Future of account creation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-04-2021

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%
Default Future of account creation

I've dug around and haven't found a specific answer to what will happen to new account creation and payments when MP is the ONLY choice.

Do you have a limit you can sell up to with random details, or will you have to go through verification before you can even sell with your real information?

Do you think they will mirror etsy?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Future of account creation

That's because there is no answer yet since theres no info available.
Cant find a solution before the problem is actually there with all the details of that particular problem.
Old 01-04-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
I've dug around and haven't found a specific answer to what will happen to new account creation and payments when MP is the ONLY choice.

Do you have a limit you can sell up to with random details, or will you have to go through verification before you can even sell with your real information?

Do you think they will mirror etsy?
Not sure... but it's possible they are moving towards amazon style , we just don't know. It depends on what eBay actually has planned for the future which we can't predict.
Old 01-05-2021

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 35%

Ebay will never be like amazon. Ebay is scammer. For now they are only bothering people with good sales. They know that not everyone will want to switch to MP. They are also professional lairs telling everybody that by that date contract with paypal ends and every one will switch then they change the dates and so on. The MP will be selective by the algorithms. They really don't know how the new people who want to sell some crap will react to all the hassle of registering MP. If they make MP for everyone they will loose allot of people they know so they play safe if you sell good you will give up your freedom and register MP by giving them all the information so when they scam you they trow you to collections and drain your bank account and block you forever.
Old 01-07-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%

Today I signed up one of my stealth accounts for MP, this time was a different process than when I signed up another account in may 2020. Today I left my stealth address, used real name and when asked for SSN there was a skip option so I skipped it. I added bank account and that was it I a now signed up with MP. Also the first thing I had to do was verify phone they sent a code. I had intended to use EIN and do as a business but that was not an option. Back in may with my other account I could not skip the social so I used a family members info including SSN. Is the process different now?
Old 01-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%

That's interesting. First time Im hearing of anyone signing up without needing the SSN.
Certainly hope the method theyre using for enrolling has changed.
If anyone else could confirm this that would be great.
Old 01-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
Today I signed up one of my stealth accounts for MP, this time was a different process than when I signed up another account in may 2020. Today I left my stealth address, used real name and when asked for SSN there was a skip option so I skipped it. I added bank account and that was it I a now signed up with MP. Also the first thing I had to do was verify phone they sent a code. I had intended to use EIN and do as a business but that was not an option. Back in may with my other account I could not skip the social so I used a family members info including SSN. Is the process different now?
Interesting, i have a few set for the 22nd, but i likely will ignore it, like the December 31st accounts. I don't list a lot of new items anyway. I use 3rd party program to edit my listings so i can bypass a lot of the "revising" restrictions ebay does. I swear on my life, that i know someone who was forced to MP in July, who can still edit their quantities for sale via auctiva 7 months later, even though many on here swear it's not possible, that's because it's not possible directly on the website, i had the person i know... tell me this first hand, that it won't let you revise it on the ebay.com but on auctiva it will. note.. it will only allow you to revise quantity available.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-12-2021), solefoodbk (04-05-2021)
Old 01-11-2021

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Interesting, i have a few set for the 22nd, but i likely will ignore it, like the December 31st accounts. I don't list a lot of new items anyway. I use 3rd party program to edit my listings so i can bypass a lot of the "revising" restrictions ebay does. I swear on my life, that i know someone who was forced to MP in July, who can still edit their quantities for sale via auctiva 7 months later, even though many on here swear it's not possible, that's because it's not possible directly on the website, i had the person i know... tell me this first hand, that it won't let you revise it on the ebay.com but on auctiva it will. note.. it will only allow you to revise quantity available.
Do you know if you can schedule listings?
Old 01-12-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
I usually do auctions. The account I just signed up for MP without SSN or EIN I just sold my 1st item and so far ok, I suspect there will be a threshold and then I will be asked for my SSN. I left my stealth address only changed the name and had to enter my phone for verification
Old 01-12-2021

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
I usually do auctions. The account I just signed up for MP without SSN or EIN I just sold my 1st item and so far ok, I suspect there will be a threshold and then I will be asked for my SSN. I left my stealth address only changed the name and had to enter my phone for verification
It will happen shortly, I sold 10 books over 3 weeks for $60 and I’m hit with it
Old 01-12-2021

Longevity: 24%

Future looks bad, burn and churn accounts will be impossible, and using the same MP details will only link future accounts. Looks like game over, but there is surely a way in the future.

Time will tell...

For now, just sell as much as you can.
Old 01-12-2021

Why can’t we create a foreign account with foreign passport and say ship from USA?
Old 01-13-2021

Longevity: 22%

Probably be a lot of pump & dump accounts now. Even with that it’s a PIA.

Sell as much as you can now.

Last edited by dk1; 01-13-2021 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaywanton View Post
Future looks bad, burn and churn accounts will be impossible, and using the same MP details will only link future accounts. Looks like game over, but there is surely a way in the future.

Time will tell...

For now, just sell as much as you can.
Time will tell indeed - challenging nonetheless
Old 01-13-2021

Longevity: 20%

i doubt eBay would move onto amazon style account creation as the majority of ebay sellers are people at home wanting to flog the their second hand sht. And the other majority of buyers are people wanting to buy second health sht. So who would want to jump through hoops and submitting ID to sell one item?
Old 01-13-2021

Longevity: 24%

A lot of people would be willing to give such details i believe. Everyone is always in need of a few quid nowadays...
Old 01-13-2021

Looks like ebay is moving fast into MP now. Today I got so far 2 more account to join MP. I have a little over 30 eBay Stealth accounts. This is a challenging time not sure how to navigate through this. The account in which I have some negative feedback or had returns/cases have not received the MP request. So I guess it is a positive thing to have low performance accounts. I will let everyone know when I get the request to enter my SSN on the one I signed up 3 days ago.
Old 04-01-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

I am looking to start my first stealth business account. I got permanently banned last year on a personal account. I have my LLC and EIN. My LLC has a new address (compared to my old address on my personal account). Assuming I am required to use MP, how should I proceed when signing up?
Old 04-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The account in which I have some negative feedback or had returns/cases have not received the MP request. So I guess it is a positive thing to have low performance accounts.
Interesting theory - or they just might bring down the axe in due time?
Old 04-01-2021

So far no MP on these accounts but it is risky so basically striking a balance between good and bad performance I guess I am sure it is temporary