad in English and he doesn't care.
Shipping costs same amount as the item - I am speaking about 500 GBP. That's quite hefty drawback on my finance. I did marked it as dispatched before due dispatch date. In messages on case I've informed buyer that item was probably "lost" because I did not wanted to spend 500GBP on shipping and have chosen cheaper option without tracking.
So what am I asking is if I get a defect or any other limitation if I choose option to refund the buyer on the "Item not received case"?

Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Item not received case

What a crappy way of doing business. DONT do that!

Give the man his money back and I hope he leaves you negative feedback for taking his money and not doing anything other than jerk him around. What an asshole! You deserve to be kicked off ebay for being a hack.
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

@yankee
Why are you so mad? Kicked out of eBay for what reason? I offered him his money back in few hours after his purchase - he rejected. I have even called him to explain the situation. And you are calling me HACK? Also he bought another item on same purchase which was not so expensive to ship and I shipped it - I've lost money but not that much.
We are not perfect, we are humans and we all make mistakes. My mistake was to forget to remove that little remote island which is still counted as Europe from shipping list.
Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

All you had to do was cancel the transaction...instead you wasted his time and now you not only messed up your metrics but will probably get a manual review of your account.

Its crap like this that gets us all in the trouble bubble.
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Canceling transaction in 30 minutes after purchase would have been an option but I was out of reach from my pc and phone so.. Yeah.
I just asked about refund but well I think I’ll stick to my first decision and send him his item and will work my ass to cover expenses.
Cheers
Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiauleskoja View Post
@yankee
Why are you so mad? Kicked out of eBay for what reason? I offered him his money back in few hours after his purchase - he rejected. I have even called him to explain the situation. And you are calling me HACK? Also he bought another item on same purchase which was not so expensive to ship and I shipped it - I've lost money but not that much.
We are not perfect, we are humans and we all make mistakes. My mistake was to forget to remove that little remote island which is still counted as Europe from shipping list.
I can guarantee you this, IF someone does this to me, their account will be forever banned by ebay with a week and all paypal funds held.
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I can guarantee you this, IF someone does this to me, their account will be forever banned by ebay with a week and all paypal funds held.
Does what? Gets you to wait few more days after expected delivery date to receive your item? And you would get that poor mans eBay banned and funds held for that reason? I am just astonished by how much people are on anger. Just chill out buddy.
Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Does what? Gets you to wait few more days after expected delivery date to receive your item? And you would get that poor mans eBay banned and funds held for that reason? I am just astonished by how much people are on anger. Just chill out buddy.
Im not angry at all......

Take a mans money and not ship anything yet mark it shipped? Be an adult, refund instantly. Dont be a hack. You ruin it for us good sellers.

And to answer your question, YES, bad sellers should be removed. You are a bad seller. You are the worst seller. Wasting peoples hard earned time and money is not a joke.

Am I angry? Not at all. Just stating my opinion.
Old 03-14-2019
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

Yeah definitely agree with yankee. A significant sum of £500 and you've marked it as dispatched.. Happened to me but for a £150 item, left straight negative feedback and reported him straight away.
Old 03-14-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

That's not cool. Many of us stealth account holders are genuine businesses that do our best to keep our customers happy but for one reason or another got the dreaded suspension on ebay.

What you have done is wrong on many levels, you basically had an interest free loan off a customer. You should have immediately refunded the customer saying you made a very big error when you listed the item or said a white lie like their must have been an ebay glitch or something. He may have been annoyed at first but he wouldn't have cared that much as he was refunded almost immediately.

To answer your question though. When he opens a case of item not received, refund him immediately saying you are very sorry. You won't get a defect. But if he directly contacts ebay to complain they will most definitely make a note of it.

And please don't do this again ...

Last edited by james_112233; 03-14-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

I learned my lesson guys. Thank you.
I know it’s bad in many ways and I wouldn’t like to be in his place if paid that ammount and still having to wait to get what I paid for. Just **** happens and it can happen to anyone. I took all steps needed to prevent me from this in the future and I will never make this happen again.
The Following User Says Thank You to kiauleskoja For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Update: buyer have closed the request just now and I’m sending his item tomorrow! He should receive it on Monday.
The Following User Says Thank You to kiauleskoja For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

If you've spoken to the buyer offering a refund, and they've said no, and you've also come to the conclusion that you won't be shipping the item out due to costs on your part, it's just unnecessary to faff about. You should of just refunded it, and be done with it.

Ultimately, it was your mistake. It's your responsibility to make sure item is listed accurately. The buyer wasn't at fault.

At the very least you should of refunded. I would of just sent the item out, even though I would not have made any profit. It's called keeping your customers happy.

Just hope this buyer doesn't get irate now, because they'll sure make your life a misery.
Old 03-16-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Should have just refunded and apologised, if you get neg feedback then so be it.
Old 03-16-2019

Activity: 25%

Quote:
Hi all!

So I've got item not received case open. It was my fault that I left free shipping to buyers country and yeah he bought the item and he is demanding me to ship that item. I called him trying to explain situation very politeley but he is bad in English and he doesn't care.
Shipping costs same amount as the item - I am speaking about 500 GBP. That's quite hefty drawback on my finance. I did marked it as dispatched before due dispatch date. In messages on case I've informed buyer that item was probably "lost" because I did not wanted to spend 500GBP on shipping and have chosen cheaper option without tracking.
So what am I asking is if I get a defect or any other limitation if I choose option to refund the buyer on the "Item not received case"?

Thank you!
Next time to a avoid eventually a negative feedback or case ,
If do mistake and happen the same thing again you should refund the buyer immediately
and say the excuse that you run out of stock or the item was defective and can't send,there is less possibility can complain

Of course better not happen more

Last edited by Pedroalva; 03-16-2019 at 01:46 PM.