Please Help! Final few pieces of jigsaw needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Please Help! Final few pieces of jigsaw needed

Hey guys.

This is my first of many posts

I had 2x accounts which seemed to be running great - few issues with cases etc but both accounts had 99%+ feedback and were selling quite a bit and then BAM! 2 gone in 2 days!

This has been 3 weeks ago. I am left with a ton of stock and have been thinking of how to get rid of it for the last few weeks until I came across this site.

I have been reading posts religiously for the last 3 days but have a few questions I cant seem to find answers for/cant find them explained properly.

*Just for the record, Im UK based if that helps.

1) Is it imprerative that I have a bank account and a VCC attached to my Paypal account? If so, do I have to have both added to both a personal and business or just business?

2) lifting limits: I understand that you start off with a 10/500 (i think) selling limit initially. To raise this, I can either leave it as a personal and let it grow organically or switch it to a business which will increase to 25/750.
At this stage, I have to do phone verification, correct? If so, it is a machine? I have 5x sim cards which I got for nothing which have not been used or registered which I will be using for each account.
Is there an alternative to phone verification or is it always phone verif?
When changing over to a business account but not looking for any increase on this limit, do I have to send in any other info?
If I want to increase this I can either let it grow naturally or I can request higher limit. If naturally, is there a certain time limit on this? If request higher limit, what is the process and what do i have to send in?

3) If I have different windows users for different accounts, should I use different browsers for each user? Ie for windows user 1 use opera, for windows user 2 use IE, etc etc?
Presuming I am using the same browser (excluding chrome) for each different user/stealth account, do I need to clear the cookies/LSO files or are these seperate per windows user?
Also, I have heard that adobe flash can cause issues. If using different users for different accounts, is this going to be a problem?

Thanks,
Spacecowboy99
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2014

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Please Help! Final few pieces of jigsaw needed

I'm no expert but I'll try and answer:

1) You need to add both if you want a fully functioning verified Paypal account.

2) I have 4 stealth accounts, 2 are personal, 2 are business, didn't make any change to listing limits from what I could see. Once you sell a couple of items and get feedback they put the limit up pretty quickly, you will probably get an 80 item limit within 2 months. You can request a higher limit, there is a button, but they just ask you to ring in and discuss you business plans with them. I've not done it so I can't tell you what happens.

3) I use IE broswer on 3, and Chrome on the 4th.. I was under the impression that you want to retain cookies on each user account, so it looks more "normal".. I don't clear cookies at all, I'm guessing eBay will see it as more genuine if it has some history and isn't a fresh PC with nothing on it, that would look unusual to them. Not sure on Adobe flash sorry.

Hope that helps, I'm not an expert and hopefully some more people will be along to help more if I've missed anything.

Bank accounts are easy to get, make use of savings add on's to main accounts.. there are a few posts about the best banks to use, I've recently gone with Tesco, online application and went through quickly and easily, plus savers you can use also. VCC use entropay, but it's a difficult process to get the verification code (in my case!) and people sell them on here, so maybe use that.

I also buy my accounts from a seller on here, it's all set up and ready, so might be worth considering, around £150 per account I think, that's eBay and PayPal.

Good luck!
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

1 - Adding a bank account and VCC really makes the PP a lot more secure. It also gives you a way to withdraw the funds in your PP account.

2a - Switching to a bussinesses account does not always automatically lead to an increase. Linked an EB with a verified PP does give you a limit increase.

2b - Phone verification is an automated machine. You can use SIM cards, but eBay sometimes does call sellers so you ideally need to be able to take incoming calls. A option that works well is call forwarding.

2c - Let the limits increase organically. It is possible to ring in to get a limit increase for business accounts, but it is not without its risks. Limits will increase organically as and when they do. Sometimes it can be within a few days other times it takes months. Only eBay know the formula.

3 - Use which ever browser you are happiest with. So long as the user accounts are operated correctly there is no need to clear cookies. In fact you want to keep the cookies in place.
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks guys. Massive help - been looking for these for days

1) so basically, it gives me more security and has less chance of PP investigating?
When adding my bank account details, PP just asks for your acc number and sort code?
When adding the VCC, it asks for all details but I put my stealth name and address along with the correct card details even though the VCC was registered to a different name and address?

2) If I link EB with PP then and its a personal sellers acc I get 25/750?
If I ring in for an increase (rather than get the letter posted to me), what proof do they need in terms of documentation, if any?
Also, on my previous PP accounts, I recall PP asking me to upload passport, driving license and proof of address. Is this only at a certain selling limit? If so what is this limit as I imagine I will want to stay below this limit?

3) Just to confirm guys, the cookies on user1 are not visible on user2 and vice versa? So even if I use IE on them all, there is no risk? Also, I have heard bad things about using Chrome. You think that I can still use it without any issues?

@GeeGee - I thought that saving accounts flag up for PP and this is a no no?
@GeeGee - what is the issue with Entropay verification?

