Royal Mail non contact delivery problem. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Royal Mail non contact delivery problem.

I purchased around £200 worth postage stamps on ebay.

I sent a not received case after a few days, seller subsequently sent royal mail signed for tracking number which shows as delivered.

I have not received the package nor signed for it, royal mail posties are supposed to get confirmation of the name of the person receiving the parcel but they are simply writing the surname on the package and signing it.

Do i have any recourse? purchase was made on ebay and funds i had in my paypal account.

i've received other recorded items and again they simply throw it to the letterbox and do not knock on the door. Their new covid rules clearly state they should knock and note the name of the recipient. Which in my case they have not done.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Royal Mail non contact delivery problem.

Posties are supposed to sign for you RM delivered items due to COVID-19 until further notice.

It is possible that the item may have delivered to your neighbour or perhaps left in your bin. See if the tracking says anything to that effect.
Please complete a thorough check before opening any further cases.

With tracking confirming delivery, neither RM or eBay will be 100% happy to refund you.
It looks like you'd have to take it as a loss.

Of course you have one final recourse of lying to paypal but you don't want to do that because it's just plain wrong - and your loss isn't dut to the seller's fault, it's RM's.

By the way, why are you purchasing stamps on eBay? Did you know most of those stamps are pulled off mails where the local delivery office have failed to nullify them?
Most of those sellers are robing Royal Mail. You can use Click and Drop online even if you do not have an account wit Royal Mail.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 07-28-2020 at 05:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
alikayani (08-01-2020)
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

I understand the COVID 19 rules but my understanding is they still have to knock on the door to confirm recipients name and note it.

In my case they are failing to do this and simply post it. As a seller myself i completely understand that the seller is not at fault but RM. If any of my parcels dont turn up i replace or refund.

If i did a claim to paypal how would i be lying as i haven't received anything, other couriers are taking photos of the deliveries next to the postal address can't royal mail do this. I've checked with all the neighbours and they don't have them, i'm going to the local delivery office tomorrow to check further.

Stamps i bought are new not the unfranked dodgy kind. click and drop i understand you pay full price. the ones i bought on ebay were 10-15% below face value.

Wish me luck and hope they turn up somehow, or else might have to take it on the chin.
Old 07-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Yes they're supposed to knock or alert you in some way.

Apologies for the way that I framed my sentence. You're not going to win a case on PayPal if you told them you did not receive. But there are ways you could make PayPal force a refund from the seller - which will be underhanded in your case as you well aware that the seller is not at fault here. That's what I was trying to say.
It looks like RM is at fault here so if anyone should be liable, it should be RM.

10 - 15 % off the face value of the stamps means it's stolen one way or another.