Seller Blocking My Bids on eBay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Seller Blocking My Bids on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I've been blocked by sellers, that got upset because I wanted a return, when they straight up lied in their listing. Sellers never want to admit fault, it seems... Even one tiny problem, and you can be blocked by a seller. Some don't want to deal with ANY problem at all, whether or not they were at fault. Can't blame them sometimes tho. We've become very jaded by ebay against buyers.
And how many of these sellers did you go out of your way to try to do business with again? by resorting to stealth techniques no less?
Its the seller's right to choose who he sells to and who he doesn't wish to do business with any more. Trying to force him to do business with you is wrong. That's just how I see it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

Although you come across as nice and reasonable here, you're trying to force this guy to sell to you by lying to him, which is just more of the same stuff that got you cut off in the first place.

I think you should go somewhere else and consider this a lesson learned.

He's blocked you, and that's a very clear message.

He's telling you "GO AWAY!!!! DON'T COME BACK!!!!" and you JUST WON'T GO AWAY.

He's saying he doesn't want your money under any conditions. Wow, just wow.

Try showing some respect, which is something you didn't do before, and clearly still haven't learned now.

Your behavior by trying to hide your identity is the very definition of being a BAD BUYER.

Just sayin'
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Although you come across as nice and reasonable here, you're trying to force this guy to sell to you by lying to him, which is just more of the same stuff that got you cut off in the first place.

Try showing some respect, which is something you didn't do before, and clearly still haven't learned now.

Your behavior by trying to hide your identity is the very definition of being a BAD BUYER.

Just sayin'
It is a complicated situation. Read the other posts above. I'm not a bad buyer. He is kind of a bad seller by not accurately detailing the items he is selling. I requested too many returns? Shouldn't that motivate him to provide more accurate listings?

I really have been open and communicative with him on this whole process. Even trying to provide creative alternatives by not requesting any future returns to help his seller metrics. And that's what I going to do going forward so it doesn't bother him anymore.

Everybody wins!
Old 05-17-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:

Just sayin'
You say that to him. But you can say that to most of the ebay sellers on here....

Quote:
Although you come across as nice and reasonable here, you're trying to force ebay to list your stuff by lying to them, which is just more of the same stuff that got you cut off in the first place.

They've banned you, and that's a very clear message.

They are telling you "GO AWAY!!!! DON'T COME BACK!!!!" and you JUST WON'T GO AWAY.

They are saying they don't want your money under any conditions. Wow, just wow.

Your behavior by trying to hide your identity is the very definition of being a BAD SELLER.
See how that works?
Old 05-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
If this is the case then why go through al this trouble to force a seller to deal with you after he said in a very absolute manner that he does NOT want to do business with this buyer any more?
Why go through all the trouble to sell on ebay when they clearly said in a very absolute manner that they do not want to do business with you?

Because sometimes, there are no other alternatives. Sometimes a seller has a product you need, that no one else offers. I couldn't give a crap if they banned me, for some stupid reason, which it usually is. If I need something they are selling, I need something they are selling.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjosh99 View Post
It is a complicated situation. Read the other posts above. I'm not a bad buyer. He is kind of a bad seller by not accurately detailing the items he is selling. I requested too many returns? Shouldn't that motivate him to provide more accurate listings?

I really have been open and communicative with him on this whole process. Even trying to provide creative alternatives by not requesting any future returns to help his seller metrics. And that's what I going to do going forward so it doesn't bother him anymore.

Everybody wins!
If a seller sells something thats inaccurate then I wont be back...
As a seller who gets complaints from the same customer(s) I wont sell to them...

This is a business...not a friendship ring..
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Why go through all the trouble to sell on ebay when they clearly said in a very absolute manner that they do not want to do business with you?

Because sometimes, there are no other alternatives. Sometimes a seller has a product you need, that no one else offers. I couldn't give a crap if they banned me, for some stupid reason, which it usually is. If I need something they are selling, I need something they are selling.
Sounds like your next step in this situation (if you were the OP) would be to threaten the seller with multiple bogus negative feedbacks if he doesn't agree to sell to you.
No disrespect but the world doesn't revolve around you. If someone doesn't want to sell to you then you trying to FORCE them to sell to you is just plain wrong. No two ways about it.
And OP - there is nothing complicated about this situation. You pissed off the seller and he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. Pretty simple situation. YOU are trying to complicate matters by forcing him to sell to you and going stealth to try to accomplish this. Mess things up and the seller will know its you and report you to ebay - so yes your original account CAN and WILL get linked to this situation and Theresa good possibility youll lose it as well for circumventing eBay's policies.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Stop giving advice to this guy, no need to fuel another annoying ebay buyer with knowledge.

