Help needed with limits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-16-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Help needed with limits

Hi everyone;

I have just joined the forum and wondered from experienced folks for a bit of advice.

My ebay and paypal account is genuine and registered as business fully verified. Not stealth accounts all verified fully.

I had limits when i opened account 10 items a month etc... but when i converted my account to business and verified and also verified my paypal and turned that into business account also immediately it made my listing limits 100 items per month and £3500 limit.

Now i list some items and i receive this alert;

Alert
You’ve reached your listing allowance and can’t list any more of this type of item in Clothing, Shoes and Accessories for the moment.

You can list up to 5 top fashion brands in each 30 consecutive day period. You may list an additional 5 top fashion brands in the next 30 day period. Learn more about listing allowances.

To talk to us about your selling goals and listing allowances, please call us between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank holidays).

I have got a few questions about this;

Whats the way getting round this if theres any?

If i register myself with VAT number would that make any difference?

If i change my business to Limited Company would that remove the limits?

Phoning up ebay would resolve it? What would they ask and how to handle telephone conversation?

I really appreciate if any of you help with your experience and show me the path to follow.

PS: I was trading on Ebay until 5-6 years go and i had over 60k positive feedbacks when they closed all my accounts since then i just opened first time new account with new bank account, address etc...

Look forward to hear from someone.

Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2012

Longevity: 79%

Hello,

It's a new account and new accounts will have selling limits on certain categories (clothing is known for having limits for new accounts) especially if they are branded products, even if you are given 100 selling limit a month.

You have to establish yourself by hitting your 100 limit every month or 3.5k what ever comes first, good ratings, minimal cases against you - send your items fast.

Try not to deal with brand name products at the start - perhaps start off with household things which you no longer need nomore - eBay will presume your a new guy, also buy stuff aswell, add items on to your watch list, browse ect ect - take it slow.

Once you have an established selling history - they may start lifting selling limits on certain categories as well as the 100 limit.

In the meantime i'd make more stealths accounts if you want more sales because theres no way around the limits.
Old 04-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply. My listing limit is 100 items but i only sell on same category which they put 5 a month limit on that category now as well which i cant make my 100 listing items in no way anyway.

If i open a limited company with vat registration etc... Would that help for ebay to remove this category limit at all? 100 item listing is enought for me in 30 days but category limit is really not good.

If i phone ebay now and ask for advice etc... what would they ask and how to remove this category listing limit? I cant do stealth accounts incase they limit the account and i be losing goods and the money.

Regards
Old 04-17-2012

Theres no way around the category limits unfortunately.

I really doubt opening a limited company with vat even will help - because ebay works on trust and selling history for new people no matter who you are.

I suppose you could call e/b for further advise, you got a phone number to call them on which is not banned? i'm not sure what more they could tell you though, maybe not worth calling them.

Wait it out don't do nothing just yet and see what other members on the forum have to say some may have similar stories to you.
Old 04-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Calling them this early on a new account to raise category limits will only result in a request for everything but the kitchen sink (ID, proof of address, invoices, proof that the items are in your possession etc)

Best to wait it out as suggested already
Old 04-17-2012

Don't put all your eggs in one basket aswell bro, i still recomend you make more stealth accounts as long they are ran correctly you will be fine - you shouldn't fear being linked.

With that said - why not look into Amazon as an alternative aswell?
Old 04-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much for helps. I do understand where you all coming from. I only sell goods that are in stock, can do the invoices no problem and already my account id verified. I have already sent my id documents etc.. to them before started selling. But honestly 5 a month listings i have already finished in 1 days :( 5 a month limit on category 4-5 months its waste of time. I cant open stealth accounts i did it before and all got found out 1 way to another and sinked 5-6 years ago ebay pulled my account down over 60.000 feedbacks suddenly. I just dont know how to get round this Regards
Old 04-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Thankful i sell very very high quality branded menswear but not cheap chinese copies and still amazon is not very good for selling branded clothing as far as i have tried not many buyers as many as ebay etc...

Regards
Old 04-17-2012

Longevity: 70%

Hi welcome to the forums, your story does sound pretty much like mine when i started this account back in sept 2011, i had a lot of branded items i wanted to sell but used to get the frustrated 5 per month limit, i have a semi stealth account(in my sons name) i phoned them, i explained my situation and what items i was looking to list blah blah blah, they said to me after i have had two feedbacks back from items(branded fashion) i'd sold then they would lift the restriction, when i got 2 feedbacks and phoned them again and there and then they removed the limitation straight away, all they will ask are the usual, address, eb login name, DOB, telephone no, nothing that should concern you if you're not using any stealth details..

A lot of people are hesitant to phone them, i have phoned them every month now to raise my selling limits and today they have set it at a level i hope i never get to achieve :D i would never have any spare time if i was selling that much!!

