Confused About MP - How to Avoid Losing My Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Confused About MP - How to Avoid Losing My Account

I was suspended about 18 years ago (for taking my seeet time mailing things and never uploading the tracking) and reopened a new account and then another and then finally started an account with a DBA and P.O. Box and have been an upstanding citizen on eBay for over ten years. They are now phasing out PayPal and asking for my real name (they think they have it already, but they don’t) and my SSN. Once I give them that it’s only a matter of time before they put two and two together. I guess the only thing I can do it call and explain my side and hope they don’t cancel me but before I do that I thought I’d ask here first to see if anyone had any advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealScottStapp For This Useful Post:
Meyou (06-08-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2020

Longevity: 22%
Default Re: Confused About MP - How to Avoid Losing My Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealScottStapp View Post
I was suspended about 18 years ago (for taking my seeet time mailing things and never uploading the tracking) and reopened a new account and then another and then finally started an account with a DBA and P.O. Box and have been an upstanding citizen on eBay for over ten years. They are now phasing out PayPal and asking for my real name (they think they have it already, but they don’t) and my SSN. Once I give them that it’s only a matter of time before they put two and two together. I guess the only thing I can do it call and explain my side and hope they don’t cancel me but before I do that I thought I’d ask here first to see if anyone had any advice.
Throwing yourself on the mercy of eBay? Not sure that's a good idea. When you sign up for MP, any info you input into the registration will be updated in your eBay registration. I don't know if it's automated or done manually, but it is done. If you're eBay registered info is similar to you're actual info, such as a same last name but different first name, you might skate through. I did. Even if it isn't, they may not pay attention.

You're assuming they will link you. They may, but they may not. My understanding is that MP is very understaffed and may be doing the bare minimum to get sellers processed in. They are not likely to be doing any searching through eBay proper's database of suspended users. If you can get past MP, you may be ok. One reason, and it's only a guess, if you change the info at MP registration, it may not red flag eBay proper since MP will be updating the info to your eBay registration. If you changed your eBay registration yourself, that could very well send up a red flag. Just a guess on my part based on conversations I've had with MP reps.

If you do have to deal with MP asking questions here are a couple of ideas. You say that you're DBA, you may try to claim that you're an active partner and your info is on all the official info(which it is). You could also say you took your "romantic partners" last name, if you know what I mean. These are just a couple ideas. I'm sure the folks on here can give you some other and probably better ideas.

Last edited by sardonicus; 08-12-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Manged payment section is not ebay at all. It is Ayden. They could not care less about your previous history with ebay.

ALL my accounts are in my real name and my last four of my SS. Even for paypal.
Old 08-12-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Manged payment section is not ebay at all. It is Ayden. They could not care less about your previous history with ebay.

All your stealth accounts were transferred into your name with MP?
Old 08-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

According to the MP reps I've spoken with Adyen is not handling MP. The MP reps said that they were trained on the Adyen system but it's all in house. They also said that there is only a small staff overseeing the integration of sellers. So, while MP could theoretically link accounts, they may be too busy to bother. As always, take the info as you will. No way to 100% verify.

Last edited by sardonicus; 08-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
Throwing yourself on the mercy of eBay? Not sure that's a good idea. When you sign up for MP, any info you input into the registration will be updated in your eBay registration. I don't know if it's automated or done manually, but it is done. If you're eBay registered info is similar to you're actual info, such as a same last name but different first name, you might skate through. I did. Even if it isn't, they may not pay attention.

You're assuming they will link you. They may, but they may not. My understanding is that MP is very understaffed and may be doing the bare minimum to get sellers processed in. They are not likely to be doing any searching through eBay proper's database of suspended users. If you can get past MP, you may be ok. One reason, and it's only a guess, if you change the info at MP registration, it may not red flag eBay proper since MP will be updating the info to your eBay registration. If you changed your eBay registration yourself, that could very well send up a red flag. Just a guess on my part based on conversations I've had with MP reps.

If you do have to deal with MP asking questions here are a couple of ideas. You say that you're DBA, you may try to claim that you're an active partner and your info is on all the official info(which it is). You could also say you took your "romantic partners" last name, if you know what I mean. These are just a couple ideas. I'm sure the folks on here can give you some other and probably better ideas.
So I should just go through the process and cross my fingers?