Every now and then I have an annoying customer complain about stupid crap, give me a hard time, make unreasonable demands. They get blocked real quick. Why? Because if they aren't able to buy there's 10 other people that will and they won't give me a hard time.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

...this escalated quickly...
Old 05-17-2017

Quote:
Sounds like your next step in this situation (if you were the OP) would be to threaten the seller with multiple bogus negative feedbacks if he doesn't agree to sell to you.
No disrespect but the world doesn't revolve around you. If someone doesn't want to sell to you then you trying to FORCE them to sell to you is just plain wrong. No two ways about it.
And OP - there is nothing complicated about this situation. You pissed off the seller and he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. Pretty simple situation. YOU are trying to complicate matters by forcing him to sell to you and going stealth to try to accomplish this. Mess things up and the seller will know its you and report you to ebay - so yes your original account CAN and WILL get linked to this situation and Theresa good possibility youll lose it as well for circumventing eBay's policies.
You're still ignoring the HUGE pink elephant in the room. Your entire business is predicated on creating accounts, for people that pissed off ebay, and to force ebay to list your stuff.... If you can explain to me, how your morals some how allow you to overlook that, yet at the same time, feel personally insulted by someone wanting to buy from a seller that banned them. If ebay doesn't want to do business with you, why are you forcing them?

And IT'S NOT AGAINST EBAY POLICY, so he can report to ebay all he wants. Show me somewhere that prevents a buyer from buying from someone, on their buyers account, when their sellers account is banned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mrjosh99 (05-17-2017), phaz0rz (05-19-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You're still ignoring the HUGE pink elephant in the room. Your entire business is predicated on creating accounts, for people that pissed off ebay, and to force ebay to list your stuff.... If you can explain to me, how your morals some how allow you to overlook that, yet at the same time, feel personally insulted by someone wanted to buy from a seller that banned them.

And IT'S NOT AGAINST EBAY POLICY, so he can report to ebay all he wants. Show me somewhere that prevents a buyer from buying from someone, on their buyers account, when their sellers account is banned.
nail on the head.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
nail on the head.
Wrong. Definitely wrong. Keep on reading friend.

Quote:
You're still ignoring the HUGE pink elephant in the room. Your entire business is predicated on creating accounts, for people that pissed off ebay, and to force ebay to list your stuff.... If you can explain to me, how your morals some how allow you to overlook that, yet at the same time, feel personally insulted by someone wanting to buy from a seller that banned them. If ebay doesn't want to do business with you, why are you forcing them?

Youre comparing oranges and apples.
Helping people to get back to sell on ebay is nothing like this situation.
In my case youre dealing with a faceless multi billion corporation (and its bots) who has unreasonable policies in place that in most cases suspends people and hurts their livelihood for no good reason. That's wholly on the seller side of things.
This situation is wholly on the buyer's side of things. In THIS case youre talking about a seller - an individual who works for his livelihood - who has agreed to deal with the OP quite a number of times and after things didn't work out more than once twice or three times has decided he doesn't want to do business with him again.
If I have a store and my landlord decides to terminate my lease for whatever reason I can go and rent another store down the street. If someone comes into my store and gives me crap about something he bought time and time again I WILL REFUSE TO SERVE THEM AGAIN! If that seller then comes in again wearing a disguise I might sell to him if I don't recognize him (or kick him out if I do) but ill definitely know its him if he complains yet again.
I don't understand why youre having such a difficult time seeing this.
And OP - WHY on earth are you trying to force someone to sell to you when they sold you faulty goods several times and now tell you theyre not even interested in your business? Do you know how poorly this situation portraits you?
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

For the record - no one is telling OP not to try to do things stealth. BUt understand what is involved.
I know that if it was me and I realized he was trying to circumvent the policies id keep the money and not send anything - or rather send a package with tracking that contained nothing. Sure you can then go into disputes but trust me if he tries hard enough he can even win that.
If ebay catches someone they suspended trying to sell on their system again they can only suspend you again. If this guy catches you circumventing his policies he can do more than that. You really want to go to war with this guy for doing what any other seller here would do in his place?
Ask yourself why youre getting so very little sympathy here to your situation.
Old 05-17-2017

Gotta agree with slokor...

I was restricted when 1 buyer left 36 negative feedbacks and 36 1 star DSR's on 36 separate purchases. Overnight I was shut down. No possible appeal, no options left but stealth.

This seller deals in open box, returned problem items.

This buyer KNOWS these are damaged goods.