Thanks,
Spacecowboy99
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Entropay problem to withdraw money

are you guys saying that withdrawals should always be made to bank account?
If that is the case, why do we need a VCC?
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

It confirms the address attached to the PP and also allows fees to be paid via the VCC if ever the need arises.
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecowboy99 View Post
are you guys saying that withdrawals should always be made to bank account?
If that is the case, why do we need a VCC?
For the UK it is an essential part of completing the steps to make sure your paypal is OK.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...paypal-uk.html

Read that and ask if you have further questions.

Last edited by GreenBean; 08-14-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just to be sure I got it.

I link my bank account to PP. The bank account details have my real account number and sort code (which have not been used against any other PP or EB accounts).

I then have to add my VCC to PP which is used for:
1 to verify my address
2 to pay any PP fees

My VCC is registered to the same bank account and sort code as used for PP but under what name and address to I register the VCC against?
Is it the stealth name and address or real name and address?
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

NEVER put your real name and address near paypal.

Only ever use your stealth name.

Read more on the forum before you make accounts. There are points you must know to use vcc's correctly.
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecowboy99 View Post

I then have to add my VCC to PP which is used for:
1 to verify my address
2 to pay any PP fees

My VCC is registered to the same bank account and sort code as used for PP but under what name and address to I register the VCC against?
Is it the stealth name and address or real name and address?
It confirms your address.

If you use entropay you have the quickest way to do this. You use make a vcc from your main & loaded entropay account. You then need to only add the NUMBERS to your stealth paypal to complete everything.
No names, no address.
Most simple.
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
it gives me more security and has less chance of PP investigating?
It keeps PP happier

Quote:
When adding my bank account details, PP just asks for your acc number and sort code?
Correct.

Quote:
When adding the VCC, it asks for all details but I put my stealth name and address along with the correct card details even though the VCC was registered to a different name and address?
Also correct

Quote:
If I link EB with PP then and its a personal sellers acc I get 25/750?
Yes, but there are some glitches now and then
Quote:
If I ring in for an increase (rather than get the letter posted to me), what proof do they need in terms of documentation, if any?
I would just avoid ringing for now. Letters rarely get sent these days.

Quote:
Also, on my previous PP accounts, I recall PP asking me to upload passport, driving license and proof of address. Is this only at a certain selling limit? If so what is this limit as I imagine I will want to stay below this limit?
PP will request this information when you have had more than £1650 though you PP account within a year. If you hit £1900 PP will limit your account until they get the docs.

Quote:
Just to confirm guys, the cookies on user1 are not visible on user2 and vice versa? So even if I use IE on them all, there is no risk? Also, I have heard bad things about using Chrome. You think that I can still use it without any issues?
Correct. Cookies are segregated between user accounts. I use Chrome myself and have not had issues.

Quote:
I thought that saving accounts flag up for PP and this is a no no
They can be used, but need to be used correctly.
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
PP will request this information when you have had more than £1650 though you PP account within a year. If you hit £1900 PP will limit your account until they get the docs.

They can be used, but need to be used correctly.
Can you explain these further please?

What do I do if my VCC is under my stealth name which I am sure is the case with most stealth users. Do I only keep a stealth account until it reaches £1900 and then start another stealth or how do I get around this?

Also, how do I use savings accounts successfully?

Many thanks
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
NEVER put your real name and address near paypal.

Only ever use your stealth name.

Read more on the forum before you make accounts. There are points you must know to use vcc's correctly.
My bad, I meant the bank account is setup in my real name and address but registered with PP under my stealth name and address.

So if I am using Tom Brown as my stealth name and Address ABC which I have submitted for both my bank and VCC, how does PP verify that I live at ABC?

What is the verification and how do I get around it?

Thnaks
Old 08-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

any ideas guys?
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

PP checks the ABC address with a VCC that confirms to the ABC address - Entropay works for my UK accounts

Verification...you mean verify with bank? Or ID documents
Old 08-15-2014

Longevity: 75%

Buy a business account with 100 items / 3.5k and u will get a VCC and mobile number and docs like DL and utility bill
and setup a new user in windows and attach a bank account in paypal
and buy a few cheap sim cards to get feedback and sell cheap items to build up
account and when u reach £1650 paypal will ask for ID so upload DL and bill for paypal
and just keep going for 90 days and u will be up and running like a pro

Last edited by stevebills; 08-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevebills For This Useful Post:
Spacecowboy99 (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
PP checks the ABC address with a VCC that confirms to the ABC address - Entropay works for my UK accounts

Verification...you mean verify with bank? Or ID documents
so PP will ask Entroypay do I live at my Stealth address ABC and Entroypay will confirm that I do live at ABC (stealth address) even though the address which I gave to Entropay was actually my home address XYZ?

I dont understand how I get around the address verification.

Please help
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Entropay will automatically pass the address checks of PP - there is no "asking-answering" - the EP VCC auto-matches the pp stealth address...
Old 08-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Is there big problems with the verification of Entropay? I have read some bad things. Is this sorted?
Old 08-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Entropay will automatically pass the address checks of PP - there is no "asking-answering" - the EP VCC auto-matches the pp stealth address...
Also what is the cost/minimum top up for EP?
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Verifying can sometimes be a bit of a pain with Entro, but usually if you drop them a message they are pretty good at getting it sorted out.

Min top up is £5 for credit/debit cards.