MC081 Notification of Limited Account Access‏ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default MC081 Notification of Limited Account Access‏

Greetings!

Yesterday I received the following message from ebay:

Quote:
Dear ******* (*********@hotmail.co.uk),

We have limited your eBay account as a precaution because our review of your account has identified an issue regarding its safe use.

As part of our efforts to provide a safe and secure environment for the online community, we regularly screen account activity. We never share exactly what gave us reason to place limitations on an account as this information could assist an individual, who may present a safety risk, avoid such limitations.

Please understand we're not accusing you of dishonest behaviour. Our top priority is to keep our online community safe, which is why we'd like to ask you for some further information.

If, once we review your further information, we're confident that the use of your account does not present a safety risk to our service and customers, we'll be happy to reinstate your account.

Here's what you need to do to resolve the limitations:

1. Log into your PayPal account.
2. Click on the 'Account' tab.
3. Click on the sub-tab 'Resolution Centre'.
4. Go to the 'Action' column.
5. Click on the 'Resolve' button to view the requirements and follow the instructions provided.

After we have gathered the necessary information, we'll review your account and notify you by email of our decision.

Please note that any selling fees owed to eBay may become due and payable

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:

Suspended accounts

We thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
The problem is my PayPal account has been limited and after supplying PayPal with all the necessary documentation I got an email back saying appeal denied!

Does this mean it's the end for both accounts AND the death of my 3 other eBay accounts which have similar details to the suspended ones?

Also I have two new disputes which were opened AFTER PayPal had limited my account. In other words, customers only started complaining because of the actions of PayPal and eBay. Is it worth discussing this with a lawyer or am I wasting my time/money?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

How many ebay / paypal disputes did you have open when you got suspended on ebay?

Whether we like it or not, paypal and ebay are both linked to eachother so if your paypal account is limited ( in this case) so will your ebay account
(in this case)

If you have already appealed your paypal limitation and you logon to paypal and have a look at the reolution centre,
If it says 'this limitation cannot be appealed' then your paypal account is closed for sure!

If you have submitted documents already and you are still being refused then the only other way i know, is you can contact them to review your information again.

Your other ebay accounts will only be closed if your information is the same and/or you have logged into all 3 account from the same IP and computer address.

I have logged into my mothers ebay account before my original ebay account was closed and when it got closed, they only reduced her selling limits for 90 days because there was not a positive link between us.
Old 10-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

I too have had a few MC081 notifications from eBay.

They ask for bullsh*t to be sent to them, but it will be a waste of time. They have knowledge or a reason why they shut your eBay account and hide behind the MC081 just to tempt you to waste more of your time and energy giving them information which is pointless.

As Bunneh says also, the PP will go down probably.

Appeal denied basically is the end and it will be more time wasted getting lawyers in. It is up to you though...

Good luck and don't forget to fight back by getting more accounts (stealth style) and making big bucks.
Old 10-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

not true - these can sometimes be passed. often it is listing too quick or inactive accs then a list that triggers them.......
Old 10-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Definitely jumping to conclusion too fast - listen to oompa and read around
Old 10-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what I was saying to bunneh was that they are definately worth sending the stuff in to hopefully lift it.

However OP says they submitted and paypal denied it...so that means the paypal is gone and the ebay is useless even if it remains standing, due to the link. It can be kept for buying though. Is it worth appealing or seeing a lawyer, almost certainly not ...

.....I hope that the other accounts are not linked somehow. Similar details may be ok, depends, but its an actual concrete link like cookies etc that wil finish them.....time will tell
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

ive had this numerous times...more than 5 and the independent variable in my case was to do with listing too quickly. i listed non vero items before anybody asks ;-)
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameR.78 View Post
The problem is my PayPal account has been limited and after supplying PayPal with all the necessary documentation I got an email back saying appeal denied!

Does this mean it's the end for both accounts AND the death of my 3 other eBay accounts which have similar details to the suspended ones?

Also I have two new disputes which were opened AFTER PayPal had limited my account. In other words, customers only started complaining because of the actions of PayPal and eBay. Is it worth discussing this with a lawyer or am I wasting my time/money?
Basically eBay want you to resolve the limitation on your PayPal account before they will reconsider reinstating your eBay account. Seeing as PayPal denied your appeal, it is best to phone them up and find out what the problem is.

As for the disputes, try contacting the buyers and explain what is going on. Have you already dispatched the items to them?
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Basically eBay want you to resolve the limitation on your PayPal account before they will reconsider reinstating your eBay account. Seeing as PayPal denied your appeal, it is best to phone them up and find out what the problem is.

As for the disputes, try contacting the buyers and explain what is going on. Have you already dispatched the items to them?
FYI, the OP hasn't been on the forum since Dec 2011.
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
Oops, forgot to check the date! Silly me :>
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
Doesn't really matter - this thread and all other threads are useful for future stealthers.

Just because Einstein isn't around anymore doesn't mean to say his literature is less useful.
Old 04-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
Doesn't really matter - this thread and all other threads are useful for future stealthers.

Just because Einstein isn't around anymore doesn't mean to say his literature is less useful.
Well, I thought it might matter since he was asking the OP a question. Sorry.