MP - foreign ID on UK Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-21-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default MP - foreign ID on UK Ebay

I registered as a stealth UK person on UK ebay years ago and was successfully running my stealth account.💪

And now MP! What to do?🙏

Can I upload my Slovenian real ID document (I come from Slovenia, EU)?
And change all stealth info to real - name, dob, address?
Although my initial real ebay account got suspended 6 years ago.

And the question is, does Slovenia go under "Adyen" check or "Payoneer" check?
Unless I leave a UK stealth address as a temporary address ?! 🤔
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: MP - foreign ID on UK Ebay

First of all, I wouldn't Change any essential info on the stealth account (name or dob).

Getting creative, using the info on the stealth account, might be your best play.

I am not sure, but I think "Ayden" pays out directly to your Bank account (works in all EU countries), Payoneer is new and you need a payoneer account in order to receive your payments.

Cheers and GL
Katrina (05-23-2021)
Old 05-24-2021

Longevity: 21%

I'm in the same boat, I have Slovakia real info, but running eBay UK ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account.

If I update UK eBay info back to Slovakia, I will be not able to sell anymore in the UK as I run a sells there. So not sure what to do, where I can get a UK bank account with sort code.
Old 05-24-2021

Activity: 79%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit View Post
I'm in the same boat, I have Slovakia real info, but running eBay UK ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account.

If I update UK eBay info back to Slovakia, I will be not able to sell anymore in the UK as I run a sells there. So not sure what to do, where I can get a UK bank account with sort code.
getting a bank account in the UK should be your least worry if you intend to register for MP-UK with stealth details...
Old 05-28-2021

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
getting a bank account in the UK should be your least worry if you intend to register for MP-UK with stealth details...
Explain why please. I used TransferWise acc where name match.
Old 05-29-2021

Longevity: 16%

I'm in the same boat. I have an UK account with real name and dob, but random UK address. Never had issues selling and have benefited a lot from their regular listing promos. Now with MP, the only solution available might be Transferwise, cause I don't have an UK bank account.

Question is, how and when exactly does eBay verify details - Transferwise account name would match the name on my eBay account, the only issue would be if they ask me to upload my ID and see I'm not UK based.

Anyone figured something out perhaps?
Old 05-29-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoyan88 View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have an UK account with real name and dob, but random UK address. Never had issues selling and have benefited a lot from their regular listing promos. Now with MP, the only solution available might be Transferwise, cause I don't have an UK bank account.

Question is, how and when exactly does eBay verify details - Transferwise account name would match the name on my eBay account, the only issue would be if they ask me to upload my ID and see I'm not UK based.

Anyone figured something out perhaps?
The MP details must match your documents for sure. Ebay account registered with UK address and ID with Bulgarian address in example will rise flags at least.

Wise accepts mismatches names for now.

Maybe you should take the risk and update your details to your country of living when MP comes to your account.
Old 05-29-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
The MP details must match your documents for sure. Ebay account registered with UK address and ID with Bulgarian address in example will rise flags at least.

Wise accepts mismatches names for now.

Maybe you should take the risk and update your details to your country of living when MP comes to your account.
Well, I kinda did that already. Changed my country and address back to Bulgaria - what this resulted in was, as what an eBay representative told me over chat, my "site ID" changed to a .COM one instead of ".CO.UK". When I try to contact eBay via chat, I'm now redirected to eBay.COM with their working hours as well. I guess I'll be opted out of the MP for now, due to Bulgaria still not being part of it, but I'll lose every single benefit I had with the eBay.co.uk platform (like the selling fees promos, which was the reason I created the account to start with).

I'm considering changing the details back to the UK ones and signing up to MP via Transferwise, but if that gets a pretty reputable sale account like mine suspended at a later stage, I wouldn't really wanna risk it.

Aguero, can you PM me, would like to discuss a bit regarding all of this in Bulgarian, if you don't mind of course. Or any other contact alternative like email, or skype would be great.

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2021

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Well, I kinda did that already. Changed my country and address back to Bulgaria - what this resulted in was, as what an eBay representative told me over chat, my "site ID" changed to a .COM one instead of ".CO.UK". When I try to contact eBay via chat, I'm now redirected to eBay.COM with their working hours as well. I guess I'll be opted out of the MP for now, due to Bulgaria still not being part of it, but I'll lose every single benefit I had with the eBay.co.uk platform (like the selling fees promos, which was the reason I created the account to start with).

I'm considering changing the details back to the UK ones and signing up to MP via Transferwise, but if that gets a pretty reputable sale account like mine suspended at a later stage, I wouldn't really wanna risk it.

Aguero, can you PM me, would like to discuss a bit regarding all of this in Bulgarian, if you don't mind of course. Or any other contact alternative like email, or skype would be great.

Thanks!
If you.would have residency in BG you would need to register fkr a VAT if your selling location will be UK.

What if you provide real bulgarian ID and UK address backed up with UK bank statement?
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusebio View Post
If you.would have residency in BG you would need to register fkr a VAT if your selling location will be UK.

What if you provide real bulgarian ID and UK address backed up with UK bank statement?
Selling location is still Bulgaria, so don't need to register for VAT I guess.

I unfortunately cannot provide a UK address nor a UK bank statement, if I'm asked to.
Old 05-30-2021

Longevity: 47%

Quote:

I unfortunately cannot provide a UK address nor a UK bank statement, if I'm asked to.
Then VAT is not a requirement
Old 05-30-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:

Warning!!! eBay link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/se...ons-eu?id=4650
The Following User Says Thank You to Aguero For This Useful Post:
stoyan88 (05-31-2021)