getting uk phone no - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

^^ yes callsign should work, and if it doesnt letter goes out to your address

callsign should pose no problems regarding flagging

Old 03-05-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Am thinking of verifying a 2nd EBAY/PP account that is registered to my current address. Can I use Call Sign for this? The account will take high amount of sales eventually so it will be flagged up with PP, will need to be sure if Call Sign will cause any problem later on down the line? THANKS
I've used Call Sign for paypal and registered an ebay selling account very recently.

When it comes to selling, once registered, look up your addresses in ebay and make sure you add the phone number. You have to add it again as it is not pre-filled. They want this in case of an issue relating to your account so this will avoid any temporary holds until you add the info or don't get their call.
Old 03-05-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

I have already registered a seller account about 3 weeks ago and at the time i didn't know about callsign and used a friends number which is an 0207 and I am in a 0203 area, but this was just for ebay. I will verify Pay Pal with Callsign and then go into the ebay account and change the phone number back to the Callsign number from the 0207, do u guys think this might flag anything up?
Old 03-05-2010

It should be ok, you can have different addresses on file and they are going to be happy that you have updated your new phone number. Pick up the verification calls and you will be ready to rock.
Old 03-06-2010

Hey guys! I have verified my PP account, before it was giving me hard time like the address entered is not correct etc but finally managed to get a call from them using soho66 it is pretty cool for those who want to try! SO my question is, even though i am a verified user but i cannot lift the £1700 limits? All stages is complete...there is no incomplete info they requested -but when i verified through phone, i got a msg on the screen, now we will send you letter via post...can someone please help me because i am confused! what is going on, should i be calling them? or start selling - either paypal will limit you at the end so should i start selling?? The info is a relative info.
Old 03-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

^^ok letter is going to relatives address, it will be there in approx 3 weeks...

soho is good for ebay seller account, but most voip based numbers are not close enough to a real number for the likes of paypal location verification.

for location you need a virtual number that is closely matched to one that would be in that street and assigned by BT - in general
Old 03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post

for location you need a virtual number that is closely matched to one that would be in that street and assigned by BT - in general
BT don't assign numbers like that. You get an area code and that's it, the rest doesn't matter. My Call Sign isn't remotely close to my official landline number.

If you are saying that certain numbers fail, the only reason I can think of is that the virtual numbers are redirected and maybe PP pick up on this. These virtual numbers are intended to give customers the impression that a business is local when in fact they are based in a different town.

Last edited by bode; 03-06-2010 at 04:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

ok, Im just going by feedback from one forumer who said it really matched the number he already had - actually you may be correct.

I suppose it varies as to what numbers BT have available and they try and match you up, but if they cant you get something further away - but the redirection is something that people have mentioned as being the issue, but we hadnt established it, as people had varying results...
Old 03-07-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Hey guys! I have verified my PP account, before it was giving me hard time like the address entered is not correct etc but finally managed to get a call from them using soho66 it is pretty cool for those who want to try! SO my question is, even though i am a verified user but i cannot lift the £1700 limits? All stages is complete...there is no incomplete info they requested -but when i verified through phone, i got a msg on the screen, now we will send you letter via post...can someone please help me because i am confused! what is going on, should i be calling them? or start selling - either paypal will limit you at the end so should i start selling?? The info is a relative info.
Dear Friend,

If you used the number which belongs to your area then there should not be any problem by paypal and the only reason to send you the letter is if you fail to pickup the call or if your phone number doesn't belong to your area.

For eg: I am using 3 numbers at the moment for east london, 0208,0207 and 0203 they all get verified without any problem. I will advise use SIPGATE.co.uk is the best option.

2 - if you have success fully confirmed all the steps and after phone confirmation if they showed you the message that you have successfully verified your account over the phone. then they are not going to send you the letter but if they display the message that "We was unable to verifiy your account over the phone for some reason and going to send you the letter by post then they are sending you the letter".

