Anyone can help get packages released from UK Custom PLEASE?? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

We used hold up to 45 days quite some years ago This was long B4 the markets were flooded with Chinese goods. Much of the imports were from Japan & some from Europe B4 the EU started. Parcels sit waiting, would-be-importers need some patience.
Ebayrover835 (10-13-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 86%

Getting your shipper to make the description on the airway bill boring and generic is good advice.

I buy up collections of antique and vintage items in USA and have them DHLed in about every 2 weeks but they are never labelled "antique". I have my shipper put descriptions like "used" "second user" or "junk jewellery findings" on them. In theory antiques are free of duty and VAT but in fact require all kinds of documentation and authentication. However if they opened a box it would contain "what it said on the tin". Second user items are also very difficult to put a value on.

Also they put on the commercial invoice "special offer free shipping" and send me the real invoice by email so I know how much they are debiting my card and for what. Dont forget (British) customs will also charge you import duty & VAT on the shipping cost. I dont know if customs in other countries do this.

For items coming from the US the shipper is allowed to mark the wholesale value which is typically about 1/3 to 1/4 the retail price. Wholesale is defined in US law as "cost to the manufacturer of producing the item" so for a vintage/second user item this would typically be very low anyway.

So my shipper is not breaking US law by following my instructions to mark the value at $xx - always less than the limit at which UK customs assess VAT and duty.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
Ebayrover835 (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Hello, thanks for great information, and I really wish what u said is true to me!!

Now, it has already been 3 weeks, but have not seen any response from Custom. I think I am about to call them up!

thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
I have always found DHL quite helpful over customs delays. They did tell me customs can hold your item for upto 30 days in principle.

Clearance delay can mean that there is some discrepancy between what is on the documentation that goes with the package and the info which DHL supplied electronically to the HMCR computer. In this case HMCR may then require information from the original sender which can obiously take time. A clearance delay is exactly that - and is not the same as a siezure.

I have had packages stopped by customs and delayed because there were few staff on duty and this happens at busy times like the run up to Christmas. Just because they stop your package does not mean they are going to open it.
Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 90%

Just keep tracking it and bide your time the item will either be held up and could take a month or so before it turns up just being backlogged or in a couple weeks you may get a letter, just have to be patient not much you can do to speed the process up
Old 09-15-2010

Longevity: 83%
Default please Help me :((

My shipment went on clearnce delay on 24 august 2010 and today 15th September 2010 I got a letter from Nintendo solicitor saying that they recieved a letter from Custom UK that they found 400 wii remotes in a shipment which belongs to me.

So on behalf of Wii nintendo GmBH EU and Nintendo US inc he wants me to give the permision to UK custom by writting them a letter and saying that they should destroy the goods. If I didn't give them a notice in 5 working days then The solicitor will put a case against me in civil court and they will continue to fight on this metter and my goods will be held until court will announce the final result.

Plz can any one tell me what should I do? should I write to custom? or should I just disapear as they have only my name in there record. So I am moving my house too so can they still goto court and do some thing ??

Or should I do allow them to destroy the goods.

thanks
Old 09-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Sounds like a seizure to me. They will get a rep from the company of the imported goods to say whether they are real or not. A lot of companies have departments dedicated to this.
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslam View Post
My shipment went on clearnce delay on 24 august 2010 and today 15th September 2010 I got a letter from Nintendo solicitor saying that they recieved a letter from Custom UK that they found 400 wii remotes in a shipment which belongs to me.

So on behalf of Wii nintendo GmBH EU and Nintendo US inc he wants me to give the permision to UK custom by writting them a letter and saying that they should destroy the goods. If I didn't give them a notice in 5 working days then The solicitor will put a case against me in civil court and they will continue to fight on this metter and my goods will be held until court will announce the final result.

Plz can any one tell me what should I do? should I write to custom? or should I just disapear as they have only my name in there record. So I am moving my house too so can they still goto court and do some thing ??

Or should I do allow them to destroy the goods.

thanks
This case is much complex,so you have to deal with it more carefully .You should ask some professional people who have rich experience in this .
Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default large o small quantity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
if branded goods are coming in from china
in large quantities it is obvious to anyone they are f=a=k=e

sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on

i'm just telling you the plain truth your goods have gone mate
I am planning to buy goo ds from chi na, the question I have is whether to buy little and large quantity, wanted to know when they refer to large amounts we are talking about 500, 1000, 0 2000, 5000 or may be 100 etc. thanks for plan to buy dvds replay,

anyone can tell me how to do to remember where I write in this forum?
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 83%

large QTY mean in b/w 350+ to 1000 pcs and it depends on the size of goods but they some time even open very small boxes too. The ideal which I always have no problem is 150 pcs to 250 pcs never had any problem

thanks
Old 10-07-2010

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 87%

...so if I was to order say 30 brand named purses or sweatshirts from China I probably would not have a problem with goods being seized?

I am new to this importing game so please ignore me if this is a silly question.
Old 10-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy View Post
...so if I was to order say 30 brand named purses or sweatshirts from China I probably would not have a problem with goods being seized?

I am new to this importing game so please ignore me if this is a silly question.
A few months ago, a parcel with contents like that would have sailed through. Now though Customs are checking everything and seizing anything that is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You might be lucky and get a few through but honestly ask yourself whether or not its profitable to keep losing parcels and addresses...
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 80%

hi forummember you scare me with what you say what do you thinks 50 p90x white box is ok is to large quantity and weight?
Old 10-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

@MERMAID

Pm'd.
Old 10-09-2010

Longevity: 94%
Default hey

hi there i know abit about uk customs what was the item???
Old 10-11-2010

Longevity: 78%

be careful with any parcels from china in run up to xmas, from now till jan, i would not recommend having large parcels or large amounts of parcels, i keep to my rules and have never touch wood had one stopped, if they are stopped and they are brand then unless 100% real walk away, if you get a good suppiler they will send good parcels, remember they are doing this all day every day and know how to by pass customs, but if worst happens and you lose your parcel to them a good supplier will normally go halves on cost of parcel contents. once you are a good customer to them then they will help you so they keep your custom, never pay for your items from china with paypal you will end up limited very quickly
Old 11-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMAID View Post
hi forummember you scare me with what you say what do you thinks 50 p90x white box is ok is to large quantity and weight?
20 PCS p90x white box is about 27kgs,each package should not over than 20kgs,and each shippment come with 2 package should be ok .
Old 11-11-2010

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 87%

So how many small parcels (less than 20kg) would it be safe to get shipped to one address in UK in a month? Would one every week be too much or would that probably be ok?

Last edited by delboy; 11-11-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

One a week shouldn't be problem as long as it's wrapped well. Sometimes though they go for everything, watch out for news reports on it.