Questions about Banks and Cards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 10-01-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Post Questions about Banks and Cards

Hi guys,

I was thinking about going back to eBay and I see that a lot has changed with MP, I'm throwing some questions to you:

Does the Wise vcc's for eBay still works?, I tried to enter one and I get an error that the address doesn't match. I'm sure that Revolut vcc's doesn't work, any suggestion of VCCs for paying fees?.

If I pay eBay fees from my bank account, will they see my real name and ban me? I know that mismatch for receiving is fine but for paying the fees?

I was thinking of opening a LTD company with Tide but I have read horror stories on trustpilot, my other option would be to register it with another registrar and add Revolut Business.

is a business account better than a personal account for stealth accounts?

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Questions about Banks and Cards

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Marketplace sellers have VCCs that should work.

They can see the real name but ban will depend on other issues such as what you sell, other links, etc.
Old 10-01-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the welcome @rsot.

My personal account was suspended (due to a previous ban in another country) and I was selling low profile and low value items.

All I did was register with my real UK details, I thought maybe the database wasn't linked to the different countries, and after selling 2 items under £10 I got the message "your account has been suspended... your account has been permanently suspended due to activity that we believe put the eBay community at risk". I guess I got flagged for putting in real bank and credit card details.

Do you guys think a LTD will work, or when they see I'm the director will they ban me again?

I have to think hard about how to set up new accounts.
Old 10-01-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander View Post
All I did was register with my real UK details, I thought maybe the database wasn't linked to the different countries, and after selling 2 items under £10 I got the message "your account has been suspended... your account has been permanently suspended due to activity that we believe put the eBay community at risk". I guess I got flagged for putting in real bank and credit card details.
How quickly were you suspended? Seems quick - likely way too much overlapping info - what info did you reuse?
Old 10-01-2022
Threadstarter  

It was very weird, I didn't sell items on eBay for several years. And I decided to get rid of some low cost products I had at home. I didn't have an eBay UK account, so I registered, placed the 2 ads, auctions at 1.99. Within a week both listings were sold and paid for, I sent them off, put in the shipping tracking details and forgot about it.

Within days I received that message (maybe 2 or 3 weeks from account registration), and a few weeks later I received the payment from eBay/Ayden.

The only reused information I put was my name, DOB and ID. The phone number, address and bank account were new, I had never sold on eBay UK nor cashed in pounds, nor used that bank account.

I was banned, maybe 18 years ago, but this people never forget.
Old 10-01-2022
Executive [VIP]

low cost products were branded?
Old 10-01-2022
Threadstarter  

I think so, it were two toys for kids, one was branded. But I didn't receive any warning of VERO or anything, just a few days after the end of the auction, BAN.
Old 10-01-2022

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Hi guys,

I was thinking about going back to eBay and I see that a lot has changed with MP, I'm throwing some questions to you:

Does the Wise vcc's for eBay still works?, I tried to enter one and I get an error that the address doesn't match. I'm sure that Revolut vcc's doesn't work, any suggestion of VCCs for paying fees?.

If I pay eBay fees from my bank account, will they see my real name and ban me? I know that mismatch for receiving is fine but for paying the fees?

I was thinking of opening a LTD company with Tide but I have read horror stories on trustpilot, my other option would be to register it with another registrar and add Revolut Business.

Thank you
Revolut works perfectly for paying fees and printing postage labels off through PayPal check out as a guest to get funds quicker.

No they won’t see your name when paying fees. When you make a sale through eBay the fees are automatically deducting from your sale. If you list a buy it now and it doesn’t sell then it’s 0.35 I pay using revolut. But my item sells anyway I just pay if it says negative 35p

I prefer personal accounts because you don’t have to worry about a seller dashboard late delivery rate etc or cancelling an order if you need to. It’s just an easier life for me.
Old 10-02-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I think so, it were two toys for kids, one was branded. But I didn't receive any warning of VERO or anything, just a few days after the end of the auction, BAN.
Could be the brand name e.g. Lego...if used
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Could be the brand name e.g. Lego...if used
Could be, I never thought about that but today I made a new account un UK, and got banned in 30 minutes after the first advert.