He says "I bought a $100 thing for $3, and it wasn't worth $100. The seller should have told me it was only worth $3, so I made him pay to take it back, and it's ALL the SELLERS fault".

This buyer steals the seller's time and money, and when the seller tries to protect himself, this guy wants to keep on battering him.

I've had businesses where I buy lots of damaged goods and try to turn two valueless items into one whole valuable one.

If this guy wants to be in that business he needs to accept the risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I was restricted when 1 buyer left 36 negative feedbacks and 36 1 star DSR's on 36 separate purchases. Overnight I was shut down. No possible appeal, no options left but stealth.

He says "I bought a $100 thing for $3, and it wasn't worth $100. The seller should have told me it was only worth $3, so I made him pay to take it back, and it's ALL the SELLERS fault".

This buyer steals the seller's time and money, and when the seller tries to protect himself, this guy wants to keep on battering him.

I've had businesses where I buy lots of damaged goods and try to turn two valueless items into one whole valuable one.

Alright, I'll end with one response, and I'm done. Because some of you folks clearly don't know me at all. I'm not trying to take advantage of this seller at all. I'm not Dr. Evil. I've never left a negative feedback for him. I only opened up returns requests when the item I received was damaged or heavily used. I sell on eBay too, and know the heartaches of keeping metrics up. That's why I wanted to come up with a creative solution with him on how to handle this.

So please, calm down everyone. You think I've been trolling this seller for years. Not at all. I've actually had a productive relationship where I've purchased thousands of dollars from them over the past 6 months. I've also bid (sniped) on hundreds of other items (which I didn't win), but helped raise the closing bid for a higher revenue on their sales.

It has been a win/win for both parties. It just would have been helpful to have some sort of warning from the seller that I had too many returns...or needed to limit them to a certain number per month, etc. Or something. Just communicate and let me know. Why does someone have to lose?

Thank you for the input on both sides of the opinion. Please understand that there will be no return requests going forward anyways. So everyone wins.

And to everyone...a good night!
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

It's funny how long this thread went on. Wow... just wow lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroSS For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
That's why I wanted to come up with a creative solution with him on how to handle this.
ha...funny way to put an innocent tone to your schemes.

Quote:
It just would have been helpful to have some sort of warning from the seller that I had too many returns...or needed to limit them to a certain number per month, etc. Or something. Just communicate and let me know. Why does someone have to lose?
done this before...then bam, buyers leave negative feedback because i offended their poor little feelings.

the solution is block block block.

Last edited by unkown5454; 05-18-2017 at 02:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017

Quote:

As a seller, I probably wouldn't want to deal with this buyer. So it's amazing, that I'm having to defend him against you guys.

Your scenario is made up, unless I"m blind and miss something. If the buyer and seller had the type of interaction that you've described, then sure. But all WE have seen, is the buyer bought stuff from a seller, and on multiple occasions ( out of how many???), the buyer received things that were not described accurately. If the seller said " This lot is worth $100", and it wasn't, THEN you'd have a point. If the seller said " you're getting such and such item" or " you're getting 10 of these items", and you get 5 items, and the lot was actually only worth $20, then the buyer has a point.

You guys are all assuming things, and railing on the OP due to your own biases from dealing with bad buyers. I've bought 1000's of things, so I guess I can look at it from a buyers perspective, while the rest of you can't get out of the seller bubble of thinking.

I remember you guys gave me crap ( not YOU personally) because I bought something from a seller, and it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and you jerks railed on me, that I should just accept that, because it's the risk of doing business. Umm, no, sorry, not going to roll over like you guys seem to suggest.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mrjosh99 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017

Quote:
Wrong. Definitely wrong. Keep on reading friend.

Youre comparing oranges and apples.
Helping people to get back to sell on ebay is nothing like this situation.
In my case youre dealing with a faceless multi billion corporation (and its bots) who has unreasonable policies in place that in most cases suspends people and hurts their livelihood for no good reason. That's wholly on the seller side of things.
This situation is wholly on the buyer's side of things. In THIS case youre talking about a seller - an individual who works for his livelihood - who has agreed to deal with the OP quite a number of times and after things didn't work out more than once twice or three times has decided he doesn't want to do business with him again.
If I have a store and my landlord decides to terminate my lease for whatever reason I can go and rent another store down the street. If someone comes into my store and gives me crap about something he bought time and time again I WILL REFUSE TO SERVE THEM AGAIN! If that seller then comes in again wearing a disguise I might sell to him if I don't recognize him (or kick him out if I do) but ill definitely know its him if he complains yet again.
I don't understand why youre having such a difficult time seeing this.
And OP - WHY on earth are you trying to force someone to sell to you when they sold you faulty goods several times and now tell you theyre not even interested in your business? Do you know how poorly this situation portraits you?
Keep rationalizing it all you want. I mean no offense by this, but you couldn't be more bias. You're an accounts seller. The day you come on here and agree with me, I'll eat my shorts.

