Change of ID… UK MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 09-05-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default Change of ID… UK MP

Hi all,

I was banned off eBay around 3 years ago.

Managed to open a new business account using a friends info. Was never asked for ID.

Yesterday received a message asking to provide photo ID.

Friend did not want to provide photo ID. Asked eBay if they would accept any other documents. They said birth certificate + utility bill was fine.

Uploaded these and rejected (legit documents provided by friend) all documents match his address . Another customer service rep said that he needs
Photo id.

I then change details to my real info. Upload documents etc and seems to be accepted so far….

Account has £1500 in with 7 day hold. All items have been sent.

How long do I have until the account is banned for using my banned info? Will I get my money ?

Account is a business account and aprox 35 days old with 6 feedback.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2022

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Change of ID… UK MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relents82 View Post
Hi all,

Managed to open a new business account using a friends info. Was never asked for ID.

Friend did not want to provide photo ID. Asked eBay if they would accept any other documents. They said birth certificate + utility bill was fine.

Uploaded these and rejected (legit documents provided by friend) all documents match his address . Another customer service rep said that he needs
Photo id.

I then change details to my real info. Upload documents etc and seems to be accepted so far….

How long do I have until the account is banned for using my banned info? Will I get my money ?

Thanks
after docs have been sent you will likely be suspended if you change name so you better send your friend's ID

personal details can be changed if no verification has been done yet , after that only some details can be changed without suspension
Old 09-05-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Hi all,

Photo id.

Thanks
You might get lucky on this account because you were banned 3 years ago before managed payments came into play and managed payments allowed previous suspended accounts to rejoin again it was like a second lifeline.

In my experience genuine ID automatically passes but 12 hours later account still gets suspended this is because if they can’t verify you in the beginning I.E miss match address or it could be of risky item was sold which was in my case. Account was about 1 week old.

The only worry I would have is are the items risky? Vero? £1500 in an account with 32 days old seems a lot.

But I’m curious to know why eBay still asked for ID when your friend allowed you to use their real details normally after a certain amount of sales achieved if details are real then eBay won’t ask for ID. So it looks like it could be down to the items your selling or sales number achieved in a month.
Old 09-05-2022

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 41%

I'm in the same boat using suspended details on managed payments after signing up with stealth info. It's as if all banned details have been temporarily deleted and they are allowing everyone back on now that they use Adyen as their payment processor. May be due to a decline in people signing up with all the competition ? facebook marketplace, etsy, amazon etc ?

Everything has been running smooth for years since Adyen so I think you will be fine. Just treat the account and your customers with the highest level of service / respect and build a track record fast so ebay don't have any reason to get rid of you.
Old 09-05-2022

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

they allow everyone back because no real verification was done in the past so that any suspended details may or may not belong to the person in question. in fact it is likely that a large portion of old style ebay accounts were opened with false / incomplete details
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
Evander (10-09-2022)
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

If this account gets banned, what happens to the payments which are scheduled for aprox 14 days time?
Old 09-05-2022

Quote:
If this account gets banned, what happens to the payments which are scheduled for aprox 14 days time?
If the account gets suspended you won’t get those funds until at least 60-72 days maybe 90 days.

I have a suspended account with £247 sitting in their eBay have told me I won’t get the funds ever because identity couldn’t be verified after sending in stealth passport so I’m not sure if I will ever receive my funds.

It sounds like to me you will get your funds later on as your ID you sent in initially passed but 12 hours later a suspension could happen due to the items you are selling if they are risky items.
Old 09-05-2022

What did the message say from eBay? Did it say we couldn’t verify your identity? Or was it a different kind of message?
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
What did the message say from eBay? Did it say we couldn’t verify your identity? Or was it a different kind of message?
It asked to upload photo I’d that matches the name and other details.
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Message is :-

Hello,
You need to update some details on your account. You may have received this email for a variety of reasons. For example, you may have started to sell more than before or enrolled in a new service.
You won’t receive payouts or be able use some eBay services until you verify your account information. We understand that this is frustrating, but this process helps us keep our marketplace safe. We appreciate your cooperation.
Please make sure you update your account info by 02 Oct, 2022 to release your held payments and avoid further restriction. Once you’ve made the requested updates, we’ll verify your info, and you’ll be good to go.
Old 09-05-2022

Quote:
Message is :-

Hello,
You need to update some details on your account. You may have received this email for a variety of reasons. For example, you may have started to sell more than before or enrolled in a new service.
You won’t receive payouts or be able use some eBay services until you verify your account information. We understand that this is frustrating, but this process helps us keep our marketplace safe. We appreciate your cooperation.
Please make sure you update your account info by 02 Oct, 2022 to release your held payments and avoid further restriction. Once you’ve made the requested updates, we’ll verify your info, and you’ll be good to go.
I’m sorry to break it to you but that’s not a good email to receive. I’ve received loads of these emails and all accounts have been suspended. You must of received this email for 2 reasons.