I use IPBurger residential proxies, a multilogin browser, a real data of a friend, new account, I put an advert of a non brand cheap item, I didn't add the bank account first, I selected I will add later.

And after 30 minutes, I receive the email "permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk".

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? it's very frustrating.

The only weird thing was the phone number (burner phone number textme), all the other set up was premium (IPBurger, multilogin).

Last edited by Evander; 10-02-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2022

Quote:
Could be, I never thought about that but today I made a new account un UK, and got banned in 30 minutes after the first advert.

I use IPBurger residential proxies, a multilogin browser, a real data of a friend, new account, I put an advert of a non brand cheap item, I didn't add the bank account first, I selected I will add later.

And after 30 minutes, I receive the email "permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk".

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? it's very frustrating.

The only weird thing was the phone number (burner phone number textme), all the other set up was premium (IPBurger, multilogin).
What was the phone number you used? How much did you list the cheap item for?
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

It was an UK "textme" phone number (virtual). I listed the item for 1.99 pounds.
Old 10-02-2022

Your better off creating an account with a 99p SIM card and free phone number on the back.

Also the item you listed was too cheap. I would list an item £30+ with paid shipping as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
Evander (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Yes, the virtual phone number can be a problem. I Will use a prepaid SIM card next time.
Old 10-03-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes, the virtual phone number can be a problem. I Will use a prepaid SIM card next time.
samspalace is right - if your account has too many random "issues" e.g. cheap listing, virtual phone number, etc - the security flags can add up leading to a quick ban
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Evander (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your help guys, these days I will try again with a regular SIM card + a 30 pounds item. I'll share my progress.
Old 10-03-2022

Maybe there is something new going on at ebay? Sounds a bit like what happened to me except for the fact I was never banned before, I got a 30 days restriction on my account which I waited out, when the restriction was lifted I decided to open a new account not to risk suspension, listed one unbranded no risk item and ironically I got suspended permanently with no appeal and for no reason, waited a few days, opened a new account and listed 1 item and the new account was banned in 30 minutes.... seems weird and it seems more people than usual is having trouble this days, judging by the amount of new posts with similar issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to angryatebay For This Useful Post:
Evander (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
It was an UK "textme" phone number (virtual). I listed the item for 1.99 pounds.
YOu can't use a textme or voip ... textme is known for the longest time to be problematic.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Evander (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryatebay View Post
Maybe there is something new going on at ebay? Sounds a bit like what happened to me except for the fact I was never banned before, I got a 30 days restriction on my account which I waited out, when the restriction was lifted I decided to open a new account not to risk suspension, listed one unbranded no risk item and ironically I got suspended permanently with no appeal and for no reason, waited a few days, opened a new account and listed 1 item and the new account was banned in 30 minutes.... seems weird and it seems more people than usual is having trouble this days, judging by the amount of new posts with similar issues.
A lot of newbies will have problems because the stealth guide is not up to date so it all comes down to trial and error.

Took me 16 accounts to finally get 1 account working right. Once you know how the bots and system works it’s very predictable and you can work around it. Just keep trying and you will conquer it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
ddone99 (01-20-2023), Evander (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
YOu can't use a textme or voip ... textme is known for the longest time to be problematic.
I'm sure now that the problem were the voip numbers. I use websites that give you a temporary number for verification purposes, I understand now why my accounts were banned at the moment of start selling despite of using good proxies.

I bought some SIM cards for testing purposes, I hope this time works.

Thanks again for all your advices.
Old 10-03-2022

Quote:
I'm sure now that the problem were the voip numbers. I use websites that give you a temporary number for verification purposes, I understand now why my accounts were banned at the moment of start selling despite of using good proxies.

I bought some SIM cards for testing purposes, I hope this time works.

Thanks again for all your advices.
We’re here to help let us know how you get on
Old 10-04-2022

Activity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
A lot of newbies will have problems because the stealth guide is not up to date so it all comes down to trial and error.

Took me 16 accounts to finally get 1 account working right. Once you know how the bots and system works it’s very predictable and you can work around it. Just keep trying and you will conquer it.
So what would be your tips? Obviously if you are inclined to share?