Some time even you done all the verification steps you still see the "view limit" or lift your limit in your account for eg:

i have 6 paypal account andin 2 accounts I done all the steps there was no step remainning for the lift limit but still in my account there was "view limit" but there was no step todo there. I call paypal and email twoice to them they said its just a gelich in there system I should not worry and continue my sale but to be very honest they drop my account on 1200£

I email them again with reference or pervious mail and they replied with invoice, photo ID, and I provided all but they block my account with reason this "limitation can't apeal against"

For the 2nd account in which I had same situation I tried my own way and I started all the verification steps again even they were marked done in resolution center.

"I started removeing my bank account from the paypal account and then re added it. Once I did it view limit just disapear from my account."

So I will advise do so the same if you have done every thing and its marked as done in your papal then the view limit will disapear.

Some time this disapear by just upgrading your account from private to premier account.

thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aslam For This Useful Post:
ddda88 (03-09-2010), oompaloompa (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

the only time a number ever worked for pp location was when I used a virtual number - when I used voip, rest of time its failed - but I didnt care as I knew that was a possiblity and addresses where real.

BUT that virtual number that worked WAS diverted to my landline -so not 100% sure diversion is the issue, maybe they detect voip or maybe voip isnt close enough in matching

I think there is a difference between virtual and voip. Some telecoms expert could tell us - but doesnt virtual kinda sit on your existing line, wheras voip is more of a diversion.

anyhoo - bottom line voip has never worked for me, for pp location code...but not sure why exactly

so, thats where all confusion lies, different results for different forumers - frustrating

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-07-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

aslam quoted - For the 2nd account in which I had same situation I tried my own way and I started all the verification steps again even they were marked done in resolution center.

"I started removeing my bank account from the paypal account and then re added it. Once I did it view limit just disapear from my account."

So I will advise do so the same if you have done every thing and its marked as done in your papal then the view limit will disapear.

Some time this disapear by just upgrading your account from private to premier account.

Interesting ^^^ not sure I quite follow though......
Old 03-07-2010

thank you all really appreciate your comments I had paypal accounts previously and never experienced anything like this before....It is so much hassle to avoid limitation and to stay in ebay!
Old 03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
- but the redirection is something that people have mentioned as being the issue, but we hadnt established it, as people had varying results...

Explained here:
Local Area Numbers - 01 and 02 STD Codes from Planet Numbers | Planet Numbers
Old 03-07-2010

Longevity: 92%

Call Centres use this all the time. For example, local or national UK number gets forwarded to a call centre abroad (Bangalore) via VOIP. Poor customer sods think they are talking to someone in UK, when in fact this is not the case.
Old 03-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Call Centres use this all the time. For example, local or national UK number gets forwarded to a call centre abroad (Bangalore) via VOIP. Poor customer sods think they are talking to someone in UK, when in fact this is not the case.
err no, as soon as they open their mouth , I know Im talking to India - my heart sinks as I know they can only do the most basic of enquiries for me, anything else , useless - complete false economy by these companies
Old 03-10-2010

Longevity: 92%

Err yes.. you are put through abroad but they are supposed to make it look like you're being dealt with locally/nationally. Speaking to the callperson is the give-away we know that.

Who's kidding who I wonder??
Old 03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Err yes.. you are put through abroad but they are supposed to make it look like you're being dealt with locally/nationally. Speaking to the callperson is the give-away we know that.

Who's kidding who I wonder??
Are you sure? These call centre people know the latest plots in Coronation Street and the unusually nice weather we are having today. They couldn't be in India!! I watched Slum Dog Millionaire
Old 09-26-2010

Longevity: 83%

aslam, how far east are you ?
Old 09-26-2010

Longevity: 78%

I live in a place that is heavily populated by Asians so if they built it round here then you would think you were talking to india.
Old 09-26-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

I use ttnc.co.uk - choose a number in your area & direct it to your mobile. I have a few numbers with them works a treat (even keep one to supply to banks etc - why should they know my number if they won't tell me theirs?)

Last edited by kathemmi; 09-26-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 10-01-2010

Longevity: 85%

can anybody help me with getting extra phone numbers to verify new ebay/paypal accounts, was looking at vonage and sipgate, failing this will have to go back to the phone box method :-(
Old 10-01-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

thought u said u earn 20,000 a day if i was u i wouldnt need no help getting numbers if i had that sort of doe dont u no any1 u can pay off

Last edited by ebayerOG; 10-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.