Using my old address, thats been used before? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 09-28-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default Using my old address, thats been used before?

Firstly My original verified eBay account in my name from 2007 is still active. I've lived at 4 different addresses in the UK during this time and have used all of these addresses on this eBay account.

Question 1; When creating a new eBay account in my name again, Can I use an address I lived at 10 years ago thats already been attached to my main eBay account?

Question 2; Can I even create another eBay account in my name again because I have already verified my I.D with my original account.

Secondly
Before managed payments came into play I made 10 eBay Stealth accounts from buying 10 mobile phones, 10 sim cards and used 4G for each eBay account and they all worked brilliantly. It was the greatest financial year of my life. And then MP came along and killed all 10 accounts.

I have just moved to Canada and want to create UK eBay account(s) from here.
Question 3: Would it be possible to create a new account using 4G phone data on a new sim and on a new phone from here? Is that stupid to even suggest because obviously the location of the sims IP is in Canada?
Reason I ask is because its 100x easier for me to operate eBay accounts from seperate phones than on a computer as I'm living in a camper van. If not I will go down the IPBurger route, but its worth the ask.

Many thanks in advance, Squirrel
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Using my old address, thats been used before?

How's the move from UK to Canada? Liking it ?

So I don't think it's worth it to reuse an address because it'll just get you linked.

and since it'll be a UK account, I really recommend to sticking to a UK IP.

If you're just making 1 account, ask IPBurger for their static Residential IP. It's cheaper
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Yes I really like Canada so far. Its better than England lol.

I will be happy just having one more eBay account. figured IP Burger is my best bet. At the moment they are currently out of stock for UK Static Residential IP. They told me they have no estimate on when they willl have more restocked.

Ok so the biggest problem for me is not being able to use an old address then. Any ideas on how I can get my name on a UK address to pass eBay verification?

Many thanks
Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelOG View Post
Yes I really like Canada so far. Its better than England lol.

I will be happy just having one more eBay account. figured IP Burger is my best bet. At the moment they are currently out of stock for UK Static Residential IP. They told me they have no estimate on when they willl have more restocked.

Ok so the biggest problem for me is not being able to use an old address then. Any ideas on how I can get my name on a UK address to pass eBay verification?

Many thanks

THey are out of stock?? Already? it's only a month ago they released it, that was quick.

Can you get a mailbox that also forwards mail in UK ?
Not a government box rather a privately owned one.

That's what I always do.
Old 09-29-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelOG View Post

I have just moved to Canada and want to create UK eBay account(s) from here.
Question 3: Would it be possible to create a new account using 4G phone data on a new sim and on a new phone from here? Is that stupid to even suggest because obviously the location of the sims IP is in Canada?
Reason I ask is because its 100x easier for me to operate eBay accounts from seperate phones than on a computer as I'm living in a camper van. If not I will go down the IPBurger route, but its worth the ask.

Many thanks in advance, Squirrel
Welcome to Canada I have only created UK eb accounts with UK IP then used Canadian IP to run them. One other option might be to create Canadian eb account then log onto uk eb platform and sell there
Old 09-29-2022
Threadstarter  

interesting. Yeah I guess I can create an eBay Canadian account. I have Canadian driving license, address and Social insurance number now. I also have a family member here too who said I can use her eBay.

So you are saying i can just sell from UK platform with these accounts and avoid the ridiculous fees with eBay Canada?

I sold something for $100 here on Canadian eBay and only recieved $66 after the sale. I was shocked to say the least. The buyer ended up paying like $120 too.
Old 09-30-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The buyer ended up paying $120 due to duties?