ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014 - Page 12 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default re: ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014

Clothing still ticking along. Shame about the high number of returns during December.
I sell clothes that are more popular during Autumn to end of Spring as weather warms up sales drop.

June July August goes very quiet.

Last edited by luverlyjuberly; 01-10-2015 at 11:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I have seen eBay is laying off employees. All the Financial news outlets seem to claim eBay is losing market share. I am sure it depends on the category. None the less they are laying off employees.
Old 01-23-2015

Well my main range (clothes) sales have completely died after selling nicely since Christmas. my last sale was Saturday!
I've been selling some cheap items to boost defect rate and luckily they are still ticking along.
Old 01-23-2015

Longevity: 53%

I am selling more now than I was before Xmas.

I saw an article yesterday that eBay was upset about last years earnings - maybe they shouldn't have shut down so many of us!
The Following User Says Thank You to applebaum For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015

Longevity: 55%

Exactly, what is happening to them now is clearly a case of what goes around comes around, they dropped the sellers and now droves of sellers are leaving them anyway, they have forgotten about really good customer service, which should be the very essence of what they are about
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

every damn time I have a very good day of sales, I get ZERO SALES the next few days. I hate you ebay. Let us grow at OUR own pace, not yours. ugh.... Rant over.
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
every damn time I have a very good day of sales, I get ZERO SALES the next few days. I hate you ebay. Let us grow at OUR own pace, not yours. ugh.... Rant over.

How old and stablished is that/those accounts? How many accounts are you using to avoid that?
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Is this sales blocking real?
Any links or threads about it?
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosky View Post
How old and stablished is that/those accounts? How many accounts are you using to avoid that?
5 year old account selling $6-10,000 a month. Would be more then $10k if it wasn't for ebay. I only have one other account, that I sell a different product on.
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
google ebay throttling
Old 01-26-2015

Cheers! I've had some very odd sales patterns over the last couple of years. )Off to do some reading.
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

sales thrott;ing and visability manipulation of BIN is very real. Bigger the account the more effected.
Run five ten accounts at one time with the same items/categories and you will see this very clearly.
Visibility manipulation gets harder and harder even with auctions.
Old 01-26-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
It's definitely real, there has been a huge change from 14 months ago to now, I used to nurture Stealths for 3 months with low cost items and once the holds were lifted Id list an item I sell and if I had 100 item limit I would sell all 100 BIN listings for $60 within 2 days and it was like that for over a year from the time I started selling

Than after the holidays last year maybe February or March it was a dramatic difference, I would not be able to sell even one of these items on a TRS account as a BIN listing

I switched to Auctions and yes would sell at 100% but was struggling to sell the item that would fly for $60 BIN FOR $40 range Auction

So I thought maybe it was the item until I did something I usually don't do in a newish account and I listed it BIN for $60 again and on the new account I had 6 listed and they all sold within the hour, while the same item on my TRS accounts were struggling in Auctions to break $40

So now I try to rotate new Accounts and I actually am getting higher Sales for this item in New Accounts

But once the Account has PayPal holds the item struggles to sell, so I keep it always rotating on newer Accounts

There are certain higher priced items I'll use aged accounts for with no holds
Old 01-26-2015

Most of my sales are BIN in the same category. I've tripled my number of these BINs but sales have hardly risen even though my photographs have become more professional and I have expanded the sizes and brands of my items.
I've been scratching my head over it for 12 months.
The only time sales improved was in the run up to Christmas and then not significantly.
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Most of my sales are BIN in the same category. I've tripled my number of these BINs but sales have hardly risen even though my photographs have become more professional and I have expanded the sizes and brands of my items.
I've been scratching my head over it for 12 months.
The only time sales improved was in the run up to Christmas and then not significantly.
Mix in auctions and your sales and visibility will explode. Use relist instead of sell similar when listing.
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Mix in auctions and your sales and visibility will explode. Use relist instead of sell similar when listing.

