Adding Bank Account Details UK Paypal. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 12-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Adding Bank Account Details UK Paypal.

Hi, just a quick one hopefully. Just started the process of getting back on, got my entropay card, got a new address, got my new name,got the phone verification sorted, now its asking for my bank account details. This is where my problem is I think. I obviously have a new name for my paypal account, so when I go to add my bank account details this is at the top of the page:

"Your bank account must be denominated in British Pounds only. Enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. If the names do not match exactly, the transfer will fail and a return fee will be charged.

Now my bank account details are for a real account in my real name that has never been used before. Will this difference in name cause me problems or is it just scaremongering from paypal.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2008

Tommy
Thats fine just enter your sort code and account number with the name that you have on your paypal account. Dont worry if its not your real name. Your bank will not give any info to paypal and will accept the dd instruction.
Old 12-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Cheers....thanks for the quick reply.

Let you know how it all goes.......
Old 12-15-2008

Longevity: 90%

Tommybod

Contrary to what people might be saying here about using a false name but your real account number and sort code I have just encountered problems doing this exact same thing. Apparently some UK banks - Lloyds TSB and others are now actually sharing name details which means if you are using a bank account with one of these banks then your attempt to get your Paypal account verified with a false name but correct sort code and account number will fail as has happened with my recent attempt at verification. Can someone let me know which bank I can use that doesnt share this information as I am now going to have to start from scratch getting all the information again, I havent even set up one account yet despite weeks of messing about waiting for this to go through and that to set up and I am back to square one again. Some of the information given out on this forum is becoming inaccurate, obviously due to eBay and paypals continuing mission to alienate even more sellers but giving out the wrong information just means that people are wasting their time and their chances of getting back selling again. I dont mean this forum is a waste of time, but I am quite frustrated that despite having followed every step correctly I am still no better off now than I was months ago before I started reading about all this stuff.
iamstefano (11-07-2013)
Old 12-16-2008

Hi Johnny
I also read that some banks are sharing info with paypal such as the name on the account. However we will need to be sure of this. The reason i am saying this is because i also read by the same person who wrote that post that he was using a savers account.Unless pp send you a email saying that the names dont match then the reason for rejecting the bank could be something else. Not all savers account work. However i wouldnt put it past the banks if they started to share info with pp.

Johnny how do you know that your bank gave your name to paypal and this was the reason for them to reject the account. Was it because you recieved a couple of emails? If so what did the emails say? and what account was you using. I know of 2 bank accounts that work which i am using myself. I tried a savers account and i got 2 emails from pp saying that its not compatible and its a problem with your bank and not pp, something along them lines anyway.

You are right alot of info is misleading especially when pp or ebay are setting traps for us to fall in. There may be a handfull of banks that share the name on the account but there are also others that dont. PM me and i will let you know of the 2 that i use without any probs. The names on these 2 accounts are totally different.
The Following User Says Thank You to GREMLIN For This Useful Post:
iamstefano (11-07-2013)
Old 12-16-2008

What happens when its time to transfer in the bank.
As I have always set up paypal in my own name, but these days there pritty quick at limiting my accounts.

So the bank account is in my name but on paypal is the made up name?, then when i make a withdrawel to the bank, would the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name clear into my own named bank as names would be different, this is the only confusing part for me, if someone would clear this up i would be very gratefull

Thanks forum:D
Old 12-19-2008

Hi Gremlin / everyone!

I dont know for sure if Paypal and my bank shared details of my name but from Paypal I got 2 emails saying that there was both a 'bank processing error' and also that 'This is an invalid bank account number'. As it happens the money they tried to deposit did actually get deposited but I cannot go though the verification process with Paypal as they have rejected this bank account. I guess I will have to get another account and try again, althought I dont know if I ought to try again with this partly created Paypal account when I am not sure if the bank has shared details of my 'real' name with them. What does anyone think and has anyone else had any problems with this?

I have heard from some other people since that the bank account that I tried to use with Paypal was not compatible anyway so this could also have been the problem but its not possible to ask Paypal if they are sharing details of names and not just sort codes with banks. Please can somebody PM me details of any banks that are suitable to use with Paypal. My credit rating is terrible so I guess I am going to have to try and open up a 'basic' bank account with another bank if they will let me. Is it possible to open accounts online and provide proof of I.D via the post, or will I have to make an appointment and visit the bank in person?

thanks for your advice!

Johnny
Old 12-19-2008

Hi Johnny
I had the same issue thats why i asked. Many have said that paypal and a few banks are sharing details. If this is the case then its a bummer. The only way to find out is to read the banks privacy statement or the banks governing body privacy statement and see what they say regarding sharing info. As this happened to me and i got the 2 exact emails as yourself i think its down to our accounts not be supported. I used the same paypal account and have added a new bank account. my paypal account is fully verified now. They accepted it, done the penny dposites, i confirmed them and everythings in order.

