Anyone can help get packages released from UK Custom PLEASE?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Anyone can help get packages released from UK Custom PLEASE??

Hello,

I have a package being held in UK custom for over 10 days. It delivered by DHL, and tracking page of DHL shows the progress is Clearance Delay!

So, what does Clearance Delay mean?? Anybody has similar experience of using DHL deliver package, being held in UK custom with Clearance Delay?? How u guys get packages released? Or what results it could be leading to??

I am just anxious as I need to get this package asap! So, anybody would be kindly helping please??

Thanks a lot in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

are the contents anything customs may confiscate?
Old 10-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for reply!

I have no idea of what it is going on with custom. I just called UK DHL, but they did not offer me a lot help. They said they can't do anything but wait.

I am wondering if I am supposed to contact custom to try to get my package release!?

Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

what was in it matters, to advise further, I mean were they copies, where from China?
Old 10-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^pm me if its sensitive
Old 10-08-2009

hi,
your items have gone

wait a few weeks and you'll get a letter from hm revenue saying if you have proof that the goods are real you have to do something

otherwise they will destroy in 2 weeks
Old 10-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi, mate

Thanks for reply! Actually, this is just what I am worried about!

What about if I can confirm its real? what kind of proof they want? How they confirm their authentity?

I have not received any letter from them yet!

Thanks for help!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
hi,
your items have gone

wait a few weeks and you'll get a letter from hm revenue saying if you have proof that the goods are real you have to do something

otherwise they will destroy in 2 weeks
Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayrover835 View Post
Hi, thanks for reply!
I have no idea of what it is going on with custom. I just called UK DHL, but they did not offer me a lot help. They said they can't do anything but wait.
I am wondering if I am supposed to contact custom to try to get my package release!?
Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot in advance!
An imported item does not necessarily clear HM Customs in what 'you' regard a quick time. The parcel may be sitting waiting to be assessed & is so delayed in release to you. It needs to be checked for different matters from its authenticity to its VAT assessment. Which hub has the parcel ?

If you have a tracking no# from DHL, call them back & get an approx time when it got handed over to Customs. (There will be a general time only.)Unless otherwise arranged, clearance ACTION may not start at once. If DHL have been your agent, then they should be proactive in helping you get the parcel. IF DHL are agents for EMS, then they may not be as helpful.

tbh, if it is less than 14 days, it is early days for its release. Annoying but that can be the case. Let us know what happens. You have the right to appeal if anything goes wrong B4 your items get destroyed
Old 10-09-2009

Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

ebay, Please resize this image. No need for it to be so big
kirkie (11-10-2010)
Old 10-09-2009

sorry Greenbean for some reason can't reduce the size anymore
Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Not to worry. Royal pain though.
Old 10-10-2009
Threadstarter  

Hello, thanks for great information@!

I think this is very offical response for any packages they seize, but I am expecting clearance delay might be because they are too busy, and have not had time to check my package.

I am wondering how they confirm its authentity? Do they seek help from other parties? like trading standard//

Should i contact Custom to find out what realling going on? or just wait for their repsonse?? Actually, I don't want to give them much of my information!!

Thanks in advance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
Old 10-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

quite possibly a clearance delay..

how do they tell, I dont think they refer them, they just look at them, its usually noticed by their trained eye, on stitching, packaging for borderline stuff but of course some things are just obvious - things from China etc
Old 10-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%
Default Getting Customs items released

Often its worth giving them a call and providing the reference number.

Sometime there is a surcharge to pay. Also make sure your supplier covers up the Branded names where possible. Most will do this if you ask them.

Also ask them to mark it gist and put a very low value.

If you value is high that is often the reason for a hold and a surcharge.
Old 10-10-2009

if branded goods are coming in from china
in large quantities it is obvious to anyone they are f=a=k=e

sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on

i'm just telling you the plain truth your goods have gone mate
Old 10-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

That is not often always the case. If the customs workers open a box from China and thats an "if" there is no guarantee that they will take action against a small shipment. I.E Pack with 5 to 15 handbags. It is just not financially viable. They are after the bigger fish. They caught one with a whole container of thousands of Nike Branded products and they prosecuted this guy.

I would give them a call and feel it out. If there is a charge to pay then pay it. If they have sussed that the goods are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then they will destroy them = no charge.

It makes me laugh a bit. In my opinion most ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are better than the real thing. I purchased a genuine C Dior bag or £850 and a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ for £55. Almost everyone I asked thought the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ was genuine as the genuine bag smelt of s**t. The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ smelt of lovely leather.

Im all for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ until these companies start charging normal prices. THEY are the criminals.
Old 10-11-2009

if they weren't going to take any action he would have got it by now
with yellow tape
Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

You could possibly be right. My point is never "assume" or you risk making an "ass" out of "u" and "me". It is often worth carefully pushing issues all the way as sometimes the results can be surprising.
Old 10-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes, I also tend to believe my package already gone! Otherwise, it should have been delivered very quickly, as DHL is very quick usually!

Hi, mark, I am interested on what u said " covered up brand name in package", so what does that mean? How do u do this? Brand covered could be escaping custom's eyes??

This is first time I meet this situation, and I paid higher to DHL, but lost more reversely, too sad!

Thanks for all answers! thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark678 View Post
You could possibly be right. My point is never "assume" or you risk making an "ass" out of "u" and "me". It is often worth carefully pushing issues all the way as sometimes the results can be surprising.
Old 10-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default A good Supplier

What I mean is by covering up the brand names. For example: The Christian Dior Gaucho Handbag has a metal clasp on the front with "Christian Dior" on it.

Now anyone who sees this should instantly know its a Dior Bag.

Any supplier with a bit of "know" will cover up all brand names in such a way that it looks as though they are trying to protect them item rather than cover anything up. So with a little bit of this applied if someone was to open the box there is a better chance that this could help.

Also I knew of one supplier that packed his items in such a way with lots of tape so the boxes where very difficult to open and once opened they would be a real pain to re seal in an acceptable way. This is great as this also allows more chance of an item slipping by.

There are some really good suppliers out there but my main advice to suppliers would be

1) Pack items well with lots of lightweight packing material, and cover up brand names, but make it look like protection.

2) Make the outer packing as hard as possible to get into which means you wreck it when you open

3) Mark "gift" as a very low denomination say £10 or $10 and write a vague description such as "fashion accessory" or "fashion item"

4) If a supplier doesnt seem to know what he / she is doing find a new supplier, there are plenty out there.

5) Dont forget that suppliers want to keep YOU happy, they want YOUR business.

6) I knew of one supplier that put a high price of the customs form £250 and listed as handbags. The person who bought them went mad as they had to pay £45 in excess custom charges. They emailed they supplier who then sent a FREE parcel to keep the persons business.

N.B Most good suppliers are VERY switched on and really great friendly people.

Tip is, if they do stuff that creates you hassles give them a chance to rectify, if not NEVER use them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
Ebayrover835 (10-13-2009)
Old 10-12-2009

Longevity: 86%

I have always found DHL quite helpful over customs delays. They did tell me customs can hold your item for upto 30 days in principle.

Clearance delay can mean that there is some discrepancy between what is on the documentation that goes with the package and the info which DHL supplied electronically to the HMCR computer. In this case HMCR may then require information from the original sender which can obiously take time. A clearance delay is exactly that - and is not the same as a siezure.

I have had packages stopped by customs and delayed because there were few staff on duty and this happens at busy times like the run up to Christmas. Just because they stop your package does not mean they are going to open it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
Ebayrover835 (10-13-2009), GreenBean (10-12-2009)