Restricted from selling indefinately, however.. - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 10-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I think i have this covered already.

For example say ebay had blacklisted: 124 Ridge Close. If i put 126 Ridge close, (124) 126 would not exist as the last unit on the street is 124. This would work and avoid links in your opinion?

Look pal, if your workshop address in the u.k

123 ridge close blar blar blar

would you use

Unit 123 ridge close and/or stick an A B or C on the door.

i know i would and do.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Thanks for the help.

Just trying to explore this option.

The split into units/rooms is a good idea, but how viable is it?

I work from home, but i figure i could put my full address and have it addressed to 'Room 2' or something. As long as i have a stealth name with documents backing said those details, could they bar it just because it's the same house?
The address part is not the hardest part of this, as it is any address that royal mail are your delivery company will deliver to.

Your address would be fixed with a simple thing like free collection of the item, if you are doing enough business. This would also save your account the shipping DSRs as the last I checked they can't ding those DSRs if it is free shipping. And you including that in the price is free shipping plus if you have a enough trade then you can get some good deals off shipping companies.

It is what is going to come next, once you start messing around with address' and names that will be your biggest problem, as at some point in the future ebay are hopefully paypal are going to ask you to prove it.

For that you really will need the book and the other forum.

And Tizwoz instantly understood what I was saying but you normally do not have to add the letters on your door.

There is also the fact if you live in a long street that has more than one postcode.

But like I say test it with a letter to yourself before you use it.
Old 10-31-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
The address part is not the hardest part of this, as it is any address that royal mail are your delivery company will deliver to.

Your address would be fixed with a simple thing like free collection of the item, if you are doing enough business. This would also save your account the shipping DSRs as the last I checked they can't ding those DSRs if it is free shipping. And you including that in the price is free shipping plus if you have a enough trade then you can get some good deals off shipping companies.

It is what is going to come next, once you start messing around with address' and names that will be your biggest problem, as at some point in the future ebay are hopefully paypal are going to ask you to prove it.

For that you really will need the book and the other forum.

And Tizwoz instantly understood what I was saying but you normally do not have to add the letters on your door.

There is also the fact if you live in a long street that has more than one postcode.

But like I say test it with a letter to yourself before you use it.

Thanks for your reply.

Under manual review would Unit 124a Ridge Street (for example) be seen the same as 124 Ridge Street ? I dont understand if a manual review will link in this way.
Old 11-01-2012

It is one of those things that should not work but does and would probably still work without the unit.

You have to remember ebay are all about appearance, and they do not really care what you are doing, as long as they look as if they are trying to stop you. But they do not really want you to go some place else and take away their business, as without sellers they have nothing but a load of google adds, as unlike Amazon they offer nothing but advertising space.

Put your final plan up on all you have changed to make sure you have not missed anything, as it can be a pain going through bank accounts every time you forgot something stupid. And we have all done it.
Old 11-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

Under manual review would Unit 124a Ridge Street (for example) be seen the same as 124 Ridge Street ? I dont understand if a manual review will link in this way.
You appear to not be 'seeing' it because you do not want to see it.

Are you REALLY prepared to insult the IQ of even an ebay worker to run the
identical business at a variation of a street address?

WoW

Old 11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

WoW

You mean ebay employees are intelligent, i was not even sure they could read...
Old 11-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

WoW

I am getting conflicting answers. I have not been insulting anyone i am just trying to find out what will work and what will not.

So now i am being told an address variation will work but you are saying it will not. See where i am here?

As per our private conversation you know why i need to be at the same address. It is too expensive here to rent anywhere just for a stealth account, i do appreciate the help you've given me but i am not trying to wind anyone up.

If it isn't possible to be at the same address and use a variation i would like to know 100% that it isn't possible, so i can forget about the stealth idea, because i have to be at the same address. However i am being advised that variations will work by other helpful members.
Old 11-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Re-read the post.

I said the ebay staffer.

I am saying this again.

If your new account is reviewed manually, there is a good chance you will be detected.

I make no such statement lightly.

And anyone here who expects a 100% guarantee in association with ebay/paypal should not use that platform.

Clutch at whatever straws you have or want. Be told by whoever you like, I have expressed my thoughts.

Base line: it may be risky.

The first thing that will happen then is you will be back here screaming your head off that you took the advice of the forum but still got suspended.

Read my posts.

I never go with the crowd if I consider there is a chance of damage to accounts.
Old 11-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Ok. So basically your point of view is you don't know the out come however you weigh more towards the getting detected. I appreciate that.

There really is only one way to try i suppose. I do fancy my chances with the 124a and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, just because i can claim i live at the address with a friend and we both do the same profession but not as the same business, i imagine that's enough for them to let it go. Only one way to find out though right? Honestly not amazingly fussed if 5 months down the line it gets closed. I would have made a good amount of money by then.

Going back to the start of this thread - my original account is still going and i have actively sold my services for a while, no sign of ebay yet. Although i am waiting on it and it does seem to be taking a while for them to shut me down.

Not to mention on the phone with eBay when i first got suspended i gave them this accounts user ID as they asked me who my supplier was and i said ebay partly and i stupidly gave her my other accounts ID (would have been linked anyway) but yeh, funny how she instantly banned one and not the other at all (yet)
Old 11-01-2012

Quote:
Ok. So basically your point of view is you don't know the out come however you weigh more towards the getting detected. I appreciate that.

There really is only one way to try i suppose. I do fancy my chances with the 124a and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, just because i can claim i live at the address with a friend and we both do the same profession but not as the same business, i imagine that's enough for them to let it go. Only one way to find out though right? Honestly not amazingly fussed if 5 months down the line it gets closed. I would have made a good amount of money by then.

Going back to the start of this thread - my original account is still going and i have actively sold my services for a while, no sign of ebay yet. Although i am waiting on it and it does seem to be taking a while for them to shut me down.

Not to mention on the phone with eBay when i first got suspended i gave them this accounts user ID as they asked me who my supplier was and i said ebay partly and i stupidly gave her my other accounts ID (would have been linked anyway) but yeh, funny how she instantly banned one and not the other at all (yet)
So you suggested you were buying off an account with the same phone number and address as the one you were using and they did not notice.
they really did just want rid of you off that phone.

If you are determined to do it this way you will need more than one other account but this third account you have now may give you the breathing room you will need.

Have you considered using this time to build the other accounts slowly and try another line for the building period. Then introduce your own service gradually after the clearing of restrictions and the ID process.

You see this method does and can work but unlike proper stealth it can be hit and miss and most people on here prefer going for the longer time frame than the two to five month you are happy with.
Old 11-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Not suggested. My reason for calling eBay was to raise selling limits as i had no idea i was going to be punished for my friends account being banned.

After she asked me a few basic questions she asked me about the banned account and asked if i am associated with it in any way. Of course i denied it.

After that she asked me who supplies my parts, in turn i said eBay and she questioned what account i use to purchase parts as i did not on the account she was looking at it, so i spelled out the user ID of the account that is still going and that's when she said she will raise the limits and got me off the phone.

Account was banned instantly however this one wasn't. I think that's strange in itself.

But yes i am going to give the address trick a try with a new account - will use my mobile tether to the PC to completely avoid IP's as although i have a dynamic IP it is MER and is very sticky and not releasable on demand, makes it very frustrating!
Old 11-02-2012

Longevity: 76%

You are worried about address use any address for ebay

Register for freepost at royal mail at about £80 for the year

tell all your customers in your advert you will email them a freepost address to print off

job done