Detailed Seller Ratings- What is that about?! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 08-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

You are getting angry with the wrong people and it is funny how you keep unknowingly answering your own questions. An example of that is I never leave DSRs, then later you say you did not understand it was something you had to do. Then go on about the lack of info from ebay for you and others of their importance.

Like I say you answered your own question but you seem to have missed all the changes, the boycotts, and all the struggles people have gone through to understand the mess that is now ebay, even more so for those like you that sell unique goods.

First thing to learn is -- The ebay system is no longer designed for you and the stuff you sell, and if you use auctions, for the way you sell.

Second thing is -- Only the big companies benefit from DSRs. The small to medium seller is always going to struggle, because as you say most buyers do not use feedback and only a small percentage of those use the star system. Most if they have a complaint. So all those complaints look a lot greater than they are.

Third and last thing and you have so much more to learn but....

You need to stop using that account now, at least for a year, or until that neg feedback is no longer a hit and your DSRs clean themselves.

You should be aiming for at least five accounts if you know how to work the system ten accounts if you use auctions and/or if you sell unique goods.

Basically the more the better, as you improve you can use multiple accounts on one paypal but by what you have said, you have a lot to learn before that.

Final point... there are a few on here will take a dig at new users stupidity, ignore it as we were all stupid to start with and generally there is some wisdom in their digs.

This place should have as its mantra "You are no longer the victim , as you are here to take control."

Good Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (08-01-2011), GTB (08-01-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,950 Times in 8,241 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Cool the account on the big sales - sell low end stuff to boost your DSRs and HOPE your account will last long enough to get the ratings up - in the meantime, build stealth accounts and away you go.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (08-01-2011)
Old 08-01-2011

Yup, the old account is just an anchor really. It might have sentimental value and be a reminder of days past, that the OP pines for.

Once you get past that it's a account with 96% FB and horrible DSR's. The DSR's will fix themselves after a year, but the NFB isn't going to become invisible.
Old 08-01-2011

NFB is still visible but it does not hurt your account standing after a year and the DSRs only run on six month cycles the last I checked.

If you have hits on your account from buyer complaints, I think they last a year.

But the point for this seller is his account is not selling enough to survive on its own and he needs to be able to rotate accounts if he wants to stay on ebay.

It is a pain but in a year or two you will have ten accounts that are maturing nicely.
Old 08-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Well thanks for the advice everyone, I still dont understand the meaning of the numbers on my seller dashboard with regards to the DSR's. Also I am not a new seller, I have been using eBay under various guises since the late 1990s too but I have never really committed to selling on eBay to make a living full-time.

I am now looking into doing this so I am going to get busy setting up some more accounts, but I find that its confusing keeping up with the amount of information I have to deal with just for this account! I do keep an Excel data sheet where I save details of everything from passwords to virtual credit card numbers etc, but I would be really paranoid that if I start opening multiple accounts I could end up ruining my active account.

I have only had this current 'stealth' account for a matter of about 6 months so it doesnt have any sentimental attachment for me, but it does work and I wouldnt want to end up with no account and no way of selling my wares other than at the car boot sale where I bought most of them, and I would be having to sell items I paid 50 pence for, that would sell on eBay for £5 for 50 pence or less at the car boot sale.

But seriously I havent really noticed that having 96.6% positive feedback and 1-2 negative comments has really affected the prices my items sell for. I know something like that wouldnt deter me from buying from an ebay seller, but maybe thats just me. I feel that I get better prices than average for my items due to the way I present my items with several full size photos that I host on my own webspace so I dont have to pay 50 pence per image, and I also write a bit more in my description than most people do and I am often surprised that out of similar items that have sold in the last 30 day period I usually have a record high price...

Ho-hum it looks like I am going to have to resort to reselling mobile phone covers and ipod chargers if I want to make any real money as selling antiques and collectables is too unpredictable and fraught with problems relating to buyers not likeing the condition or the colour of the bubblewrap I used etc.

Cheers folks and happy trading!

Johnny
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Until you figure out the DSR's in detail selling those things are going to be worse for you. Figure out what you are doing wrong first. Then go on with plans. Until you get into the new mindset of how you have to sell now you are going to be wasting your time.
Old 08-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, I know where I am going wrong, I am trying to operate like a normal person on a website that is run by and used by knob jockeys of the highest order! I am just gonna keep selling until they ban me,
Old 08-03-2011

Not sure what part of the DSRs you are stuck on?

The DSRs are actually quite simple but do have the complex side if you want to try to work out the ratios.

The way they work is if a buyer leaves you any one's or two's for any of those stars then it is a strike on your accounts DSRs.
The complicated part is down to the fact that how many you can have to cause you problems is dependent on how much you sell. So a small seller like yourself who sells only sixty a month will only be allowed a few where a big seller is allowed one hell of a lot.