Anyway it's your choice and i hope i have helped
Old 04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhitchy View Post
have phoned them every month now to raise my selling limits and today they have set it at a level i hope i never get to achieve
What limits we talking here? 1000 items a month? no limit?
Old 04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful View Post
What limits we talking here? 1000 items a month? no limit?
A 1000 a month is far & away enough for me thanks :D i have a fantastic sale through rate and the items i sell are not poundland items so shouldn't take long to make the £7.5k every month with less then 500 items really
Old 04-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhitchy View Post
Hi welcome to the forums, your story does sound pretty much like mine when i started this account back in sept 2011, i had a lot of branded items i wanted to sell but used to get the frustrated 5 per month limit, i have a semi stealth account(in my sons name) i phoned them, i explained my situation and what items i was looking to list blah blah blah, they said to me after i have had two feedbacks back from items(branded fashion) i'd sold then they would lift the restriction, when i got 2 feedbacks and phoned them again and there and then they removed the limitation straight away, all they will ask are the usual, address, eb login name, DOB, telephone no, nothing that should concern you if you're not using any stealth details..

A lot of people are hesitant to phone them, i have phoned them every month now to raise my selling limits and today they have set it at a level i hope i never get to achieve :D i would never have any spare time if i was selling that much!!

Anyway it's your choice and i hope i have helped
Its my genuine real account i dont have any ebay accounts at the moment to use in any different way and i already sold 9 items past 2 days and post them immediately via recorded delivery and international signed for delivery. 1 buyer received but not left feedback despite that i sent notes with the packages saying thanks bla bla lol If i get feedbacks of these people wouldnt they remove the limits automatically? Do i have to phone them up all the time? Would they ask for invoices for the goods i sell whether they bought from authorised resellers etc...? Please enlighten me little bit.

On ebay feedback receiving ratio is 1/3 approx. so 3 sales = 1 feedback and if i do 5 sale a month that makes 2 feedbacks barely lol it just funny how come someone from China list as many as they want where we cant...
Old 04-18-2012

It was my own personal choice to phone them to raise the limits all the time, i'm sure they will raise your limits eventually, but i would doubt they would do it straight off the bat just after a few sales.

the reason you have limits in the branded section is to check that you're not selling phakes. i'm not sure whether they will ask for supplier info, i suppose it all depends what your selling and if you did phone them up.

i think they gauge from what you're telling them and make the assessment from that, look if you're using all the right details, not selling phakes phone them up, you've got nothing to lose eh.

also in my experience asking for feedback is a nightmare, as you will undoubtedly under-whelm someone, the key is to make sure you thank them personally for buying and be really fast in delivery and generally ass kiss in the communication way, i suppose my feedback is about 75% so is def working
Old 04-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Would not suggest phoning for an increase given you are selling in a category where you now are restricted.

Your safer approach would be to gain more sales over a longer period.

You have to prove to ebay you are maintaining a 'sound' account.

Make ebay panic & you were be curtailed.

Sorry you should learn patience
Old 04-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all great information so far. So how long should i wait before i ask them to higher my limit or if they do make my limit higher how long would that take? If im restricted to 5 items a month and everyone dont leave feedback so in this case i be getting a few feedbacks a month will this help ebay to see that im doing everything right?

Regards
Old 04-18-2012

It comes down to patience at the end of the day - no one can tell you how long it will take for them to increase.

Start to focus on your account put the work in and you will be rewarded in time - there is no set date given to anyone.

I'll say what i said before work on other accounts too, you will find yourself with a better chance of getting the limit lifted on at least one account quicker than another acccount.

No shortcuts these days - put in the work!

Old 04-19-2012

Longevity: 72%

i had the 5 items restrictions on clothing (its only on certain brands) took 3 months for them to lift the 5 branded items, however the 100 total items limit still stayed.
Old 04-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Was this a business account?

They usually have higher category limits from the outset.

Also just to add the 'branded' item limit usually only applies to new items. Thinking outside the box can get around this.
Old 04-20-2012

yes it was a business account from the off.

the limit is lifted now, but it did take the full 3 months
Old 04-20-2012
Threadstarter  

Did you contact ebay at all Geof or did they just remove the limits graduatelly?

Regards
Old 04-21-2012

no, they removed them gradually
Old 04-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi everyone;

Quick update. I have just phoned ebay and acted like i dont know anything about limits and asked them to how to remove them. Told them that im a business seller and i cant only sell anything i can only sell what my business is related too and they have limited me on this category to 5 items a month. Ebay worker advised me to wait 90 days (2 months left apparently) and limits will be off automatically she said and that she cant do anything else right now ( I have 9 sales no complains but only received 2 feedbacks out of them so far). I just dont know how did you guys got them lifted. It just sounds like depending on the person who is on the other side of the phone i reckon.

Regards