Changing your EBAY name, address, account details. Safe? What address to give EBAY? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-22-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Changing your EBAY name, address, account details. Safe? What address to give EBAY?

Funny. eBay mails some certificates if you become power seller with all this praise.

If someone's address is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then either it comes back or more likely some random person gets the power seller stuff.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yep, that's why I try to keep the address real by listing an address a street or two away.
Old 04-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

why would you want a ebay certificate? as much as I depend on Ebay I hate them so much hehe XD I dont' want to even think about Ebay if I don't have to
The Following User Says Thank You to ihatebay For This Useful Post:
ebayerOG (09-21-2010)
Old 04-27-2007

Default Is it worth it/safe to change your ebay name? EBAY account details? Address?

Hi, I know that once your account is suspended, you would want to create a new account with a different physical address. However, there are some people that don't have any relatives or friends so they can't use their addresses on a new account. But I guess you can open a PO Box with the post office and use that PO Box as your shipping address (you have to pay additional fee for the PO Box though). Now, my question is, if I modify few letters on my current suspended physical addess, will that be able to fool ebay that I live on a completely different location and not get linked with the suspended address ? For example, my suspended address is "12345 Washington St." and I re-register with "12345" Washington Avenue." or even add an apartment number to the end "12345 Washington St. Apt. # A", will I be able to fool ebay into a new address ? or I may still be linked to the suspended account ? thank you for your input.
Old 04-27-2007

Hmmm, I think the Apt #A is a great idea, and don't think ebay will catch that. Since it goes directly to your house, and since there aren't different apts, the mailman should just put it in your mailbox without hesitation. And ebay can't possibly know if that address is a multi-complex residence or not. So I like the Apt. #A idea, better than changing St. to Ave.

Maybe Aspkin or Modee have some input on this.
Old 04-27-2007
Administrator

Member423 that'll work. As with the guide, changing the street address even a little bit will work.
Old 06-08-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Is it worth it/safe to change your ebay name? EBAY account details? Address?

Anyone know if there's any danger in changing a pay to email address for a specific ebay account from one paypal account to another paypal account?
Old 06-08-2007

ehh... can you reword your question? I didn't get that.
Old 06-08-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifreewillie View Post
ehh... can you reword your question? I didn't get that.
Ohhhhkay. Have new (3 weeks old) ebay account currently having payments sent to Paypal account A using "send payment to" email address of AAA@AAA.com. Want to change it by having payments sent to Paypal account B using "send payment to" email address of BBB@BBB.com.

Basically, does paypal keep track of/care if a specific ebay account pays to more than one paypal account over the life of the ebay account?
Old 06-09-2007

They Shouldn't. I don't see any problem with this.
Old 06-16-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default First post here! - ? about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/address

Hey first off I want to say thanks to the admin for starting the guide and putting up the forums.. I've really learned a lot in a short amount of time here. Anyway the coast seems clear except for some loose ends I still need to tie up. Some of them I forget, but I'll post them when I remember. :o

Well here's my question for now. Wouldn't having the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on file with eBay mess things up as far as people shipping items to you, and also with your customers trying to send money order payments (in the rare cases it comes to that)? Like it would just get to the point where you have to tell your buyer/seller "hey ignore this address eBay has on file, I gave it to them as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗!" It's probably not that big a deal, but with all the jerks and snitch eBayers out there I guess I'm just being paranoid. I don't know.

This especially concerns me now, as I heard that eBay just recently changed their policy to be even more gestapo-ish and now they even snoop through the contents of private messages that users send other users. Geez this seems like walking on eggshells sometimes!
Old 06-16-2007

Mostly buyers don't mind sending the money order where you tell them because ebay does not give any buyer protection for this form of payment anyway. So, anyone sending a money order should already know there's more risk, so most don't care if you give them a different address.
Old 06-17-2007
Administrator

This is true. Having a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on your account can cause problems if doing money orders or buying items. An option that can solve this would be a P.O. Box. Most members go this route once there new eBay account is established and going strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Hey first off I want to say thanks to the admin for starting the guide and putting up the forums.. I've really learned a lot in a short amount of time here. Anyway the coast seems clear except for some loose ends I still need to tie up. Some of them I forget, but I'll post them when I remember. :o

Well here's my question for now. Wouldn't having the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on file with eBay mess things up as far as people shipping items to you, and also with your customers trying to send money order payments (in the rare cases it comes to that)? Like it would just get to the point where you have to tell your buyer/seller "hey ignore this address eBay has on file, I gave it to them as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗!" It's probably not that big a deal, but with all the jerks and snitch eBayers out there I guess I'm just being paranoid. I don't know.