So I should open a bank account with business name, and enter my info on step 2 with my real name (is a completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on there now... well my first name misspelled and my mother’s maiden name as my last name) and it will auto update without a hitch? I just want to know I’ll have an account or not. I can’t really be in this place where I’m not sure if I can sell or not. I flip sports cards and memorabilia and it’s hard to buy and sell when your account can be shut down at any time 😬 That’s why I was thinking I should reach out to them. But I see that’s not even an option anymore (their customer service number doesn’t work anymore).
Old 08-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealScottStapp View Post
So I should just go through the process and cross my fingers?

So I should open a bank account with business name, and enter my info on step 2 with my real name (is a completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on there now... well my first name misspelled and my mother’s maiden name as my last name) and it will auto update without a hitch? I just want to know I’ll have an account or not. I can’t really be in this place where I’m not sure if I can sell or not. I flip sports cards and memorabilia and it’s hard to buy and sell when your account can be shut down at any time 😬 That’s why I was thinking I should reach out to them. But I see that’s not even an option anymore (their customer service number doesn’t work anymore).
You're worried about your account. I understand. You want a solid answer that will tell you how to come through this with your account guaranteed. I can't promise you that. All I can tell you is that I was in a similar situation. The difference being that the only thing that was different in the MP registration was my first name. They may or may not give you grief because you are changing other things. No one can say what they will do or how eBay will react to it. You won't know until you register and they finish processing you. The info update occurred pretty quickly. A day or so, but I don't know if that is always the case. If you are hesitant, you can ask others on this forum for advice on how to proceed or deal with potential questions eBay might ask. I don't think anyone will advise you to "reach out" to them.

One last option I can give if they do ask you questions about the last name. If you're using your mother's maiden name, you can claim that you had been using it because you're parents were separated and you did so at your mother's request. It sounds odd, but I dated a girl who did that and then eventually went back to using her father's last name. It's kinda hard for them to prove you're lying and you can show proof of you're mother's maiden name, if you had to. Again, you may not have to go through any of this, but it would be a good idea to have a plan if they do ask you questions.

Last edited by sardonicus; 08-13-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2020

Longevity: 31%

I registered one of my stealth accounts with MP. I changed every single detail on the account to my legit info. Everything was automatically switched over. Smooth sailing so far with daily payouts.
Old 08-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

eBay & PayPal do NOT keep your information (if suspended) indefinitely.
They do not hold any information about you from 18 years ago that is readily accessible to the extent that it will be actively compared to any registration you or anyone else makes at this time. The only accounts that are kept indefinitely are active accounts.

The only risk you now face is your recent accounts whether active or suspended.
Old 08-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
eBay & PayPal do NOT keep your information (if suspended) indefinitely.
They do not hold any information about you from 18 years ago that is readily accessible to the extent that it will be actively compared to any registration you or anyone else makes at this time. The only accounts that are kept indefinitely are active accounts.

The only risk you now face is your recent accounts whether active or suspended.
I've heard people say this, but what is it based on? Is this a logical guess or something backed up by proven facts? I personally assume they have the info and can use it to link accounts, if they wanted to. Whether or not they expend their automated resources to do this is another matter. As eBay has gotten bigger, it is undeniable that linking new accounts to 18 year old suspended accounts would be more complicated, but still possible. If it can be proven that older account info is expunged that would put a lot of people's minds at ease.
Old 08-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

It's a proven fact, but we could have arrived at it using logic.

There's an enormous cost in keeping an eye on John Doe forever.

Therefore John Doe may return after n years.
It would cost far less to give him the boots again than it would to keep watching out for him for 18 years or forever.

Exactly how many years eBay / Paypal retain information is something no one on this forum will be happy to spill.
In your case, you're well in the clear.
Old 08-14-2020

Quote:
It's a proven fact, but we could have arrived at it using logic.

There's an enormous cost in keeping an eye on John Doe forever.

Therefore John Doe may return after n years.
It would cost far less to give him the boots again than it would to keep watching out for him for 18 years or forever.

