eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Managing Payments Requesting ID (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/136209-managing-payments-requesting-id.html)

Pathos 05-14-2020 04:35 PM

Re: Managing Payments Requesting ID

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaywanton (Post 1093445)
You'll just have to get creative with the bank statement if you need it to match with your real address. A little bit of editing on Photoshop should do the trick. However, my worry is that ADYEN may be able to see what address is linked with the bank account, is that possible do you think?

Photoshop is the wrong programme for this sort of task.

and I highly doubt, 99.9999% that personal addresses are shown to someone paying in. GDPR protects that.

dishmachine 05-22-2020 07:02 AM

Something which may help....

Only the major banks currently use CoP and so adding a bank account that doesn’t have this facility means that eBay can’t confirm the owner.

User220 05-22-2020 07:47 AM

Ok so is this what they need

Name on eBay account to match bank statements, bank account and photo ID
What about the address as you may have a different address for your business bank account rather then your residential address

Pathos 05-22-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User220 (Post 1095196)
Ok so is this what they need

Name on eBay account to match bank statements, bank account and photo ID
What about the address as you may have a different address for your business bank account rather then your residential address

In theory, so does PayPal, but we know its possible without. We dont know that yet with MP.

The address on the account/bank do not need to match, thats for sure, but if you sue a DL for ID then I imagine it would need to.

The eBay Community boards are quite helpful, Im banned on them sadly, but if anyone isnt its worth putting a post on there phising for info!

Like..."I signed up with my sisters bank account and my ebay account, and it worked fine". I imagine others may then try, get some of the genuine ebayers to maybe try out a few things for us? :)

goodstealth 06-06-2020 04:41 PM

We have registered on MP for UK account. From documents the only bank statement was asked. No ID required.

Pathos 06-07-2020 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodstealth (Post 1098205)
We have registered on MP for UK account. From documents the only bank statement was asked. No ID required.

Did you provide genuine details? and matching name bank account?

goodstealth 06-07-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1098241)
Did you provide genuine details? and matching name bank account?

Account is stealth (details are not real) but bank matchs the ebay acc name

Pathos 06-07-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodstealth (Post 1098322)

So the name (and DOB) on the account is real?

arshavin 06-07-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodstealth (Post 1098322)

Do you mean the business account name matches the Ebay accounts business name?

goodstealth 06-07-2020 11:47 PM

Name and DoB is not real.

I mean bank account name matches the eBay account business name

Pathos 06-08-2020 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodstealth (Post 1098405)
Name and DoB is not real.

I mean bank account name matches the eBay account business name

So you're running ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bank accounts?

or is this a business bank account?

CaptainComedown 06-15-2020 04:22 AM

I think in the first few weeks of MP being forced on sellers, that Adyen will be so busy that they will barely have time to check anything properly, plus I sincerely doubt they have access to any system that allows them to verify the authenticity of a passport etc.
Its probably just an ass-covering exercise so that if anything goes wrong they can show the documents you provided and then effectively the blame is not theirs.

I'm just trying to be optimistic about it, when MP comes I will change the names on my accounts, then register for MP and create whatever documents they want and I imagine it will be fine. You just gotta believe!!

ndcadmin 06-16-2020 12:12 PM

So by 15th is this mandatory that all sbusinesses should use MP?

Pathos 06-17-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1099834)
I think in the first few weeks of MP being forced on sellers, that Adyen will be so busy that they will barely have time to check anything properly, plus I sincerely doubt they have access to any system that allows them to verify the authenticity of a passport etc.
Its probably just an ass-covering exercise so that if anything goes wrong they can show the documents you provided and then effectively the blame is not theirs.

I'm just trying to be optimistic about it, when MP comes I will change the names on my accounts, then register for MP and create whatever documents they want and I imagine it will be fine. You just gotta believe!!

The Name /Bank account check is automatic through Ayden, its like when applying for a credit card, its part of the identity check etc.

I guess we have to wait to see if it can bypassed. Im resorting to genuine names and matching bank accounts, I feel its the only way at the moment to continue trading.

JamesNorth101 06-17-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1100275)
The Name /Bank account check is automatic through Ayden, its like when applying for a credit card, its part of the identity check etc.

I guess we have to wait to see if it can bypassed. Im resorting to genuine names and matching bank accounts, I feel its the only way at the moment to continue trading.

Would be great to see the source for that fact.

prodigyace 06-17-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1098428)
So you're running ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bank accounts?

or is this a business bank account?

