Confused and thinking if Business acc needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Confused and thinking if Business acc needed

I'm little confused whether I'm doing something wrong as I can't see other users discussing this. I’m selling VeRo stuff and could easily had 20-25 listings running on any day on any account but in last two months I could only sell 4-5 items of certain brand on each acc for 30 days . Now is this just happening to me as I don’t see anyone else talking about this or am I the last person selling vero items.
When I’m trying to list 5th or 6th item message pops up like “ebay trying to make community safe” and blah blah something like that and offers to upgrade to business so here goes question 2, when looking through “upgrade to business acc” info it only says I need to “switch” my acc to business and that’s it and nothing about need of business bank account or anything else.
Could someone clarify if that’s so easy and if theres any benefit in going business.
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes correct, on newer accounts you get this, 1 per 30 days, then you hit 2 per 30 (eg. at 6month or 20 fb mark etc) and so on, no exact science or amount, they just review it, business accounts can take more vero, but then again your address is on there for rights owner to see, so there is the downside, you do not need a business bank account. No point in varying brands as they are often clumped together as one restriction but selling other stuff in different catagories may help, truth is you cannot have a longstanding high amount selling vero account for certain brands unless you have vero clearance. I suggest you look in to stocking other goods as well, it will help with feedback and can be profitable. Alternative is that some brands do not get this message, which is why you get a saturation and lower prices, but thats an alternative.
Old 08-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks oompa I know what you mean but they are not new accs, over year old, 100 - 200 fbs and I always have very high DSRs, as I said I used to sell many items on those accs but then suddenly all limited to 4-5. I do agree with you and understand I need to sell other goods in different categories but at the moment I'm struggling probably with my laziness to find what to sell in the first place. Also you said "business accounts can take more vero, but then again your address is on there for rights owner to see" do you mean if needed they'll go all the way to find my address through bank account as thats stealth acc nowhere it has my real address details only through bank.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

no you are required to have contact details visible as a business account, see bottom of business accounts auctions. now I am not saying these are your real details, but it adds other issues if they seek to contact you with regards to items ...private accounts are more anon in that respect

well 100-200 fb plus year old and you are allowed just 4-5 then thats all you can do other than the vero program, and I am guessing you may not want to go that route, right?!

see this recent thread
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-opinions.html

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-18-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2010

Longevity: 79%

And that is where a service address comes in

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
And that is where a service address comes in
a service address, if real eg pobox would still get enquiries that you would have to answer, and if you didnt they may take it further. What Im saying is they will have one of your addresses, but with private account, it would require more on their part to trace the registration address.
Old 08-19-2010

does anyone know how many items i can list before ebay determines if im a business, my friend used to sell loads per month and ebay made her turn into a business, im setting my account up and would like to know this please as im scared if they class me as a business too if i sell too much? does anyone know the monthly limit?
Old 08-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

dont know about any specific amounts, its at their discretion, if you sell items that you have bought to resell or make items yourself and sell them, intending to make a profit.

It does not have to be a high amount of profit, that is definately not their basis, but alot of listings eg. over 50 a week, may be a rough baseline
Old 08-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks oompa for a link.
Can anyone with personal account confirm you are selling non-vero items without crazy 4-5 items a months limit.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry-mad View Post
does anyone know how many items i can list before ebay determines if im a business, my friend used to sell loads per month and ebay made her turn into a business, im setting my account up and would like to know this please as im scared if they class me as a business too if i sell too much? does anyone know the monthly limit?

If you approach 100 then you keep getting a message , i think i posted it last night as im on the limit now, it wont even let me edit what i have listed .

this happed before and i just deleted 20 and it went away

it also includes multiples as 25 x 4 =100

oompaloompa , i never have a service address in anything but stealth lol
infact everything is stealth

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-22-2010

Longevity: 92%

Curious how you have been able to flog such high volume on a personal account without getting limited for **** on PayPal?

Answer that.
Old 08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Curious how you have been able to flog such high volume on a personal account without getting limited for **** on PayPal?

Answer that.

i wish i could mate, at the end of the day i don't make the rules just break them like the rest of you, i just set the accounts like i do and never really had an issue , on the few occasions i have been limited, i either have argued the toss, tired to find ways round what they ask for or just given it to them.

Like everyone else i guess.

At the end of the day mate its all the in the luck of the draw, some are just lucky than others .

Hers what i try and do

1 stay up to date with there t.c's i know its a ball ache but imo this is essential .

2 always be on the phone to them, p p and e b a y even for the silliest of things "just to ask question you already know the answers too", i try and ring them at least once twice a week for a few months on new accounts and still phone them evey month a few times if i can after that

3 take you time in the way you do things, slow down try and look at what your doing as if your an outsider(where do i leave a footprint), don't go rushing in, the more time you spend on preparation can be a testament to how long your accounts last, get your **** together right from the start other wise you shoot yourself in the foot and for that you only have yourself to blame .

Old 08-23-2010

Ring them up and tell them what?? Read them a story book?
Old 08-24-2010

i would that this part is obvious seen as though i have already said about ..just to ask question you already know the answers

The point is , you are supposed to be new to p p/e b a y so i just ring them to ask general questions LIKE I WOULD as if i was new

IMO it shows a bit of a genuine element, it also gets you speaking to them on the phone so if your really need to phone them your not so nervous and less likely to F UP when you do

Old 08-24-2010

Time for some lewd calls I recon.