And you have no idea who the seller is. Could be a huge company. There are people here that pay $30,000 in FEES a MONTH, on ONE account. You might view ebay as faceless, and couldn't care less ( which I agree), but that doesn't change the facts. The situations are the same. Your moral views of the situation are the only thing different. You're making the same argument as every single shoplifter on the planet. " oh but it's target, they have enough money. I'd never steal from a person tho!!".

Yeah, ebay is ****ty. Yeah, ebay suspends people for no reason. But guess what. Sellers are ****ty too. They lie. They cheat. They steal. And they ban people that have REAL grievances towards the seller, because they are too chicken **** to own up to their own faults in selling, or abuse the selling platform to sell junk. I can't even count the amount of times I've bought something, described as excellent condition, and it looked like someone ran over it with a truck.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017

James13v, your advice is always great, and I understand what you're saying, it's just that I'm personally willing to take a large amount of **** from regular buyers before I cut them off.

And I purchase everything I sell, so I know exactly what's it's like to be a buyer as well, and I want a trouble-free, honest transaction on both ends.

This guy seems like the proverbial burned out light bulb - it only takes one guy to unscrew it but the bulb has to WANT to change.

I truly do hope it all goes well for him, and I wish him good luck, and he needs to remember people mostly make their own luck.

Mostly I'm hoping to convince him this is serious business, and he truly needs to change his ways.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-21-2017)
Old 05-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Keep rationalizing it all you want. I mean no offense by this, but you couldn't be more bias. You're an accounts seller. The day you come on here and agree with me, I'll eat my shorts.

And you have no idea who the seller is. Could be a huge company. There are people here that pay $30,000 in FEES a MONTH, on ONE account. You might view ebay as faceless, and couldn't care less ( which I agree), but that doesn't change the facts. The situations are the same. Your moral views of the situation are the only thing different. You're making the same argument as every single shoplifter on the planet. " oh but it's target, they have enough money. I'd never steal from a person tho!!".

Yeah, ebay is ****ty. Yeah, ebay suspends people for no reason. But guess what. Sellers are ****ty too. They lie. They cheat. They steal. And they ban people that have REAL grievances towards the seller, because they are too chicken **** to own up to their own faults in selling, or abuse the selling platform to sell junk. I can't even count the amount of times I've bought something, described as excellent condition, and it looked like someone ran over it with a truck.
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.
You making all these claims about me being biased are a bunch of garbage. You dont know me. You dont know what I do for a living. You know absolutely nothing of my personal ebay selling practices and THAT is a fact.
Ive had to deal with good buyers and Ive had to deal with a minority of crappy buyers and when I come across a REAL crappy buyer I block them. I had a few situations where these crappy (and now blocked) buyers tried to pull this same exact stunt and the first time they do it I allowed it explaining to them the next time they do it Ill keep their money and not send a thing. Ive actually done that a couple of times as well - then after WINNIG the disputes they filed I refunded their money anyway - cause it was about making a point (one they got).
So dont come preaching to me about my morals and comparing THIS situation to how I HELP people in getting back on ebay. Harassing a fellow seller VS helping other sellers sell again are two VERY different things no matter how you try to color it friend. What I do and what OP wants to do are two VERY DIFFERENT things - and a majority of the readers of this thread agree with me - despite everything you say and think about it.
You talk about $hitty sellers. Yes there are plenty of them - BUT ITS OP WHO INSISTS ON DEALING WITH THIS GUY!!! And its this $hitty seller who is telling him NO!!! which part of that are you not getting?!
By the way - you comparing me (and by extension every other account and service seller in the seller section) to a shoplifter is quite offensive and I do believe that I (and the rest of the sellers) am owed an apology. Im not stealing from ebay - if anything Im generating more business for them by allowing people to use their platform again. But somehow you dont strike me as the type to get that or to admit to his mistakes let alone apologize for them.
Now I - like the OP - am done with this thread. I dont give two $hits what you think of me (and the other sellers apparently) but you should rethink your attitude cause the words you wrote were just wrong and offensive (and writing 'no offense' doesnt change that fact).
Old 05-20-2017

Wow, this got a bit overheated, time to calm down!

We can disagree with each other and still be polite, and still be friends, we're all on the same side here.... I think!