Reselling High value Phones and keeping under the radar - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Reselling High value Phones and keeping under the radar

Ok im very new here but am very familiar with the lovely people at ebay and paypal...
After approx 9 years of buying and selling with out 1 single neg over 2 accounts I finally got the dreaded message... and I know why...I got totally stuffed on a sale by ebay and as a result I tried to stuff them, which i did hoorah... and then they limked my accouts.. boo
so i now have a nice new broadband service, a new home and address new email and new bank accounts, the only things that are the same is my name and what i buy and sell ( phones )

so whats wrong with me setting up a new buyers account with my new bank details etc and get buying again and use my new paypal account ?

I believe the problems will arise once i start selling 1 , 2 3, 4 phones a day 300 600 900 1200 GBP a day, so do i have 3,4 5, sellers accounts all with the same details just different bank acccounts and emails.

Just really need a clear plan on how i can trade, i have read the Stealth Book a few times but cant seem to compile a plan from all the information, maybe information overload.

essentialy what im doing is pretty simple and i believe doesnt break any rules what so ever

any one doing something similar or knows how to best do what im attempting I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance and really look forward to hearing from you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

unlike some newbies to the forum, you have understood that you must clarify why you were thrown off previously and how to start slow, otherwise it will be same scenario next time.

The different accounts idea is good, I personally would have 2 ebays linked to 1 paypal, and have another set in seperate details

paypal and ebay may query how you are making a profit on such desireable items, who your supplier is and rights issues. You think you are doing nothing wrong, but in their eyes there may be more going on, ie rights owner not wanting you to sell on ebay, even if they are legit goods, competition from other sellers can scupper an account....or too much money going through an account (that is easier to solve)...

You must be extremely careful regarding linking so, check and doublecheck the book. Use a different windows user if possible or clean off any LSO with betterprivacy add on to mozilla.

hopefully some phone sellers will add to this thread, even though you are competition!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-28-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks oompaloompa

Yes the only link to me now is my name.. do you think thats a problem ?

Whats LSO and regarding my supplier, where do you think I would stand if i said my supplier is Ebay

Thanks again
Old 03-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I think you will be ok. A useful point for you is that if you do get an ebay account suspended you can change the name and address details anyway.

But the name being the only issue wont see you suspended. IMO they have millions of other ebay accounts to deal with, the real hardcore scammers.

If you are sensible you will have no problems. But also I would get a few feedback for selling normal low priced items first before starting with these phones. Even if you are totally legit listing high value stuff from the outset will see you get stopped in your tracks for as they call it "suspicious" activity.

And yes sell these phones over several accounts if possible.
Old 03-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Neo Thankyou for the encouraging words, much appreciated... re changing the address, that would be a problem, I need to take deliveries, how would i work around that ? totally agree with steady and little by little, Ideally I want 5 seller accounts, can I just have 5 seperate ebay accounts all under my name all same bank and pre paid credit cards 5 different email addresses to five different paypal accounts again all the same details, at least i could sell from alternating accounts even if they do all go back to one person ? Thanks again for any info or advice - fyi tesco phone verifiacation no problems (o:
Old 03-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

LSO = locally shared objects (not cookies), do a forum search.

addresses can be pobox or variations of a real addresses, again do a search as Ive written a few observations on it.

name can be an issue, especially if you are selling exact same product but as Neo said it is only an issue if youve really upset them and they are on the safari jeep, chasing after you....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2010

Longevity: 92%

Hey, why don't you set up a real store online with a real domain name instead of going back to eBay/PP?

You don't want to go back to eBay/PP.

If you want to collaborate get in touch via PM.
Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

What phones do you selling?
Old 03-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

early what Oompa says is spot on. A po box (but without having po box in the title)

or a variation of another address. You can still have your preferred address on packages sent out and you can ask buyers to return an item to your preferred address.

Its just you cant put this preferred address on file with ebay if it has been suspended as that is far too risky and not worth the risk.
Old 03-05-2010

Longevity: 84%

I always just put my stealth address for return address, which doesn't exsist at least not that I know of lol. I always find it funny when ebay or paypal tell me the customer is sending an item back to me for a refund, I just can't wait till it get's here lol. That usually only happens when the account is down or about to go down, normally I just give refunds without having them send it back, I wouldn't use a p.o. box for returns since it's still tracable to your real address same reason I don't accept moneyorders.
Old 03-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

The only problem i see with that is that if you refund the money you also dont get the item back.

Granted you stay stealth and I can understand the reasons for that. I did experiment with this idea once with a totally ridiculous stealth address.

Anyway the buyers got the refunds and the items ended up in the postal abyss somewhere never to be seen again.

I would rather have the item sent back to a po box or some other address that I have access to. Even if it is faulty so I can still resell it.
Old 03-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

It all depends on what you're selling too, if I was selling a pair of gucci high tops that I paid $50 for I might want those back but if I was selling a piece of software for $5 and it was opened I wouldn't be concerned. Even still if the person wanted to refund the shoes I would just give them my p.o. box by e-mail. The only problem with that is if the person happens to be someone from the company or somewhere else they've got one more link to your real info. If you deal mostly in vero it's better to factor in returns as %100 loss IMO.
Old 03-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

another thing if you really dont have a return address you want to use is not to put a return address on back - but send with tracking and enough insurance to cover loss. Then if it doesnt turn up you can trace via tracking details and get it redelivered and if it goes awol completely you can claim via insurance - this is NOT a recommendation, just a suggestion for anyone contemplating this...

I suggest having a po box for a high earning account but returns for lower priced goods via a pobox is really really expensive, they charge you to receive item then to send it to you, plus they add postage on top of course, plus most also charge a membership fee..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-06-2010 at 09:00 AM.