He said it's a business bank account. Might be the way to go with Adyen.

harminder86 06-17-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaywanton (Post 1093400)
Im sure the ID part is for business accounts who have passed the 85K VAT threeshold, as i have also got the email but it does not mention anything about ID

no its for all business sellers accounts doesnt matter how much money you make

Pathos 06-17-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1100283)
Would be great to see the source for that fact.

It's all on Aydens website, I've posted the scripting description that Ayden are using before now (but I appreciate it's in your financial interests on this site to oppose that process)

Always worth researching the enemy..

https://docs.adyen.com/marketpay/onb...d-verification

JamesNorth101 06-17-2020 11:43 AM

That’s what Adyen can do potentially.... doesn’t actually mean that they will do it. It also doesn’t in any way reference being able to actually verify the name in the bank and other than via bank statement

Stop the scaremongering until you’ve got some actual facts as opposed to making a ton of assumptions and guesses

Pathos 06-17-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1100382)
That’s what Adyen can do potentially.... doesn’t actually mean that they will do it. It also doesn’t in any way reference being able to actually verify the name in the bank and other than via bank statement

Stop the scaremongering until you’ve got some actual facts as opposed to making a ton of assumptions and guesses

So, to look at things objectively.

1. Ayden show how they intend to process the information and how they ID check
2. The banks now all (bar a couple) use COP (confirmation of payee).Therefore a deposit or payment is instantly flagged as a mismatched name.
3. The systems Ayden use is similar to credit card applications

For me, learning about these systems is invaluable on how to prepare for the future. Sure, we don't currently have 100% answers, and yes we can really think that Ayden will ignore ALL THEIR IDENTIFICATION SYSTEMS they have spent millions developing, but the worst thing a person can do is not be prepared for the variable outcomes, especially when one may have long term successful accounts under their belts.

The alternative option;

Only listen to a person (who makes a living out of selling hooky accounts that wont 'officially' pass these checks) says learning about these systems to be as educated as possible is 'scaremongering'.

I am impartial, you aren't.

So it's up to the reader to decide which way they want to flow. If come 15th July, we all get turned off, I sure know I wont be attempting a mismatch name, and I know you wont come back and tell the gang if it works or not..so c'est la vie.

JamesNorth101 06-17-2020 01:06 PM

You’ve been singing the same tune for many many years and it’s always the end of days with you and always worst-case scenario without actually doing any fact checking. Remove PayPal and the CoP a few mo that ago and how you told everyone time and time again it was the end of it all. Look how that worked out.... :thumb:

Just to refresh your memory though

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1073669)
Essentially, i am convinced 100% that after 31st March, the first PayPal 1p deposits/withdrawals on new accounts will kill any stealth account if not using the same name immediately. However, I am not entirely sure if existing accounts with withdrawals already setup are going to be affected (at this stage anyway, but that could also be wishful thinking on my part.

Just like then what you are saying now is pure speculation and not actually based in facts with evidence. It’s just guesswork. Same thing you have been doing for years.

Pathos 06-18-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1100393)
You’ve been singing the same tune for many many years and it’s always the end of days with you and always worst-case scenario without actually doing any fact checking. Remove PayPal and the CoP a few mo that ago and how you told everyone time and time again it was the end of it all. Look how that worked out.... :thumb:

Just to refresh your memory though

Just like then what you are saying now is pure speculation and not actually based in facts with evidence. It’s just guesswork. Same thing you have been doing for years.

It's similar to what you have been doing for years, you speculate based on what you feel is correct at the time (one example, not adding new PP to old eBays - works fine, but you say it wont, meaning your evidence or fact is wrong), you have a vested interest to ensure many aspects of evidence based speculation is kept on the quiet, evidence being the companies declarations on how they check identification (not because a man called Smith on the internet says otherwise). At this stage its best to prepare for all possible scenario's. This isn't scareongering, it's ensuring survival no matter what happens.

The fact checking? What do you class as a fact? As I dont believe you have any actual facts on anything, just anecdotal based evidence. So using that word is a little comical if anything, if you want to define what a fact is, then we can debate that sure.

Your impartiality means there is an obvious lack of trust (from anyone with a brain). Why not remove that, and then there would definitely be more trust from me at the very least (and definitely others)?

I havent made any new Stealth accounts challenging the COP with PayPal, but I sure know the ones I got off you after three weeks of painstakingly charades didnt work out to well..