Advice regarding Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 09-24-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Advice regarding Paypal

I had my account limited a few months back and it's now been closed due to me being scammed (buyer paid via Paypal but picked the item up, then said they'd not received it, paypal refunded buyer leaving me in the negative, I refused to pay etc...).

Anyway...I don't use Ebay anymore but do sell on Etsy and run another site that has donations for server fees from members, and so need a Paypal account. If I change my Etsy email address, would this be traceable via PP?

My mum has a Paypal account that she used for a while a few years back. It's verified but the card/bank details they have for her PP account are now outdated/not in use.

Mum says I can use this Paypal account for the site I sell on and the site I run but she'd rather her bank/card details not be used if possible.

I'm aware that I can't log into this PP acc. from my PC as they will have my IP and could link my closed account with mums account. I'm with Virgin Media, superhub...not sure if my IP is static or if it changes? Would logging into PP via my mobile work (not wifi), or buying a dongle or a wifi hotspot access?

Anyway...at a push I can use my mums new bank details and card info, but I'm wondering if I could use my own bank account (Natwest, one not associated with PP) or would they be able to see that my bank account links to my tainted name and address? If mums card has run out, will she have to provide details of her new card...and again, could I use mine instead? I'm assuming not as I think they ask for card details to verify identity?

Mum has the same surname as me but lives at a different address.

Any info would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!