Set up 2 user accounts, do i delete the flash cookies? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Set up 2 user accounts, do i delete the flash cookies?

my windows crashed, so reinstalled it, formatting the drives, used cc cleaner, then set up 1 admin user account, and 1 ebaya user account and 1 ebayb user account, to rotate 2ebay into 1 paypal

should i have deleted the flash cookies first before opening the user accounts?

secondly, when i just casual surf in the admin user account ebay (i never login into ebay or paypal from this) - will ebay link the user accounts or do have to login into ebay and paypal for this to happen?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2009

Longevity: 85%

No... the cookies won't be shared across user accounts.

And there should be no risk of linking from casual surfing on a clean user account and without logging in.

CaptainJack
Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i only use the admin user account to casual surf, i've read on the forum about deleting flash cookies that ebay/ppal use to link accounts

oh, when i formatted the hard drives, and then put on windows xp again, and changed the ip, i logged into the ebayA user account and went to sell, it did not ask me to verify i was the account holder

i thought it would ask me, since i did a clean install of windows xp, format drives and used cc cleaner, does this mean that the old cookies before the xp reinstall are still on the syste?
Old 12-31-2009

No...

It was just the luck of the draw that you didn't have to re-verify....

CaptainJack
Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
No...

It was just the luck of the draw that you didn't have to re-verify....

CaptainJack
thats what i cant get my head around, surely would have asked me to verify, since it was a cleaner install
Old 12-31-2009

Longevity: 83%

actually ebay ask to verifiy by call in two reasons or if they find two types of findings in your system.

1 - if cookies are there but your "token" doesn't match with the cookie they don't link your account if your info and other user info are 100% different they make a call or ask verifiy yourself with the account. so they ask some question and then add this system to your account as well if they satisfied that you and the other user are sharing this PC like one home all family member got ebay accounts.

2 - if system is clean no other or perviously use by any other ebay member then they just add this computer to you ebay account as 2nd computer or secound computer in some cases they do verification but chances are very very small only if you switching b/w two ips or pcs to frequently. and keep deleteing cookes so every time they will not find your info so they will verifiy it again and again after 2 to 3 days so once you made new account change IP is ok but don't delete cookies continusly. so after you install the new wondows and new IP they believe by default you have a new computer or laptop.

in all above twwo option if they found any suspended or blocked account they will block some of them one by one even if they belong to different family member and if there bank or paypal account details are shared amoung them.

I had perviously 4 account used from 3 different PCs and we use each and every account or every PC one of them get blocked / susspended with paypal as well after 6 month they block the other one which was my wifes as she used my bank details but they never block my brother account which he used all his details and after first blocked address he take it seprate on seprate ip and PC.

NOTE: using one paypal with 2 ebay account is also a risk becare full when you attach them to one paypal mean your both ebay are linked there is no objection to use one paypal on ebay and with private website but there is some objection from ebay to have 2 ebay ID.

Last edited by aslam; 12-31-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-31-2009

Just don't worry about it. You're fine.

You have a serperate windows user account set up for your Ebay/PP accounts. As long as you continue with this for each new set of accounts you create you don't need to think about cookies and flash anymore.

Just leave it to it's own devices and concentrate on selling.

Oh and I thought we had already established you don't need seperate Windows user accounts for Ebay-a and Ebay-b as they are both in the same name and linked to 1 PayPal!

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 12-31-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^I have, you have, Captain. Bit the obvious ain't always obvious

Fish out of water mean anything