Sorry can't be more specific, as the amount you are allowed to get before problems start keeps changing, so ebay get the desired effect.

They only last for six month but that is a double edged sword as the good ones drop off the end as well as the bad ones, which is why a lot of sellers will say start selling easy ship low cost items to clean it rather than to move to a new account, as if for some reason you hit a bad patch like a postal strike or illness then the good DSRs up to that point will drop off and leave only the bad and as it is based on percentages then you could look like a real bad seller.

Ebay assess them every three month so if you did have that bad hit period then you would have time in most cases. But for most people the bad DSRs are spread out so simply moving on to the new account will save the account.

And buyers do not really check feedback so I suppose ebay have decided to do it for them, or that is what they will claim.

And if you think this one is bad, when they first introduced the DSRs they were a lot worse, as anything under five was bad for your account but that was causing problems for big sellers so they changed it to the one we have now.
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

I am a victim of eBays latest attempt to alienate its sellers, the quip I made was a joke,.

The point I have been trying to make all along that has got a bit forgotten about in the length of this thread is that I have poor DSR's despite that fact I certainly havent 'scammed' or ripped off anyone, far from it, I always post things out on time and charge cheaper postage than most other people do, god I see people putting like £5 postage on a flash drive keyring thing that could be posted for not much more than a first class stamp yet they have all positive feedbacks!

What I am trying to say is with ebay its got so that you cant do right for doing wrong nowadays. And on the other hand when I did buy something on ebay - one of those multi-function inkjet printer / copier / fax / scanners it turned up with a blatent fault even though it was sold as full working order, the seller tried bulls**ting me that Royal Mail must have 'left the parcel in the sun'!!! So when I demanded that he refund my money both for the item, and the cost of returning it - cost me nearly a tenner, otherwise I would have no choice but to leave negative feedback, he reported me to ebay saying that I had blackmailed him with negative feedback and they believed him!

See what I mean, you cant win either way, and last week I sold 33 DVD movies that sold for £7.95, most were only a couple of years old, and in their original cases, well the guy who bought them had really got a bargain, I think he is someone who sells DVDs himself as I noticed in his feedback he had bought a lot of job lots of DVDs, now in my auction description I said that the delivery time would be 6 working days as it was a large package that I arranged a courier delivery for as I charged £4.95 postage, Royal Mail / Parcelfarce were going to charge me over £8 for this, so I used this Collect+ company who did it for £4.99, however I sent the parcel and it turns out that its now 1 day over the 6 WORKING DAYS that I said delivery would take, it should be there either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Anyway earlier on this afternoon I receive an email from eBay stating that the buyer of my bargain DVD job lot has only gone and opened a case stating 'Item not delivered' or something, even though its only a day overdue, and I emailed him only day before yesterday to let him know his parcel ought to be reaching him the next day - on time!! Yet he has INSTANTLY gone and contacted ebay to report me as not supplying the item he bought!!! WHAT A JOKE !!! And that is the kind of crap that will mean I get suspended again, or banned even, you can bet your life by this time tomorrow the guy will probably have received his DVDs and left me NEGATIVE feedback!!

Who are this idiots that get a great deal, and just cos it arrives a day later than expected they start spitting the dummy out, and instead of communicating with me, they go straight to ebays crying and telling tales of drunkeness and cruelty!!!! I would never do this to another ebay seller who I was buying something from, I mean yeah, if it was over a week late I might send the seller a message asking what was going on and where my item was, but I wouldnt go straight to eBay howling for their blood!!! FFS!!! I am going grey from the bleeding stress all this petty bollocks is causing me!!!

regards

Johnny
Old 08-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

6 working days for a parcel,where was you posting it to,japan???

WAY TOO LONG

doesent matter if you state that it will be six days or not

buyers are impatient

if you are going to succeed on eb you are going to have to get items out the next day

honestly mate,if that was me,i would of booked the parcel to be collected next day and it would of been delivered the next day or day after

it is down to you to provide a sterling service where the buyer thinks "you know...this buyer has tried his best to get this to me asap and i perfect condition

it does seem like the low dispatch dsr`s may be justified TBH
Old 08-03-2011
Threadstarter  

