Paypal under 18 account limited, can I make another in the future - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-12-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Paypal under 18 account limited, can I make another in the future

• I am 16
  • I live in the UK

I have a PayPal and eBay account. My PayPal account just got limited as I have received too many funds, there are no funds trapped in the account, I got it out. Here is my problem:

I don't mind that I can't use paupal to sell. I still live with my parents as I'm 16 so I can use their account to sell, but when I leave home at 18 I will want to sell by myself again. As my account limited I can't delete it, but I haven't verified it. In the future, when I have a different bank account with different number and different card, will I be able to make a new account? I will use a different email, but will they know it's me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2019

Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Paypal under 18 account limited, can I make another in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayPalbad View Post
  • I am 16
  • I live in the UK

I have a PayPal and eBay account. My PayPal account just got limited as I have received too many funds, there are no funds trapped in the account, I got it out. Here is my problem:

I don't mind that I can't use paupal to sell. I still live with my parents as I'm 16 so I can use their account to sell, but when I leave home at 18 I will want to sell by myself again. As my account limited I can't delete it, but I haven't verified it. In the future, when I have a different bank account with different number and different card, will I be able to make a new account? I will use a different email, but will they know it's me?

As long as you don’t make more PayPal accounts before you turn 18 they will let you use their services when you turn of legal age.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinandrollout View Post
As long as you don’t make more PayPal accounts before you turn 18 they will let you use their services when you turn of legal age.
Why would making more have an effect? I'm not going to just wondering.

So there is no way of them knowing it's me when I make a new one in 2/3 years? Do I need to use a different computer or a VPN or something?
Old 04-12-2019

Longevity: 73%

Buy the stealth guide with your hard earned money
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If you move out of your parents house you'll have a new address and a new IP address. At that point all you would need is a new phone, card, and bank. Have your new address printed on your ID and you could make a new legitimate account once you have your own place.

Alternatively, eBay managed payments will most likely be rolled out to UK by the time you turn 18 so you could signup for that and not even have to bother with Paypal.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplus View Post
Buy the stealth guide with your hard earned money
$20 a month is lot of money, I don't want to pay that much.

I'm not interested in making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account. I just want to know if I make another account once I am 18 will they be able to trace me back to this unverified one?
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
I think he meant that if you tried making more accounts now using your real information, in an attempt to get around the limitation on your current PP account, it would greatly reduce the chances of PP allowing you to use your account again once you turn 18.

Honestly though I've never heard of Paypal allowing underage users back on once they're legal age.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
If you move out of your parents house you'll have a new address and a new IP address. At that point all you would need is a new phone, card, and bank. Have your new address printed on your ID and you could make a new legitimate account once you have your own place.

Alternatively, eBay managed payments will most likely be rolled out to UK by the time you turn 18 so you could signup for that and not even have to bother with Paypal.
Will a university count as an address? I won't have my own house for years most likely.

Also is that managed payment thing invite only? I'm not a business seller, just sell a few things from around the house every now and again.
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm not interested in making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account. I just want to know if I make another account once I am 18 will they be able to trace me back to this unverified one?
Not as long as you make the new account correctly. I'm not trying to advertise for anyone, but you do need to be careful when you make a new account.

Address, IP, card, phone number, and bank account all need to be different.
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Will a university count as an address? I won't have my own house for years most likely.
Yes, that would be perfectly fine. I assume you'd be able to register a debit card to your university address, so it would be a fairly simple process.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, that would be perfectly fine. I assume you'd be able to register a debit card to your university address, so it would be a fairly simple process.
If my debit card was registered to my current (parents) address would that matter? Do paypal have access to the address registered at my bank and card?
Old 04-12-2019

Longevity: 39%
Default Paypal under 18 account limited, can I make another in the future

Quote:

So there is no way of them knowing it's me when I make a new one in 2/3 years? Do I need to use a different computer or a VPN or something?

By making an account underage you’re breaking their terms of agreement, they let you off if you only created 1 or 2 accounts but if it becomes clear that you’re abusing their rules to your favour then they will eventually make it harder to get the funds in your account and turn you away when you finally turn 18.

I used to run an eBay/ PayPal scam when I was 16 and was only possible because PayPal couldn’t legally hold the funds of a minor, i made several accounts and when I finally turned 18 they wouldn’t allow me to keep the account even though my accounts never had a negative balance or anything.... it was just the fact that I had created multiple ones when I was underage.

& yes i would say new: bank account, email, number, device and everything once you turn 18 so they don’t link you with anything.

Last edited by rollinandrollout; 04-12-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If my debit card was registered to my current (parents) address would that matter? Do paypal have access to the address registered at my bank and card?
You wouldn't be able to use that card again if it's already on your limited account. Same with your bank account. And you'll have to add one or the other in order to get past UK receiving limits, so it would probably be best to just open a new bank account once you're in college and try to do this.

If you've never used that debit card on Paypal before you would be able to use it on the new account, but only after changing the card's registration address to your new uni address.

The good news is that even in the UK it's relatively easy to walk into a bank and get a fresh account/debit card.
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Uni counts as an address. You can change the address on the card by sending the uni paperwork to your bank, as you want your statements addresses there anyway.

I think that at 18 you should make an account, with different address to old one, but correct name, and you should be good.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Uni counts as an address. You can change the address on the card by sending the uni paperwork to your bank, as you want your statements addresses there anyway.

I think that at 18 you should make an account, with different address to old one, but correct name, and you should be good.
Would paypal be able to see the old address on the card/bank
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

No they wouldn't be able to. Banks aren't allowed to share past info with PP.
Old 04-12-2019

Longevity: 73%

You have like 2 years to ask these questions, things might change alot, ebay arnt even having paypal as a payment provider anyway after 2020.
The Following User Says Thank You to surplus For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplus View Post
You have like 2 years to ask these questions, things might change alot, ebay arnt even having paypal as a payment provider anyway after 2020.
Is there a source for that, as that sounds good but unlikely.
The Following User Says Thank You to PayPalbad For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Is there a source for that, as that sounds good but unlikely.
It's a real thing lol. I mentioned it in my first post. There's tons and tons of info regarding it. It's called eBay managed payments and it's already being rolled out in USA. Using managed payments, Paypal will be an option for buyers but not sellers. Sellers are paid directly by eBay to bank accounts.
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's a real thing lol. I mentioned it in my first post. There's tons and tons of info regarding it. It's called eBay managed payments and it's already being rolled out in USA. Using managed payments, Paypal will be an option for buyers but not sellers. Sellers are paid directly by eBay to bank accounts.
Will that be avalible everyone or just business sellers?
Old 04-12-2019

Longevity: 32%

I'm the same im 16 and have permenantly limited acc but with not my full name. The name on the account is like(a m) but my real name is (a m s m) none of my family members are limited luckily it's only me. Can i use the same home address for paypal or do i have to use a different address when im 18 i was suspended for my account being linked to another limited account even though i had only one.i have no bank account or credit card linked to the account.

Last edited by ninjatall12; 04-12-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Will that be avalible everyone or just business sellers?
It will be the new payment platform for anybody selling on eBay.