How to pay Ebay buyer-refund invoices from limited paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default How to pay Ebay buyer-refund invoices from limited paypal?

Hi Guys!

i would like to ask for your help in the following case:
My fathers got an Ebay account, where he sometimes sells some things.
I was stupid enough (before reading stealth) to list some items on his ebay account, but request the payments on my own paypal.
I had a buyer complain (due to Canada post strikes, etc...) and a buyer asked for a refund, and the Ebay paid it instead of me. (the paypal account got limited)
Now my father owe some money to ebay, but i cannot pay them since my paypal account is limited and i cant pay that ebay invoice. Also ebay threatening my father to pay that ebay invoice on my paypal or he will get banned.

any suggestions?

Thanks for your time reading me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2011

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

if the info that you used was 'real' info, then its better to pay the invoice somehow.. If not ebay will refer it to collections and then it may become worse and you'll have to pay ebay fees plus the fees for the collection agency (happened to me)

Best thing to do is to make the payments.. getting banned is one thing but it may get escalated to collections, which may be a problem..

However, i'd suggest for you to wait around for comments of more experienced members
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 78%

Just pay the fees with a gift card.

But you have more than likely killed your dads account by the sounds of it, unless he can prove you hijacked his account and even then due to family ties it may be lost.
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

No. i was selling my items on my Dads ebay, and received the payments to my paypal. And i cant pay ebay, because the paypal doesnt allow me to send any payments.There is balance on my limited paypal. We talking about like a 100$ no more

how to pay ebay then?
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 73%

Better pay or it will go on your credit report (if they have your real info.) You should be able to transfer money to Ebay. They are joined together and are usually limited to withdraws, not paying Ebay balances owed.

Does your dad have a Paypal account linked together with his Ebay account and your PP account? If so, have your dad transfer the money.

It was mentioned in the post that you can use a gift card. Never tried it but I'm sure it will work =)
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

How can i pay like this?
I only found that i logged into my PP and try to pay the invoice.
But is says i cant because im limited.
Old 08-12-2011

Get a postal order and pay it and stop messing about

Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have an account that is currently dealing with this issue of pp being limited, eb requesting refund (since they paid the buyer) - i have tried live chat in the past but i figure i have to call up eb
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I have an account that is currently dealing with this issue of pp being limited, eb requesting refund (since they paid the buyer) - i have tried live chat in the past but i figure i have to call up eb
If you figure out something please let me know
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 73%

If it goes to collections, they call it Global Collections. Once it is there, you will NOT be able to call. The collection dept. does not have contact info, so you almost have to use PP.
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

Basically if they have your real details, best to pay them off. They done it to me when I originally started out on eBay with real details.

In future, with stealth details you then have the option of what you want to do should they be unfair towards you...
Old 08-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, but still dont know how to pay them off.
Only place i can see that money is my limited paypal.
And i cant do anything from there
Old 08-13-2011

What happens when you go to your seller account option on ebay does it not still offer the one time payment option?

Why was your paypal, that you have now linked to your dads account limited?
Old 08-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
What happens when you go to your seller account option on ebay does it not still offer the one time payment option?

Why was your paypal, that you have now linked to your dads account limited?
Hi mate.

There is a one time payment option but they didnt add that ammount to my father's ebay account balance.
They sent my father a message through ebay, that he needs to pay that ammount or hes selling allovance will be limited. The only place we would be able to pay that is my paypal account. There is an invoice that i cant pay because the account is limited. However hes paying ebay fees with hes card automatically.
My paypal got limited because my ebay got suspended so i couldnt send out the items, way too much cases. They refunded everybody automatically. Dont know why that transaction stuck. There is balance on that paypal. just cant pay off 3-4 transactions to ebay.
Old 08-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Pay the fees via a card.

Any transactions that have been refunded, cancel them and have the fees credit back to the account. If you can that is, I never read the whole thread, too messy. Stop using peoples details and try stealth.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-13-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2011

Just press the one time payment option, get the amount and the account reference, go to the post office, get a postal order, write a little note, put it in an envelope, address it to the address in Worthing, put a stamp on the envelope, put it in the post box and then forget about it.

Spoon feeding is now finished for today - back to grumpy old tart!

Old 08-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Postal order is so old skool lol, I know eBay accept them but why not just go for paying fees by a card.

Pavlovian conditioning GT
Old 08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilade View Post
Hi mate.

There is a one time payment option but they didnt add that ammount to my father's ebay account balance.
They sent my father a message through ebay, that he needs to pay that ammount or hes selling allovance will be limited. The only place we would be able to pay that is my paypal account. There is an invoice that i cant pay because the account is limited. However hes paying ebay fees with hes card automatically.
My paypal got limited because my ebay got suspended so i couldnt send out the items, way too much cases. They refunded everybody automatically. Dont know why that transaction stuck. There is balance on that paypal. just cant pay off 3-4 transactions to ebay.
Do you have funds in paypal?
Old 08-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do you have funds in paypal?
Yes i have. But they dont cant take it off from my PP account because its limited. still dont understand how the ebay will know if i make a one-time payment that i paid that invoice. They gonna think im paying my ebay fees. Coz that ammount doesnt show up in the "ebay account fee balance"
Old 08-14-2011

You can go through paypal help and send them a contact us message to refund so maybe if you contact them, then they will pay ebay from those funds.
If you check your emails from paypal about being limited it will have something about refunding buyers in there, and that is the form you may have to use, as that is the only one I have seen that allows money out.

You may just have to contact ebay and ask them to add it to fees, then you just make a one time payment with an unused card or gift card or explain to you how to pay it if they can't do that.

When they explain this system ebay say the debt will be added to ebay fees, so you may just have to ask if it will be added at the end of the month.

But I suspect you have messed up your dads account, and the next time he goes to list anything, that account will be closed.
Old 08-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You can go through paypal help and send them a contact us message to refund so maybe if you contact them, then they will pay ebay from those funds.
If you check your emails from paypal about being limited it will have something about refunding buyers in there, and that is the form you may have to use, as that is the only one I have seen that allows money out.

You may just have to contact ebay and ask them to add it to fees, then you just make a one time payment with an unused card or gift card or explain to you how to pay it if they can't do that.

When they explain this system ebay say the debt will be added to ebay fees, so you may just have to ask if it will be added at the end of the month.

But I suspect you have messed up your dads account, and the next time he goes to list anything, that account will be closed.
Yeah i think so too :(
Old 08-14-2011

when you make a one time payment can't you change the amount? I'm sure you can.

If so make the payment through that with new card or gift card, with whatever fees you have left to pay and then just message to confirm that it is paid and make sure you get a reply to confirm.

Possibly the best option as then at least your dad can go back to the account in a month or so and claim he was away and someone was using his account without permission.
Probably not get the account back but may be worth a try.