well thanks for the input Mr GTB, but this is just another example of hypocrisy on ebays part, first of all we can get bad DSR's over how much we charge for postage and packaging, well, I opted to offer postage and packaging of £4.95 for this parcel which was nearly half the price that royal mail standard parcels or first class delivery was going to cost, yes this would have been slightly quicker, but then I could have got bad DSR mark for 'overcharging' on delivery. So I opted to use this Collect+ courier firm who charged me £4.99 but their deliveries take anything from 3-5 WORKING DAYS, so I could hardly say to the buyer that delivery would be any time less than that otherwise I would be creating a problem for myself there. Anyway I regularly buy items, much smaller than this where the sellers say 4-5 working days, for some poxy PS2 control pad! So what can I do? Its a catch 22 situation, you are damned if you do one thing, and damned if you dont etc. I couldnt arrange to have the parcel collected the next day as the next day was a saturday when there werent any collections. Its just incredible how petty people are getting on ebay, and I know for a fact that there are people who use ebay more as a way to sniff out and create conflict between themselves and the seller / buyer over the most ridiculous things, these are pathetic characters whos everyday lives are so meaningless that getting into a dispute over some trivial matter on ebay becomes the highlight of their life! and I am not exaggerating, most of the people who use this forum will have fallen foul of these cretins which is why we have ended up in here having to dodge ebays legitimate means of trading by assuming pseudonyms and becoming experts in committing fraud and jumping through loopholes in ebay / paypals system to get a stealth account or ten. Why are people who are replying to my thread even sympatising with these morons who cause all the problems?! I think the vast majority of people who buy on ebay are sound and are perfectly happy with their purchases judging by the positive feedback comments they leave and the email communication I receive, but its the minority of arse bandits who screw it up for everyone and it really irks me - as you have probably guessed by now!

cheers!

Johnny
Old 08-03-2011

That is odd, this is showing a page two but there isn't one.

Now you have that buyer complaint you have to open a new account, as that added to your DSRs and your bad FB means it is only a matter of time.

Hey now there is a page two
Old 08-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

This thread is getting somewhat comical to keep an eye on now. lol Anyone else check to see the new rants each day???
Old 08-03-2011

I just try and ignore them and try pick out the problems to answer.

Life is too short to argue with strangers.
Old 08-03-2011

Longevity: 76%

Ha ha.... its the UK section.... we do love a good rant us in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
This thread is getting somewhat comical to keep an eye on now. lol Anyone else check to see the new rants each day???
Old 08-04-2011

we all like a from time to time

we should make this the official rant thread

make it a sticky and if anyone needs to get something of their chest,you post it here

only jokin of course
Old 08-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, of course this is all a bit tongue in cheek of course, please take everything I say with a liberal dose of salt - its not really my intention to offend anyone, I am here for the valuable advice that people exchange on here and I am enormously grateful for the help and advice people have offered me.

The case regarding the dvds that my buyer opened yesterday has now been closed and the buyer has left me very positive feedback and sent me an email to say thanks so I am hoping this wont be too much of a black mark against my account, I am also in the process of setting up some new accounts as I am 'sailing a bit close to the wind' operating with just this one account, and if I do get suspended out of the blue then I dont want to be having to spend days waiting for bank accounts to be set up / paypal verify my accounts etc before I can start selling again. Anyway keep the comments coming, like the previous posters have said this post is turning into quite an epic odessey!

Johnny
Old 08-04-2011

In reading through all your post, it's a bit hard to figure out what is tounge in check and what isn't.

I think the point has been explained to death about the problems with your selling methods.

What I think you are correct about and is a big issue for you and others, is the items you are selling are a big hassle to sell on E-Bay. Even if you did everything perfect on your end, you will still have problems with what you are selling.

So if you want to continue selling the same items you are selling, E-Bay is the wrong venue. If you want to continue to sell on E-Bay,you will need to find different items to sell and change you selling practices too. Other than that, everything is great.
Old 08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Yes, of course this is all a bit tongue in cheek of course, please take everything I say with a liberal dose of salt - its not really my intention to offend anyone, I am here for the valuable advice that people exchange on here and I am enormously grateful for the help and advice people have offered me.

The case regarding the dvds that my buyer opened yesterday has now been closed and the buyer has left me very positive feedback and sent me an email to say thanks so I am hoping this wont be too much of a black mark against my account, I am also in the process of setting up some new accounts as I am 'sailing a bit close to the wind' operating with just this one account, and if I do get suspended out of the blue then I dont want to be having to spend days waiting for bank accounts to be set up / paypal verify my accounts etc before I can start selling again. Anyway keep the comments coming, like the previous posters have said this post is turning into quite an epic odessey!

Johnny

Check your seller dashboard to see if that complaint left a stain. It normally does.
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont know how to check my seller dashboard to see if the complaint has left a 'stain' I have received an email from ebay saying that the case was closed - here is what they have said:

'Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has closed this case. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

This case won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.'

Road-Kill, I agree with what you are saying about ebay not being the right venue to sell antiques and collectables, only its ironic that ebay was originally founded for this and now its all about people selling on wholesale goods like inkjet cartridges and dvds sadly. I am gonna give some of the other places a try - ebid etc.

ta!
Old 08-06-2011

ebid..............wouldn't bother,but then again,i don't sell collectables

try it but its no where near got the traffic that eb has,FACT!
Old 08-06-2011

pointless holding a grudge with eb

they don`t care,you may aswell exploit them like we all do