Exactly how many years eBay / Paypal retain information is something no one on this forum will be happy to spill.
In your case, you're well in the clear.
First, its the OP who is concerned. Second, and not to labor the point, but that seems more like supposition and not a proven fact. I'll grant you that it's unlikely eBay is actively linking accounts that old, but given their system is almost entirely automated if they want to match suspended account info with new account info, that is completely possible. You're saying its a fact that eBay doesn't keep info that long. Whether you can share your source or not, you've seen definitive proof of this?

Last edited by sardonicus; 08-14-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Sorry I did not notice my response was to you and not OP.
Understandably, it would seem like supposition to you - but that's because you do not have the facts at this time.
I stand firmly by my claim - which comes directly from eBay. In addition, it has been unwittingly stumbled upon by folks who had been suspended ages ago.

My post was to inform OP that his data from 18 years ago would not be used to compare any information he supplies if he chooses to sign up now.
I understand that there are risks involved in running off with unsubstantiated claims.

Anyone who takes an interest in the topic can investigate it further.
Unfortunately, I am unwilling to divulge further information beyond what I've posted above.
Old 08-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Understandably, it would seem like supposition to you - but that's because you do not have the facts at this time.
I stand firmly by my claim - which comes directly from eBay. In addition, it has been unwittingly stumbled upon by folks who had been suspended ages ago.

My post was to inform OP that his data from 18 years ago would not be used to compare any information he supplies if he chooses to sign up now.
I understand that there are risks involved in running off with unsubstantiated claims.

Unfortunately, I am unwilling to divulge further information beyond what I've posted above.
Done it myself with two accounts. Same real names and DOB's, different addresses to the banned. Original accounts banned about 10 years ago and NARU'd. New accounts opened about 2 years now and still running ok with paypals attached. I know from other posts on here I am not alone. I regard these accounts as legit as I own the properties that they are registered to.

The OP will need to try it themselves. Not much to lose and everything to gain, in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2020

Quote:

Given the nature of this forum and the information discussed, what is so secret about the number of years eBay retains account info? I'm just curious. Perhaps I'm missing the negative aspect of disclosing that piece of information.
Old 09-04-2020

Longevity: 52%

What about people that are happily spreading sales across many multiple stealth accounts .... what is the eventual endgame of all of this?
Old 09-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ373 View Post
What about people that are happily spreading sales across many multiple stealth accounts .... what is the eventual endgame of all of this?
Eventual endgame of the account operator is to have longterm smooth running accounts with good profit - no one likes to be axed logically but it happens.

The goal is always for profit and longetivity, hopefully.

Now, there are scammers too but that's a whole other ballgame...
Old 09-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
The solution is creating an LLC for every one of your ebay accounts. Or goto the darkside.

Your call

Or take the chance and duplicate MP stuff and hope for the best, perhaps having a different address is helpful in keeping them off your rear after you switch over the MP's
Old 09-07-2020

Longevity: 52%

So when it switches to 'Managed Payments' having an LLC will mean that I won't need to provide my real name and SSN?
Old 09-07-2020

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
So when it switches to 'Managed Payments' having an LLC will mean that I won't need to provide my real name and SSN?
You will need to provide your real name and SSN for every managed payment account, personal or business.
Because ALL information on the accounts (business name, address, phone, IP, and everything else) is different, Ebay can only link these if Adyen shares your SSN to Ebay. Remember that names never cause links as there are many people named John Smith, etc.
The big question is.... Will Adyen share sensitive data with Ebay? PayPal NEVER provided Ebay with SSN's and never will.
Old 09-09-2020

Longevity: 20%

I am in a similar situation. Opened Steath act in 2009 and have been a good little girl since then. Do you think I am ok???? Manage Acts have me so worried.
Old 10-01-2020

Longevity: 29%

I'm so utterly confused by this and am forced to join MP by next week.

So people are saying that they're signing up for MP using their real names and addresses and just hoping/assuming that MP doesn't have enough staff to deal with ensuring information matches?

And if I'm reading correctly, people are changing the name and address associated with their eBay Stealth account to their real names to match their MP's? Essentially, completely getting rid of stealth altogether?

I was under the impression name and address (particularly address) can be easily detected by Ebay for previously banned accounts. So I'm trying to make sense of all of this.

I purchased this eBay Stealth account several years ago and it's served me well. But still totally confused on how to approach this.