When you use this method do you recommend a store too so people can jump into it from auctions or no store at all?
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It's definitely real, there has been a huge change from 14 months ago to now, I used to nurture Stealths for 3 months with low cost items and once the holds were lifted Id list an item I sell and if I had 100 item limit I would sell all 100 BIN listings for $60 within 2 days and it was like that for over a year from the time I started selling

Than after the holidays last year maybe February or March it was a dramatic difference, I would not be able to sell even one of these items on a TRS account as a BIN listing

I switched to Auctions and yes would sell at 100% but was struggling to sell the item that would fly for $60 BIN FOR $40 range Auction

So I thought maybe it was the item until I did something I usually don't do in a newish account and I listed it BIN for $60 again and on the new account I had 6 listed and they all sold within the hour, while the same item on my TRS accounts were struggling in Auctions to break $40

So now I try to rotate new Accounts and I actually am getting higher Sales for this item in New Accounts

But once the Account has PayPal holds the item struggles to sell, so I keep it always rotating on newer Accounts

There are certain higher priced items I'll use aged accounts for with no holds

You mean after PayPal holds are done you see decrease visibility? After roughly 3 months then?
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Using auctions, will explode visibility of the auctions, or of everything I sell?

I use relist for items with watchers. I was told sell similar isn't much better, and that you should just do fresh listings.

3 days and ZERO SALES. After having the best sales day of my life. And weekends are normally my best days.
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Using auctions, will explode visibility of the auctions, or of everything I sell?

I use relist for items with watchers. I was told sell similar isn't much better, and that you should just do fresh listings.

3 days and ZERO SALES. After having the best sales day of my life. And weekends are normally my best days.
Your items may not be good for auctions. I would test it with your most popular item.

Relist items with watchers even when making a new listing.
Old 01-26-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
You mean after PayPal holds are done you see decrease visibility? After roughly 3 months then?
Yes, they seem to give extra traffic and Visibility to new members, maybe because new members pay the highest fees, also to lure them in thinking it will always be like this with sales,

Also new sellers are under a lot more control with lower limits and PayPal holds, so it could be a trick PayPal uses

If you really were new, and didn't realize that making a lot of sales right away can get your account limited, than its kind of like a trap, open traffic to a new seller let them get a quick $1000 in Sales and than send them a MC999 and now PayPal has an extra $1000 to make money with for a 180 days

But either way you look at it , allowing new sellers more visibility and traffic than some TRS aged accounts, is just a sneaky Manipulation to increase their bottom line, because it makes no sense to do that other than their own personal gain, and does nothing for a aged proven seller

They make a lot more money from new sellers so that's how they set this terrible system up for is the new seller, so that's how i structure my business plan in order to keep Sales growing

I miss the way it was , because it was great once the holds were gone , but now once the holds are gone the account at least to me is not as Valuable for everyday use.

But they are good to go back to for the Holidays, so all year I use new accounts and once they are aged I'll just run some cheap items to keep me going, and once the holidays come I have a nice group with no holds

Just craziness but it's the game you need to play if u want to make money with eBay
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
outofluck (01-27-2015)
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yes, they seem to give extra traffic and Visibility to new members, maybe because new members pay the highest fees, also to lure them in thinking it will always be like this with sales,

Also new sellers are under a lot more control with lower limits and PayPal holds, so it could be a trick PayPal uses

If you really were new, and didn't realize that making a lot of sales right away can get your account limited, than its kind of like a trap, open traffic to a new seller let them get a quick $1000 in Sales and than send them a MC999 and now PayPal has an extra $1000 to make money with for a 180 days

But either way you look at it , allowing new sellers more visibility and traffic than some TRS aged accounts, is just a sneaky Manipulation to increase their bottom line, because it makes no sense to do that other than their own personal gain, and does nothing for a aged proven seller

They make a lot more money from new sellers so that's how they set this terrible system up for is the new seller, so that's how i structure my business plan in order to keep Sales growing

I miss the way it was , because it was great once the holds were gone , but now once the holds are gone the account at least to me is not as Valuable for everyday use.

But they are good to go back to for the Holidays, so all year I use new accounts and once they are aged I'll just run some cheap items to keep me going, and once the holidays come I have a nice group with no holds

Just craziness but it's the game you need to play if u want to make money with eBay

It definitely sucks! I hate when I have to switch accounts to spread sales and end my BIN listings with hundreds of sales that are ranked high in searches to start new
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
It definitely sucks! I hate when I have to switch accounts to spread sales and end my BIN listings with hundreds of sales that are ranked high in searches to start new
That does suck ...but it does beat a limited pp account and loss of function...