I think the only true way to find out if your bank shared your details is to do what i done and add a new account but this time try a current account, like a basic account, and see if its ok.

Regarding opeing a bank account. As you have bad credit you will need to go down to the bank. You might be able to start the process on the net but you will be required to take down id. You can open a basic bank account at Abbey, they wont do a credit check.

cheers
Old 12-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Guys....

Paypal is now sorted, new name, new address, new bank account added( account in real name, paypal didn't bother about the different name), new phone number. Just waiting on on the VCC to show the pound deduction with the code to fully verify the account.

One thing though, as it was a long time ago since I opened my first paypal account so can't remember, once the VCC shows the code and I fully verify my paypal account will I still be asked to provide more info once I reach the money laundering limit or have I bypassed that by verifying my account prior to starting selling again. Prior to be being suspended I was taking in around £1500 a month so hopefully I can build up to that again with no probs.

Thanks again.
Old 12-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Nope. You will be asked to re-verify when you reach the limit. (at least I have had that problem with paypal)
Be ready now.
Old 12-21-2008

Yup ive had the same problem. I fully verified my paypal account so there were no limits. Once i reached the money laundering £1700 limit i was asked to verify again, now its got to about £7.5k in a month with £4k withdrawn and they have asked me to change my password, security questions, verify card number and tracking info. Its been about 12 days and am still waiting. When i log into paypal for some reason its the same msg that your account has limited access due to the european £1700 money laundering limit.
Old 12-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Yup ive had the same problem. I fully verified my paypal account so there were no limits. Once i reached the money laundering £1700 limit i was asked to verify again, now its got to about £7.5k in a month with £4k withdrawn and they have asked me to change my password, security questions, verify card number and tracking info. Its been about 12 days and am still waiting. When i log into paypal for some reason its the same msg that your account has limited access due to the european £1700 money laundering limit.

dont you need to provide photo id to re-verify or lift limit for "European £1700 money laundering"?? For me they asked for Photo ID too
Old 12-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

city, What GREMLIN is saying is that he has also been asked to change password,security questions along with the re-verification. What happens is when there is a certain amount of money going thro' paypal ,extra precautions are taken (by paypal). So far I have had x2
change of passwords,security questions & card verification.The older business accounts have come under review.
Old 12-22-2008

greanbean
Paypal are doing my head in. My account has been limited for about 12 days my customers bought xmas gifts of me. As i had a very bad experience with paypal last time i dont post my items till the money has cleared. So my customers are gonna be without gifts. I feel bad. But what can i do. I have emailed my buyers offering them all a refund.

I had a perfectly fine ebay account and now have some neg feedback after refunding a few buyers. The reason well, too long for dlivery so requested refund. Im just not prepared to send out items valued to about £3.5k while paypal hold the money for them. The major problem that i have is these items i sell are high priced items so its always gonna cause me issues with paypal. Think im gonna have to stop selling these on ebay all together. If someone has a reputable paypal account that can take high transactions or who is already a powerseller then PM me and we may be able to work something out with selling these items together.

regarding photo id well i havnt been asked for this so far.
Old 12-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default I love the smell of bank accounts in the morning...

In my experience had NO probs with current bank accounts and false Paypal names with HSBC and abbey
Old 12-23-2008

that answers the question then, There is only a problem with the hsbc savers account and not current account
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 92%

Natwest you can have 3 accounts and change the name of the accounts online to match your paypal accout name, this works guys
Old 09-29-2010

Longevity: 79%

OK, what about the billing address of your bank account..as mine is different to the address i registered on paypal, They wont verify me as they have said details dont match, can i change my details on paypal and give them my real address if i already have a limited account from there. I would be using a different account and debit card?
Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 78%

I think Lloyds are handing over info, as I just tried it out, and with this one although the name matched the address did not.
I know Lloyds take about three days to go through the two amounts process and I look at my email on the night of the third day and there is a message from paypal demanding ID, for an account that was still at the buyers account stage, as nothing was listed and it was yet to be linked to ebay, other than through the flash cookies.

So I don't know, I think I will be removing TSB from my own list of banks to use on a false ID. I just hope the rest do not follow, as this could get messy fast.

And I can understand the frustration of those above it is a mare when you are sitting there watching your debts build up, I suppose I should count my self lucky that I seem to be getting sales on ebid.net, the only problem I have is I am spending so much time messing around getting on ebay I don't have enough time left to list more stuff on ebid.net.

Things have to be bad when ebay are even messing with my off ebay sales!!!

And Sorry I always write ebid.net, as when I am on their forums I kept writing ebay by mistake, so I figured I had to find a good habit to stop it. Sorry if it looks like marketing. It would be easier if the names were not so close.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 10-06-2010 at 04:42 PM.