Home  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

If you bought eBay Stealth or Amazon Ghost, you can get six-months free as a paid subscriber.

Being a Subscribed Member grants you access to the private forums, live forum chat, larger PM box, and no pop-ups ads among other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Guide

Amazon Suspension Guide
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Increase the selling limit eBay places on new accounts.

Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me in the past.

I've had a stealth account for 93 days now and it is all running fine. PayPal is linked to eBay. PayPal is verified and funds have been added and withdrawn from the account. eBay account has 65 100% Positive feedback and the account has had 0 cases in the resolution centre. In total I have sold 87 items in the past 93 days.

I currently have a selling restriction of 50 items per month or a sterling figure of something like 650.

Ideally I would like the account to be free from any restriction so that I can list around a 1000 items. What is the best way to go about this?

Should I ring eBay to try and negotiate the limit since my account is now over 90 days and has had no negative feedback or buyer protection cases. Or should I wait a while longer.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
Read the complete step-by-step suspension guide and get back to selling today!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (1)
Default

If you ring you could slip up and having your account banned as its a stealth account, I personal would rather carry on the way you are doing and wait for at least 3 months and look at all your options. maybe then ring them and show you have the feedback to cover your sales

hope that helps
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 30
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Sounds like you have a solid business model. Rather than upscale you existing ebay account, open up more ebay accounts in proportion to the desired increase in sales.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 100
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default

How did you establish that you had a selling restriction of 50 items or 650 equivalent?

The reason i ask is cos i also have a listing restriction (not selling restriction) on one of my account but it doesnt tell me the exact limit. It only says i have reached my limit.
The msg i get comes up when i try to list and says i have reached my listing limit..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
ets ets is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 186
Thanks: 21
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

hi if you're not bank verified then you will have a selling limit of ten items a month... if you're not registered as a business seller then you can only sell 50 a month; hope this helps!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 139
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
iTrader: (0)
Default

"you're not bank verified"

I am Business seller but not bank verified. What ebay will ask you to do to get bank verified on your account?
Is it like Paypal that they will debit money from your bank account and you have to tell them the 2 digit number? something like that? or more complicated?

Last edited by maprod; 01-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 100
Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I was under the impression that if you linked a fully verified paypal account to your ebay account, then all will be well and no selling limits would exist.
I have now seen that i have a selling allowance of 100 items a month courtesy of a new msg that came up when trying to list. The msg obviously give a number to call if you wish to do so and there is also a link labelled 'selling allowance'. When u click on this, it confuses you further by stating if you become verified, limits can be removed. The verification illustration given confuses paypal and ebay cos as far i understand, it amounts to duplication and may not even be possible (someone correct me if i am wrong).
It talks about entering your 2 small deposits from your bank statement onto paypal and then onto ebay.??
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I've figured this out now and all my limits are going to be lifted in the next few days.

It isn't really sustainable to have several eBay accounts. You miss out on the reputation you would gain from having just one account and since I have an eBay shop you miss out on many discounts (listing fees, FVF's, PayPal charges etc)

You will have a selling allowance if you are listing high risk items such as mobile phones, expensive electronics etc. You will also have a selling allowance if your account is less than 90 days old.

Once your account:

- is fully verified (PayPal and eBay)
- is over 90 days old
- has an exceptional seller dashboard with all fees paid upto date
- has over 100 items sold with no Buyer Protection Cases opened
- has DSR's over an average of 4.8

...then your selling restriction will be removed.

By the way, I rang eBay to find out all this information and it took about 20 minutes of question after question for them to tell me.

Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to matt_oates_11 For This Useful Post:
dburnside (12-04-2012), degsey69 (02-17-2012), giles890 (03-11-2011), GrannyT (06-13-2011), HowYaLivin (02-09-2011), iamstefano (11-11-2013), Imposter (02-20-2011), nemo (07-01-2011), NotAHappyBunny (06-13-2011), OfficialGenius (03-11-2011), Pringles (02-17-2012), Sandy D (02-07-2011), softwarediscounts (04-25-2011), Superdude (05-11-2011), surcerouche (06-17-2012), wonderwoman901 (11-05-2011), Zulkifli (03-05-2011)
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default

ok, so how exactly are we supposed to get 100 items sold at a rate of 10 items per 30 days?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Zulkifli's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Thanks: 23
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Selling Limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by latch View Post
ok, so how exactly are we supposed to get 100 items sold at a rate of 10 items per 30 days?
Ooowww...it can takes 10 months? Isn't it?

Could anyone explain?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Zulkifli's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Thanks: 23
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default How much your selling limit in first month

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_oates_11 View Post
Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me in the past.

I've had a stealth account for 93 days now and it is all running fine. PayPal is linked to eBay. PayPal is verified and funds have been added and withdrawn from the account. eBay account has 65 100% Positive feedback and the account has had 0 cases in the resolution centre. In total I have sold 87 items in the past 93 days.

