Problem with paypal, info & limits: help needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Problem with paypal, info & limits: help needed

guys...sorry about cross-posting...but im desperate for ideas....i guess if i carry on like this, aspkin.com might ban me as well!!!!

hi guys!

ive had my paypal accnt for around a year now, and have been trading bits and pieces, nothing spectacular, since then.

other day i recvd a note from paypal saying i must send in a direct debit mandate for my bank, whihc ive done, and it was accepted.

the paypal accnt is already verified, but they said i was nearing the £1900 yearly limit and to lift that, they would like me to add the direct debit to it, which i did today (with my heart in my mouth, i hasten to add!!), and that was accepted ok, but there was another question i had to answer about my personal info (address, date of birth etc) which i did, but their system never accepted it, as i got a message saying "..your details do not match what we ahve on our records..."!

i think they may be quering my date of birth that i put in, which i just guessed, as i dont remember what date of birth i opened the paypal account with...!
the address etc was correct by the way.

is there any way i can find out what date of birth i put down when i first opened the account?
i tried going on the "profile" button, and all it shows is the name, address and credit card etc on file, but no date of birth.
does anyone know how i can get out of this fix pls? :(

or could i just leave things as they are on this paypal account, make up another one and add that one to my ebay account?

paypal are not actually limiting this account yet--theyve given me 60 days or so to provide the info, before they clamp down on it, which is good i suppose!!

pls help me, if any of you wonderful, knowledgeable people out there can!

BTW another thing im thinking about is adding a merchant account to the existing ebay accnt -- if thats possible, what would be the best merchant accnt to go for in the UK pls?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - first of all you should not be so demanding as a new member.

That aside, I wish I knew of a way to find the date of birth - if you can't pull it from pa yp al account then you may be in problems - have to write everything down.

Makes sense though - I mean if pa yp al displayed that info, any hacker getting into an account would destroy it.

All the best.
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 79%

you could try and blag them by saying you was worried about your security when you joined so entered it incorrectly.

on another note i had a conversation with an eby rep and when i called they asked my D.O.B and i gave the wrong one 3 times, anyhow we still had the conversation, when i put the phone down i was gutted thinking the account would be closed but it wasn't, i have also faxed id with the wrong d.o.b. but the limits was lifted.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 02-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
As you were.
siccspitz (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
As you were.
^^ hahaha

this guys funny
Old 02-25-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadin View Post
guys...sorry about cross-posting...but im desperate for ideas....i guess if i carry on like this, aspkin.com might ban me as well!!!!

hi guys!

ive had my paypal accnt for around a year now, and have been trading bits and pieces, nothing spectacular, since then.

other day i recvd a note from paypal saying i must send in a direct debit mandate for my bank, whihc ive done, and it was accepted.

the paypal accnt is already verified, but they said i was nearing the £1900 yearly limit and to lift that, they would like me to add the direct debit to it, which i did today (with my heart in my mouth, i hasten to add!!), and that was accepted ok, but there was another question i had to answer about my personal info (address, date of birth etc) which i did, but their system never accepted it, as i got a message saying "..your details do not match what we ahve on our records..."!

i think they may be quering my date of birth that i put in, which i just guessed, as i dont remember what date of birth i opened the paypal account with...!
the address etc was correct by the way.

is there any way i can find out what date of birth i put down when i first opened the account?
i tried going on the "profile" button, and all it shows is the name, address and credit card etc on file, but no date of birth.
does anyone know how i can get out of this fix pls? :(

or could i just leave things as they are on this paypal account, make up another one and add that one to my ebay account?

paypal are not actually limiting this account yet--theyve given me 60 days or so to provide the info, before they clamp down on it, which is good i suppose!!

pls help me, if any of you wonderful, knowledgeable people out there can!

BTW another thing im thinking about is adding a merchant account to the existing ebay accnt -- if thats possible, what would be the best merchant accnt to go for in the UK pls?

That is good information supplied. Unfortunately as far as I know, there is no way of checking the DOB on the account. It must be a security thing as mentioned from rsot.

Setting up the accounts must be done carefully and recording everything on an excel spreadsheet on simillar.

Was the PP account fully stealth? If is was 99% legit, and DOB was the only thing wrong, you could possibly just explain to them. Don't hold your breath, but if they limit you after the 60 days then you have nothing to lose.