1) they couldn’t verify you (but you used friends real info) so I don’t think it’s that.

2) your starting to sell more than usual (which you obviously have)

Their could be hope if the items are not risky items and low risk you might not get the suspension within 12 to 12.5hrs after you sent the ID in.

If you sold risky items then your account will be suspended especially being a 32 day old account.

You will get your funds after 60-90 days as you did send real ID in.

Definitely start to create many back up accounts and honestly spread sales on the accounts to limit your risks.
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I’m sorry to break it to you but that’s not a good email to receive. I’ve received loads of these emails and all accounts have been suspended. You must of received this email for 2 reasons.

1) they couldn’t verify you (but you used friends real info) so I don’t think it’s that.

2) your starting to sell more than usual (which you obviously have)

Their could be hope if the items are not risky items and low risk you might not get the suspension within 12 to 12.5hrs after you sent the ID in.

If you sold risky items then your account will be suspended especially being a 32 day old account.

You will get your funds after 60-90 days as you did send real ID in.

Definitely start to create many back up accounts and honestly spread sales on the accounts to limit your risks.

Thanks Sam,

Is it exactly 12 hours after when I will find out if suspended ? Or can it be
24 hours or longer ?

So far it’s 10 hours and all seems ok. Red banner has gone and used legit info + ID. Different name to registered name though.
Old 09-05-2022

Quote:
Thanks Sam,

Is it exactly 12 hours after when I will find out if suspended ? Or can it be
24 hours or longer ?

So far it’s 10 hours and all seems ok. Red banner has gone and used legit info + ID. Different name to registered name though.
In my cases it’s always been 12 to 12.5hrs never less or never more. The red banner will go away once you sent the ID in but then your hit with the suspension email after the timeframe.

The big question is are the items risky? Vero? Or just lots of £10, £20 items? As they will take this into an account while they do their review. I hope you don’t get suspended especially with £1500 in your balance.
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

Nothing risky. Childrens toys / dolls.
Old 09-05-2022

Quote:
You should be fine then I think the ID request is because of an increase in sales and not because they couldn’t verify you.

Changing from friends info to your previous banned info shouldn’t be anything to worry about as managed payments allowed previous banned accounts a second chance.

Let us know how you get on in the next few days.
Old 09-05-2022
Threadstarter  

I will let you know.

The email / flag happened directly after a sale that took the balance to £1500
Old 09-05-2022

It’s interesting to know when this eBay bot sends this email for increase sales. Yours seemed to of happened after £1500 sales mine happened at around £600-£700. Actually no it was after 2 risky items sold but overall total was around £1300 I think but already withdrew most payments.

I’m wondering if this bot message is set on accounts for a period of time i.e 3 months selling activity. I know established personal accounts which are seriously aged like 3/10 years can just sell thousands a week without receiving this email.

It’s definitely another bot email but as I always say bots are predictable. I’ve just sold £300+ item on 2 accounts I was going to list again in the next few days on both accounts but accounts are not that established yet so might have to wait to use other accounts I’ve created.

That’s why I created back ups to avoid this situation and I do sell risky items as well.

Last edited by samspalace; 09-05-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2022

I also had this message on my 1 week old account and now it makes perfect sense why it wasn’t because I sold a £330 item for (increase sales) it was for they couldn’t (verify my info) as my info was stealth selling a risky item which triggered it off which is not recommended it school boy error mistake.

The other situation was stealth info as well account lasted a lot longer but this is probably because I wasn’t selling risky items until a couple of months in. Once my total sales hit (£1300) bot triggered the email and then ultimately suspended the account because they couldn’t verify the account.

Both accounts were before 3 months of selling activity and both received emails 1 for can’t verify you and the other increase sales.

Play safe everyone for first 3 months of selling activity is now my assumption.

Last edited by samspalace; 09-05-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2022
Threadstarter  

Hi,

So the account made it past the 12/12.5 hour mark. Not suspended … yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Relents82 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022

Quote:
Hi,

So the account made it past the 12/12.5 hour mark. Not suspended … yet.
You have nothing to worry about your account is perfectly fine thanks for letting us know how you get on
Old 09-06-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You have nothing to worry about your account is perfectly fine thanks for letting us know how you get on

Ummmmm. Just got this.

Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place.
Old 09-06-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Children's toys are actually high risk, specially if they are branded.