Using Numerous Mobile SIMS (New Numbers) to Verify eBay via Call? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Using Numerous Mobile SIMS (New Numbers) to Verify eBay via Call?

I was trying to set up a VoIPfone account and it gives me a number but then fails any calls to it.

So I found an old Sim card, my Orange Wednesdays one in fact, never all anyone from it. I put that number in and I verified it doing that.
Is there any negatives from this I'm not seeing? I want to create a few accounts later on. I got a couple of Sims with different numbers, is there anything wrong with doing it this way?

I'll only use it once of course and get a new number.
Advantage of having an unlocked iPhone
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2011

Longevity: 80%

Personally, I don't think there are any negatives.

eBay have realised that a vast amount of people have ditched landlines, and have started allowing mobile numbers.

Of course, it could be part of the bots set up that having a mobile number attracts more risk, but as you need a landline to confirm your location in PayPal, I always use the same numbers!
Old 03-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
Personally, I don't think there are any negatives.

eBay have realised that a vast amount of people have ditched landlines, and have started allowing mobile numbers.

Of course, it could be part of the bots set up that having a mobile number attracts more risk, but as you need a landline to confirm your location in PayPal, I always use the same numbers!
Well, I've always ordered "FREE" pay as you go sim cards from online, such as o2 etc. they are really handy for things like this, they seem to work great for me.
Old 03-26-2011

Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

Even if you paid for a pay as you go sim it would only cost £1 at the most really recommend using compared to "Soho 666".

Stealth Master
Old 03-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

You can use mobile numbers, but ideally you want the number on eb to match paypal.

You can open pp with a mobile number but you cant verfiy the call from them when /if you want to lift limits - a message comes up saying no mobile numbers allowed to verify calls.

Saying that, I have had recent accounts on pp where I have not had to verify anything by phone and other recent ones where I have had to.

Anyway, you can start off with a mobile and can always change it later.

This is all from my recent experiences within the last 3 weeks.
Old 03-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_thecheekyone View Post
You can use mobile numbers, but ideally you want the number on eb to match paypal.

You can open pp with a mobile number but you cant verfiy the call from them when /if you want to lift limits - a message comes up saying no mobile numbers allowed to verify calls.

Saying that, I have had recent accounts on pp where I have not had to verify anything by phone and other recent ones where I have had to.

Anyway, you can start off with a mobile and can always change it later.

This is all from my recent experiences within the last 3 weeks.
In my experience, they only request you to verify your phone IF you have used a phone number which is currently on a limited/deleted paypal, OR if you failed to verify your address using bank card/credit card...
Old 03-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

^ not what I have found and I have opened ooer 12 ver the st few weeks and on all have verified via bank and added and condirmed card. Actually, one one of them, I did not need to confirm the card and the account was fully free but on others I had to confirm card to get limitless account.

How many you playing with?.... with me, I am banging them out like there is no tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFLICKeBay View Post
In my experience, they only request you to verify your phone IF you have used a phone number which is currently on a limited/deleted paypal, OR if you failed to verify your address using bank card/credit card...
it usually happens when you log in from a different computer.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-29-2011

Longevity: 77%

the downside to that is that if a customer tries to contact you and they can't ebay will suspend your account indicating that you've used 'false information'.. paypal will also be triggered and limit your account asking you to provide id, proof of address, etc... i've been in that boat and now only uses the virtual landlines to register both ebay and paypal
The Following User Says Thank You to ets For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (03-29-2011)