MC019 bait or not? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default MC019 bait or not?

Hi guys and gals need some advice listed a few items and 1 got sold through buy it now about 6 hours later got the dreaded MC019 and all my listing were pulled plus the 1 I sold.... The buyer has 0 feedback but paid for everything through paypal now is asking for refund which I have obliged, the thing is he wants me to list again so he can purchase through ebay for safety blah blah blah even though I have assured him that I have 100% feedback plus if I was a scumy scammer i would not have refunded him right away. He asked me to contact him as soon as I relist the item. Should I steer away from him as this feels quite suspect because he does trust me, if not he would not buy again so why not just carry on with the deal in the first place rather than having to list again and go through the payment process again? or he has hidden agenda!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Hi guys and gals need some advice listed a few items and 1 got sold through buy it now about 6 hours later got the dreaded MC019 and all my listing were pulled plus the 1 I sold.... The buyer has 0 feedback but paid for everything through paypal now is asking for refund which I have abliged, the thing is he wants me to list again so he can purchase through ebay for safty blah blah blah even though I have assured him that I have 100% feedback plus if I was a scumy scammer i would not have refunded him right away. He asked me to contact him as soon as I relist the item. Should I steer away from him as this feels quite suspect because he does trust me, if not he would not buy again so why not just carry on with the deal in the first place rather than having to list again and go through the payment process again? or he has hidden agenda!
The buyer is probably just an Ebay newbee - I wouldn't have thought he had anything to do with the listing removal or indeed is out to get you. Either relist the item on another unlinked account or wait at least a few weeks and change listing name and description as much as possible. As for the prospective buyer - forget about him - plenty more fish in the sea.
Old 09-04-2009

Longevity: 89%

Check the MC019 message expire date on the eBay message inbox. Most MC019 expires after 90 days. Also look at your Seller Dashboard. If the policy compliance rating is Very Low, recommend to use another account and let this one rest for 90 days to get a complete cool-off.
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks, I'm abit dubious of relisting on the same account cos ebay got this 1 in its sites so I'll probrably wait awhile till this 1 cools off and start on my standby accounts.
cheers
billy
Old 09-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If you list item on another account, do NOT inform that buyer. Could be ebay flunkee trying to link your accounts. The 'buyer' could be one of your competitors trying to get you to list item again in same acct to get you another warning or to get you listing on another acct and report you for linking.

It stinks.
Old 09-04-2009

Longevity: 91%

Remember Ebay 10 years ago? Everything was so nice, buyers and sellers too. Bad things started happening after Ebay acquired PP...These days you list things with fear, not fun any more....
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Ok thanks, I'm abit dubious of relisting on the same account cos ebay got this 1 in its sites so I'll probrably wait awhile till this 1 cools off and start on my standby accounts.
cheers
billy
Leave that account well alone. Let everything settle down. Go with your gut feeling about that buyer. If a sale is meant to be, it will happen without compromising you & an account.
Old 09-05-2009

Quote:
Hi guys and gals need some advice listed a few items and 1 got sold through buy it now about 6 hours later got the dreaded MC019 and all my listing were pulled plus the 1 I sold.... The buyer has 0 feedback but paid for everything through paypal now is asking for refund which I have obliged, the thing is he wants me to list again so he can purchase through ebay for safety blah blah blah even though I have assured him that I have 100% feedback plus if I was a scumy scammer i would not have refunded him right away. He asked me to contact him as soon as I relist the item. Should I steer away from him as this feels quite suspect because he does trust me, if not he would not buy again so why not just carry on with the deal in the first place rather than having to list again and go through the payment process again? or he has hidden agenda!
drop the account activity period.
Old 09-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
If you list item on another account, do NOT inform that buyer. Could be ebay flunkee trying to link your accounts. The 'buyer' could be one of your competitors trying to get you to list item again in same acct to get you another warning or to get you listing on another acct and report you for linking.

It stinks.
Hi vic thats what I thought so I've listed a similar item on different account now, won't be contacting him I'm taking note of his user id and email if he stumbles on my new listing I'm a totally new person so if he wins and my listing goes down again he's definitely a bad egg
My other account is now on sleep mode