Compare mobile dongle usability - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Laritha please can you expand on your statement above, - why "GiffGaff sux for this!..." as I mentioned I have used GiffGaff quite successfully, albeit for just one 'Stealth' account so far, but I have no reason to believe it wouldnt work for multiple accounts, I am waiting to hear what other people who are on GiffGaff's IP numbers have been if they are so limited, or are they just limited to a maximum of ten IP's per user? I dont know. But just making some blunt statement saying "GiffGaff sux..." isnt particularly helpful, know what I mean?

Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi kabataz,

Yes I have noticed the IP range is quite narrow with GiffGaff, I seem to get an IP address that ranges between:

to

but sometime I get very different ones completely at random - and the IP addresses change by the minute. What IP addresses are you getting? I dont know if Paypal would recognise that these IP addresses are being used by thousands of people and so the IP identification would be ignored in this case. Touch wood, but so far I havent experienced any problems so far.

I get exactly the same IPs with Giffgaff

Now is this really a problem? On its own, not really!!
It is well known that paypal will not limit you just by IP.
ISPs have to rotate the IPs because the IPv4 most use at the moment has limited number of available IPs and basically there are no more of them to allocate.

I'm quite sure how PP traces similar accounts.
We all know it is possible to trace the type and version of operating system and browser the users computer has. What a lot of people don't know, is that when you visit a website, that website can very easily trace what other software is installed in your computer along with its version, screen resolution, window size, current cookies, Default character set, type of CPU used, Geolocation, DNS used, browser Plugins, compare local time to system time, and a bunch of other settings.
Have a look here BrowserSpy.dk
Click on each tool to see the results and then imagine how much more PP will have in place.

PP uses all this info, along with IP, type and issuing bank of credit cards, name of bank used, products for sale etc to determine if the account is any similar with another account, or even worse if it is similar to banned accounts. After a specific percentage is reached PP system will limit your account. It is a simple game of possibilities.

This is why I like to use different computers, with different software,different time settings, and connected with a different ISP.

Scary huh?
Not really....PP can only use the above as suspicious, none of them is solid proof. Providing the correct documents should get you back in the game.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 90%

Yes its frightening the amount of seemingly innocent information that paypal etc monitor and use for their purposes of banning people who have done nothing wrong!
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 75%

why do you use various dongles/1 per account?
Would you say it's high risk to use the same dongle across multiple accounts?

thanks
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 79%

why use various dongles at all, in fact why even track i.p if using different computer user accounts to each eby/pp, No point what so ever if everyone using GG is getting the same small i.p range.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAHappyBunny View Post
why do you use various dongles/1 per account?
Would you say it's high risk to use the same dongle across multiple accounts?

thanks
Using one dongle per PP account gives you one thing less to worry about, and cannot make a mistake as easy.

I use different dongles, with different mobile networks, and I avoid disconnecting to minimize the IP changes (when I don't want them).

Multiple computers with different software installed, it is more important in my opinion than the different dongle. You just have to remember which computer to use with each PP account. I give my computers names related to a group of PP accounts, and I name the windows users after the names in the PP accounts. This way I cannot get confused

I just like to be extra careful....but as i said in my previous post, the right documents will probably get you out of trouble easy, unless you made a very big mistake and you have been linked very badly!

By the way, the narrow IP range with giffgaff, has its possitive and negative sides. You will always have the same 10 IPs, which is better than accessing one PP with 1000 different IPs. On the other hand, you will share these 10 IPs with your other PP accounts and with thousands of other people.
Old 10-31-2011

Longevity: 75%

Has anyone used their tethered cell phone as a dongle? I just got the 4s and set up "hotspot" with my ATT service so I can use the internet with my laptop, it gives me a different ip each time, but if i want multiple amazon accounts do you know if the mac changes as well?
Old 10-31-2011

Depends on phone i guess

you can change the m.a.c on my htc hd2 but couldn't on my old phone, you can also change it on the galaxy s2

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-01-2011

Longevity: 77%

Question - With these dongles would you only need 1 with ebay or 1 per account? Been stealthing on amazon lately which needs a diff dongle per account cause they can trace mac address, ebay the same?
Old 11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr2204 View Post
Question - With these dongles would you only need 1 with ebay or 1 per account? Been stealthing on amazon lately which needs a diff dongle per account cause they can trace mac address, ebay the same?

Not really , you need a different IP to each eby pp account, so if you record the i.p's from the begining then you just disconnect the dongle when changing accounts and make sure the new I.P is not in your record before you actually sign into ebay PP