This especially concerns me now, as I heard that eBay just recently changed their policy to be even more gestapo-ish and now they even snoop through the contents of private messages that users send other users. Geez this seems like walking on eggshells sometimes!
Old 06-17-2007
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
This is true. Having a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on your account can cause problems if doing money orders or buying items. An option that can solve this would be a P.O. Box. Most members go this route once there new eBay account is established and going strong.
So I take it that PO boxes (I have one w/ the UPS store) normally don't care if your mailbox receives packages under a totally different name?
Old 06-18-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
So I take it that PO boxes (I have one w/ the UPS store) normally don't care if your mailbox receives packages under a totally different name?
That's probably something you need to ask your friendly UPS lady.
Old 06-18-2007
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
That's probably something you need to ask your friendly UPS lady.
Okay, I will

..but just out of curiousity has anyone gotten away with doing this with any kind of PO box before?
Old 06-18-2007
Threadstarter  

The problem is, though, that even with PO Boxes you'll have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and it'll be hard to deposit the money orders. Even if you try to sign it over to someone else, if you do that constantly the bank could get suspicious. What then?
Old 06-18-2007
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
The problem is, though, that even with PO Boxes you'll have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and it'll be hard to deposit the money orders. Even if you try to sign it over to someone else, if you do that constantly the bank could get suspicious. What then?
I was specifically talking about buying items when I said that, but yeah you have a point.. With money orders I would just tell the customer myself who to make it out to (my real name) I guess?
Old 06-19-2007
Administrator

You shouldn't have a problem with this. Just remeber not to link your Paypal and eBay account, and you'll be okay.
Old 08-21-2007

Default Changing Information

If you plan to link a paypal account to ebay, can you go into your paypal and change the address before linking (the idea being that former address is from a former suspended ebay user) and be ok after you set up the link? Or does Paypal keep all the data forever no matter how many changes you make?

And since it never was answered, I'll ask again...does anyone know if removing your paypal email from a linked account will save you from that account becoming suspended/limited if that ebay account ever had any problems. OR...once again Paypal keeps all this information forever and the simple act of removing information or email addresses won't save you in the event of a problem?
Old 08-21-2007
Administrator

If you link your eBay and Paypal accounts together, then all information between accounts will be shared. If your Paypal account has been linked to a suspended eBay account in the past, and you link your new accounts… your eBay account will be suspended... If you're using a new Paypal account, never linked to an eBay account you should be okay to link with your new eBay account as long as your address and email addresses are not associated with a suspended account.

If you remove a suspended email address of your Paypal account, I haven't seen any evidence that Paypal retains this information and shares it later when linked to an eBay account. Then again, I never had to link accounts. Same thing with your address.
Old 08-21-2007

Longevity: 96%

This is exactly what I have been wondering!!!
Here is my situation:

1)setup EB and PP account using email "A"
2)get a couple of VeRO warnings
3)setup EB account using email "B" just in case
4)add "B" to PP
5)EB account "A" gets shut down for good
6)use EB account "B" for over a year and 100 transaction with 100% positive feedback.
7)List (is this what is meant by linking?) email "B" as payment address for PP
8)pay for many auctions using EB checkout with my "B" address at PP
9)my seller fees on acct "B" become overdue so I use the provided link to sign into PP to pay them...(here is the catch, I might have signed into PP with the old banned "A" address, therefore inadvertantly turning myself in...I am not sure)
10)immeadiately go back to EB to resume business to find out that "B" has been shut down for being associated to "A".
11)go back to PP and drain all but $30 with no problems.
12)remove email "A" from my PP account.

Okay, based on what you are saying can I add address "C" which has already been used to successfully open a new EB account, to PP and the remove "B" from PP and therefore any link to the old offending EB accounts?

If that is the case, then I am home free...just get a CC with number to start selling again on EB.

The only thing that I can think of is I might not want to remove "B" too quickly because it might raise some suspicions at PP.
If it makes any difference I have a verfied,premier PP account.