if cases are not your fault do this - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default if cases are not your fault do this

I have had a lot of customers open cases when the reason had nothing to do as not as described, even cases where they had opened not received, you can call ebay and have these removed which will improve your defect rate. Every little counts.

I did this the other day and had 20 or more so cases removed.

Not many people have the guts to call ebay when they are doing stealth but there is nothing to worry about just keep cool and do not call them using a banned number (to be on the safe side) and give them the correct stealth details if they ask for it.

In many ways ebay can be quite helpful towards sellers, i have been building up a relationship with one of there employees so if i get issues i can call them up, i called originally for my concern about projected rating went below standard and looked into the reasons why and expressed my feelings as i wanted to achieve top rated they were more than willing to help.

Anyway just thought i'd share this... as i am kinda bored atmo.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: if cases are not your fault do this

Thanks for the post deebee - experiences always welcomed
Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 56%

Yes I do this now, just use the live help and ask to get through to the feedback forum.

If you have done everything right (there are steps you have to make sure you have done to meet their 'criteria for feedback removal' and the buyer is blatantly being a tool, they will remove it.

It actually saved my previous account many times when competitors bought items and left me bad feedback to try and ruin me! Ah the joys of ebay.
Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 74%

eB can be helpful they it won't but most of the time you get some one on the phone who has no idea that they doping or barely speaks english and you have to spellout every word and then they still mess something up!
Old 09-24-2014

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

I did that the other day when one of my customers said they mistakenly opened the case -ebay saw the message and removed the case from my defect rate.

Under the old ebay seller dashboard I wouldn't have bothered but under the new metrics just a few cases can be the difference between having your account limited or being a top rated seller.
Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 86%

I had one nomark open a case for a tracked item that is still in transit because she did not realise she had bought something from the UK! Now the item is showing as arrived, the buyer has left positive feedback saying how I "responded immediately to her concerns" but I still have a defect. I assumed it would drop off when the case closed.
Old 09-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

I really think they should change the defect rate on various categories, for instance, in electronics there are always going to be a certain percentage of faulty goods you just can not get around it, there's where my problem is, but then for other things like jewelry i know people that hardly get an cases open and and easily achieve top rated.

I have noticed other people in electronics that sell other items just to get more transactions and dilute the defect rate i am looking at adopting this approach even if i dont make much money on them.

But still people has been opening cases just to ask simple silly questions and it's things like that that can really bother you as a seller... but recently they have added a few changes to prevent this and seems to be working so far.