purchase from ebay and claim to royalmail - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default purchase from ebay and claim to royalmail

so I bought a gift costing approx £230 from ebay, it arrived just before christmas and it was by speical delivery, so insured, but the box was broken underneath and inside was some of the item, eg the spare parts, but main part was missing, it was all wrapped in a RM bag with a standard letter saying items lost or damaged!. I signed for it not knowing this and postman didnt say anything, practicaly threw it at me, not sure if in a hurry or knew.

I contact ebay seller and they are refusing to refund me, even though Ive offered to return everything inc RM bags and letter, and they can claim on insureance, they say I am receiver i must make claim to RM is this true???

I havent put a case in to ebay yet as I need advise, they are a bsiness seller, either box broke and RM couldnt find main part or it was stolen, or it sat in the snow maybe, I cant tel from box, how it happend, plus my main pressie to mrs was not available and you can imagne the earache, that was what annoyed me most.

one other big issue why I dont wanna claim is it is real address but stealth name, when i moved i registered new account but used a variation of name, post get here fine obviously but a compensation cheque fro RM may or may not be able to be cashed, i noticed bank looks carefully at cheques and its to much of a variation i think

Last edited by missinglink; 12-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 79%

For sure it is the buyers responsibility to put in the claim.

i would contact the seller and point out your intentions if he does not place the claim

i would not open a ebay dispute, i would open a PP one for goods not as described if the seller is not cooperative

I'm quite surprise that the seller does not want to make the claim, its an earner for him, i used to send most things special delivery just in case it went missing or got damaged, he is the seller and can make an invoice for the full £500 to submit to royal mail

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Tiz - RM usually ask if it is an ebay purchase on claim form , there are boxes to tick, and they ask for both parties details, they sometimes check, although not usually, so unless a seller has buyers agreement to 'swindle' RM, RM ask for copy of paypal transaction printed off, so they know the amount paid and pay out only that. The best way to deal with it is to edit the name on the paypal print off, give all of the other details correctly, I do not think this is dishonest really, you have genuinely lost out. Hopefully when and if RM check up by calling/email/writing to seller they will not notice that the names are different.

opening up a SND claim, might be good if they hadnt told seller the story, they could have sent item back, all bundled with RM letter and then seller would have to make a claim haha. I assume a SND could fail if seller has email proof of what youve said, pp might tell you to make a claim to RM - not sure.

As it stands though, it is up to you to make a claim as recepient, but if you cannot cash cheque that is a big obstacle. Maybe try and think of a story, like it was
paid for by registered paypal person but it was for someone else at address, and could seller please make an invoice another name - thing is if seller is sticking to the rules and is uncooperative , it may not be worth revealing your stealth identity. hmmm......

I have one thought that is very very dishonest and bypasses seller completely, have a think on it, after all you have the RM letter!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-28-2010 at 03:07 PM.