weird return - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default weird return

Customer received an item, claimed that "one of the parts is broken", opened return. I refused to accept the return, as his claims are not realistic, the part that he claimed to be broken is located deep inside and to physically damage it, the item must be run over by an elephant. And it part was 100% safe when I packed the box. I asked for photos supporting his claim, 2 times already, he is not answering. What would be the best way to do? It is a stealth business account, both EB and PP fully verified in all possible ways, with 100% positive feedback and a store attached.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: weird return

And the value of the item is.................

Old 05-03-2015
Threadstarter  

around 60 pounds
Old 05-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Not much you can do really - if he opens a claim...you will likely be forced by eb to accept return. Tough fight for you - do you have photos to prove you thoroughly inspected item with witness?
Old 05-03-2015
Threadstarter  

I can send in photos of how the item looked like before I shipped it. The part that is claimed to be damaged, is located deep inside, and to damage it, the box and all items inside should be destroyed as well. And buyer refuses to send photos of the damages. Do I have any chance of resolving it in a better way? OR maybe I should report him that he wants refund and does not upload any evidences, so he is a scammer?
Old 05-03-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I can send in photos of how the item looked like before I shipped it. The part that is claimed to be damaged, is located deep inside, and to damage it, the box and all items inside should be destroyed as well. And buyer refuses to send photos of the damages. Do I have any chance of resolving it in a better way? OR maybe I should report him that he wants refund and does not upload any evidences, so he is a scammer?
60 quid worth the trouble? I assume with having an store you make some money and the loss won't hurt too much. See it as cost of doing business.
In the past I would have been outraged too, but now I will factors this kind of costumers and returns in general into the selling price.
Ask him to send the item back, refund him, black list him, close case, continue making money

I had an idiot today on Amazon, he asked for refund saying "item no longer wanted" because box was dirty (I know the box was clean when I shipped it, unless DHL opened it and made it dirty). I loose more money when he sends it back than if I give a partial refund thats why I offer him partial refund. He wanted a refund of half of the selling price which I could not accept so I told him to send the item back. I guess thats when he figured that he has to pay for the shipping cost and started to claim it is the wrong item. 30 minutes after that claim he send another message that he would accept a partial refund of usd75. I accepted. ....... Why I accepted, to avoid negative feedback, to avoid to get an item back that he could have damaged, or even worse just send me the box, etc... not worth it all the troubles because of one black sheep
Old 05-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
hmm sounds like someone is going to send you an empty box or a box of books back.
Old 05-03-2015
Threadstarter  

It is not an issue to refund and ban this scumbag. It is an issue for me that it would count as a defect. And 8 defects per year mean getting kicked from the ebay for low seller performance. And such scumbags come to me like one per month. I wonder what will happen, if I get more than 8 returns during one year?
Old 05-03-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
It is not an issue to refund and ban this scumbag. It is an issue for me that it would count as a defect. And 8 defects per year mean getting kicked from the ebay for low seller performance. And such scumbags come to me like one per month. I wonder what will happen, if I get more than 8 returns during one year?
You can get more than 8 defects, it's just as soon as you get 8 defects the percentage kicks in, but before the 8 it goes by count and not percentage because your just starting and your sales count is low

So eBay actually made a good rule their to help sellers and said that the percentage won't start until u receive 8 defects

So by the time u receive 8 you should have say at least around 300 sales so 8 defects with 300 sales is 2.6% defect rate
Old 05-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You can get more than 8 defects, it's just as soon as you get 8 defects the percentage kicks in, but before the 8 it goes by count and not percentage because your just starting and your sales count is low

So eBay actually made a good rule their to help sellers and said that the percentage won't start until u receive 8 defects

So by the time u receive 8 you should have say at least around 300 sales so 8 defects with 300 sales is 2.6% defect rate
Thanks for clarifying! For new sellers, the limit is 8 returns. And if I get the percentage gauge (after getting 8 returns), what is the lowest acceptable digit percentage?