Businees or Private account for Stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Businees or Private account for Stealth

I have my first stealth acc after PP closed my business account.

My question is should I change it to a business account or leave it as a private account I was selling 80-100 items per month (used collectables)

I also have a business bank account not linked to PP Ebay so would this work ok if I leave it as a private acc.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

only change to a business if you really need to

100 items a month will be your allowance anyways right?

so really that aint no problem

by the sounds of things you will need to send in relevant documents/ID to lift the £1900 receiving limit

PM me dave,i have an idea which could save you a few
Old 01-22-2012

Longevity: 76%

I stand alone in that I suggest business accounts every time - gets around a lot of problems but need to be constructed properly from the get go
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-04-2012)
Old 01-22-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

GT knows what shes talking about
Old 01-24-2012

Longevity: 85%

On my business accounts they are asking for info about my business to lift the initial limit. Once I submit this will they ask for docs? If yes, what docs are necessary? Sould I just downgrade to premier?

Thanks all
Old 01-24-2012

Longevity: 76%

Give them what they want

If they ask for docs give them - or talk to someone on here by PM

Don't downgrade
Old 02-02-2012

Once im up and running for quite a while im going to aim towards a business account. Has anyone had any experience with opening a shop or is that something that isnt really advised.
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapclap View Post
Once im up and running for quite a while im going to aim towards a business account. Has anyone had any experience with opening a shop or is that something that isnt really advised.

Makes no odds really it will not stop them pulling the plug on you in future even if you have an e/b shop.

There are dozens of long standing e/b trs sellers on here who were given the heave ho (me included on an 8 year old account). It will not give you immunity.
Old 02-03-2012

Im not saying it will stop me getting restricted ect im saying that my aim is to have a shop to able me to have all the perks that come with it.

I fully understand that no one is safe on EB no matter who you are.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapclap View Post
Im not saying it will stop me getting restricted ect im saying that my aim is to have a shop to able me to have all the perks that come with it.

I fully understand that no one is safe on EB no matter who you are.
Not really too sure what the perks of having a shop on e/b are to be honest.

Your average e/b er doesn't usually visit a sellers shop that often (from my own personal experience of having one in the past) and seem to prefer the standard listing pages. There is no 'brand' loyalty with e/b buyers in the main they are fickle and only want to but at the lowest price usually.

I always find that if a buyer likes your goods and they get good service then they will add you to their favourites.

The only winner from having an e/b shop is as you can probably guess is e/b themselves. The additional discounts etc are usually offset by charges elsewhere. The PS programme is a joke since the introduction of DSR ratings which as we all know can cripple your account for seemingly minor infringements of their selling policies.

There probably isn't a major corporation in the world who has customer complaints under 0.5% of their transactions as e/b expect their sellers to.

Absolutely farcical, and the only reason it is that way is so that e/b can give fewer FVF discounts and bank bigger profits.

Give them only what you need to when it comes to fees, in the long run buyers don't care a hoot if you have a shop or not.

Rant Over
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

my only upside to business acc is that you can have a unit address, and therefore you do not need to worry about banned home addresses etc or trying to find a resifential one. I am not saying you need a bricks and mortar unit, but a virtual address that you actually own and have access to, can accept returns etc
Old 02-03-2012

You make some very valid points and one of the positives i found was if buyers see you have a shop they tend to browse which has resulted in increased sales (from personal experience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Not really too sure what the perks of having a shop on e/b are to be honest.

Your average e/b er doesn't usually visit a sellers shop that often (from my own personal experience of having one in the past) and seem to prefer the standard listing pages. There is no 'brand' loyalty with e/b buyers in the main they are fickle and only want to but at the lowest price usually.

I always find that if a buyer likes your goods and they get good service then they will add you to their favourites.

The only winner from having an e/b shop is as you can probably guess is e/b themselves. The additional discounts etc are usually offset by charges elsewhere. The PS programme is a joke since the introduction of DSR ratings which as we all know can cripple your account for seemingly minor infringements of their selling policies.

There probably isn't a major corporation in the world who has customer complaints under 0.5% of their transactions as e/b expect their sellers to.

Absolutely farcical, and the only reason it is that way is so that e/b can give fewer FVF discounts and bank bigger profits.

Give them only what you need to when it comes to fees, in the long run buyers don't care a hoot if you have a shop or not.

Rant Over
Old 02-03-2012
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Not always , some buyer are just lazzzzzy
Old 02-04-2012

Longevity: 77%

I found that when I had a shop my traffic increased three fold because of this.

Possibly, some buyers dont bother looking but I have noticed buyers who do browse even if you dont have a shop this has shown in my sales !
Old 02-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
I found that when I had a shop my traffic increased three fold because of this.

Possibly, some buyers dont bother looking but I have noticed buyers who do browse even if you dont have a shop this has shown in my sales !
You say when you had a shop, do you not have one now?
Old 02-04-2012

Longevity: 73%

Well from a buyer point of view as I do buy alot of electronics. If I find a good product for a good price or if I lose the bid then I look at the sellers store/listings to see what else they are selling.
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 79%

of course there are advantages to having a shop, namely reduced listing fee's, the 30 until cancelled, having a shop you can mange you own key word/phases, you get an URL that you can use in tools like IBP pro to drive sales from out side ebay, it also gives you presence.

Obviously you would want to be clear of all selling limits and wanting to trade in high volume otherwise it could hinder your progress.

No point having a shop really if have ten things in it.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 02-05-2012 at 05:05 AM.