I currently have a selling restriction of 50 items per month or a sterling figure of something like 650.

Ideally I would like the account to be free from any restriction so that I can list around a 1000 items. What is the best way to go about this?

Should I ring eBay to try and negotiate the limit since my account is now over 90 days and has had no negative feedback or buyer protection cases. Or should I wait a while longer.

Thanks in advance!
Just curious: how much your selling limit in the first month you start selling?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 43
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Business ebay sellers can sell 100 items every 30 days. As long as your verified. if not its only 10 items every 30 days (personal)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Hercules's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 139
Thanked 103 Times in 81 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles890 View Post
Business ebay sellers can sell 100 items every 30 days. As long as your verified. if not its only 10 items every 30 days (personal)
I have many new business acc's and can't get past the 10 items per month.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 43
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default

its probably different here in the UK. and also depends on what items you sell!

I set up a new account and could sell 100 items straight away. (vintage clothing)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM
cortex's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,266
Thanks: 133
Thanked 140 Times in 92 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maprod View Post
"you're not bank verified"

I am Business seller but not bank verified. What ebay will ask you to do to get bank verified on your account?
Is it like Paypal that they will debit money from your bank account and you have to tell them the 2 digit number? something like that? or more complicated?
what did you use to verify yourself if you didnt use bank account? how can you sell on it if not bank verified? is this possible??
__________________
ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Default Solution to increase limit from 10 items to 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I have many new business acc's and can't get past the 10 items per month.
Please go to my account then click on Link Paypal account button and follow the steps to link the paypal account to your ebay and you will be able to sell 100 if that paypal is verified one
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Stigger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,120
Thanks: 224
Thanked 350 Times in 299 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles890 View Post
Business ebay sellers can sell 100 items every 30 days. As long as your verified. if not its only 10 items every 30 days (personal)


i have a few personal accounts with 100 selling limits, so i think it varies
__________________
^The above is from a u.k point of view^


Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Default Main problem in eBay is how to get rid of 100 items limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhoopee View Post
If you ring you could slip up and having your account banned as its a stealth account, I personal would rather carry on the way you are doing and wait for at least 3 months and look at all your options. maybe then ring them and show you have the feedback to cover your sales

hope that helps
I had one ebay ccount when it reached 100 items limit i went to the second account and then my both ebay suspended? is it good idea to leave one account with 98 items sold without touching the 100 items limits and getting flaged and move to next account ??? how to spread to multiple accounts to increase selling limits?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Thumbs down Please help me if you tried this

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_oates_11 View Post
I've figured this out now and all my limits are going to be lifted in the next few days.

It isn't really sustainable to have several eBay accounts. You miss out on the reputation you would gain from having just one account and since I have an eBay shop you miss out on many discounts (listing fees, FVF's, PayPal charges etc)

You will have a selling allowance if you are listing high risk items such as mobile phones, expensive electronics etc. You will also have a selling allowance if your account is less than 90 days old.

Once your account:

- is fully verified (PayPal and eBay)
- is over 90 days old
- has an exceptional seller dashboard with all fees paid upto date
- has over 100 items sold with no Buyer Protection Cases opened
- has DSR's over an average of 4.8

...then your selling restriction will be removed.

By the way, I rang eBay to find out all this information and it took about 20 minutes of question after question for them to tell me.

I had one ebay ccount when it reached 100 items limit i went to the second account and then my both ebay suspended? is it good idea to leave one account with 98 items sold without touching the 100 items limits and getting flaged and move to next account ??? how to spread to multiple accounts to increase selling limits?
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_oates_11 View Post
I've figured this out now and all my limits are going to be lifted in the next few days.

It isn't really sustainable to have several eBay accounts. You miss out on the reputation you would gain from having just one account and since I have an eBay shop you miss out on many discounts (listing fees, FVF's, PayPal charges etc)

You will have a selling allowance if you are listing high risk items such as mobile phones, expensive electronics etc. You will also have a selling allowance if your account is less than 90 days old.

Once your account:

- is fully verified (PayPal and eBay)
- is over 90 days old
- has an exceptional seller dashboard with all fees paid upto date
- has over 100 items sold with no Buyer Protection Cases opened
- has DSR's over an average of 4.8

...then your selling restriction will be removed.

By the way, I rang eBay to find out all this information and it took about 20 minutes of question after question for them to tell me.

could you update that the limits sucessfully lifted?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good news, the "selling limit" seems to increase as you get feedback... imjustme Subscriber Discussions 25 01-08-2012 06:52 PM
Does selling limit apply to other accounts? ljcrystal Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts 3 12-18-2010 03:12 PM
Seller limit on pre 11/07 accounts + limited selling history violations??? help tsboss1 Subscriber Discussions 14 07-01-2009 07:23 AM
paypal plug-in daily limit increase king02 PayPal Talk 1 03-21-2009 11:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64