My suggestions to create an Amazon account properly - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 07-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

I didn't really explain what I'm talking about too well, let me try again.

There is a new feature, or a feature I've never seen before anyway, that is linked to any items you have bought on Amazon. If you click on the link it looks up the items you bought and then helps with you listing them for sale. The account I used to test this never bought anything, and Amazon displayed that info and said there was nothing in my history to resell.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2011

Longevity: 90%

where can i find that link?
Old 07-28-2011

Just click on" Your Account" Then click on "Your Seller Account"

When it asks for your e-mail just say you are a new user. Then put some info in the next screen and it should take you to the page.

I have a link for it too, but the page comes up after you register, so I don't think the link will work without my PW.
Old 07-28-2011
MU

Creating a buyers account first is pointesss.

You are still unable to disburse your funds for 14 days from when you create a SELLERS account, whether you made a buyers account first or not
Old 07-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfortuantemistake View Post
Creating a buyers account first is pointesss.

You are still unable to disburse your funds for 14 days from when you create a SELLERS account, whether you made a buyers account first or not
Opinions vary, and I didn't create this thread to argue over a simple fact of such small magnitude. All I'm saying is when you create a buyer's account first, it implies you AREN'T interested in selling on Amazon.com. Which, in turn, tells Amazon you have no idea they offer selling services to the general public. I hear everyone talking about Amazon cracking down by deploying these outrageous tactics to track old members on new accounts. If that's the case, why wouldn't creating a buyer's account first be a good idea?

This post is merely a small process that I've used in the past that has worked flawless for me. Not too many people think about waiting a week or so until they start selling. I was just pointing that out.
Old 07-28-2011

There is a point to it, and yes you are right it doesn't get you the money any faster than 14 days. The point is it makes the account look more legit. When Amazon reviews accounts, they can look at your past browsing history on the site.

So if someone just opens up a new account and bamm ,they list a item within a minute or so, they don't look new. They look like someone that was on before and knows what they are doing. If you want to increase the chances of the account passing review, looking like you were first a buyer and became a seller later is a great way to look legit.

The more time and money spent acting like a buyer makes the performance more believable. So if you actually buy something on Amazon, and have the item shipped and then sit on the item a while before you relist it. That will be much more convincing than just going on the site and listing items for sale right away.

You can just do that with one account and still open other accounts in faster ways too. There are lots of other things like this that I do to make my accounts last longer. Most people seem to just discuss what's the fastest and easiest way to get back on.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 07-28-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
There is a point to it, and yes you are right it doesn't get you the money any faster than 14 days. The point is it makes the account look more legit. When Amazon reviews accounts, they can look at your past browsing history on the site.

So if someone just opens up a new account and bamm ,they list a item within a minute or so, they don't look new. They look like someone that was on before and knows what they are doing. If you want to increase the chances of the account passing review, looking like you were first a buyer and became a seller later is a great way to look legit.

The more time and money spent acting like a buyer makes the performance more believable. So if you actually buy something on Amazon, and have the item shipped and then sit on the item a while before you relist it. That will be much more convincing than just going on the site and listing items for sale right away.

You can just do that with one account and still open other accounts in faster ways too. There are lots of other things like this that I do to make my accounts last longer. Most people seem to just discuss what's the fastest and easiest way to get back on.
Thank you! Perfect description of what I was trying to explain. Glad to know there's other knowledgeable Amazon sellers out there...
Old 07-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgivens View Post
Opinions vary, and I didn't create this thread to argue over a simple fact of such small magnitude. All I'm saying is when you create a buyer's account first, it implies you AREN'T interested in selling on Amazon.com. Which, in turn, tells Amazon you have no idea they offer selling services to the general public. I hear everyone talking about Amazon cracking down by deploying these outrageous tactics to track old members on new accounts. If that's the case, why wouldn't creating a buyer's account first be a good idea?

This post is merely a small process that I've used in the past that has worked flawless for me. Not too many people think about waiting a week or so until they start selling. I was just pointing that out.

What Exactly are you Hearing and Where from?,,,PM Me if youd Like
Old 07-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
What Exactly are you Hearing and Where from?,,,PM Me if youd Like
Around these forums and in the Stealth Book.
Old 07-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%

I hardly think their tactics are outrageous - just cautious at best.
Old 07-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I hardly think their tactics are outrageous - just cautious at best.
That's a bit more consoling than the other stuff I've read.
Old 07-31-2011

Longevity: 80%

All this depends on what your selling. I just made a new account for someone 20 days ago. Started selling right away. Added bank account about 7 days later. On day 14 I got an automatic disbursement ( i was surprised as it said to wait 14 days )

Items I sell go for about $68. I sell about 3-5 a day. I havent have any limitation on the account as of yet. Made 3 disbursement so far. 240, 722, 1900 ( two days ago )

I know how to get feedback. I sold 17 items in first few days got 4 feedback.

If you're a new seller feedback a key step to passing reviews and limitation off the bat.

Your logic about the buyers account thing wouldn't work for most of us as its difficult to act like true "new sellers".

I know when I started selling on amazon I did a ton of research as I knew NOTHING. Which is how most new sellers act. Spent probably 2 hours searching the help section for basics like how to put logo, bank account, return policy, feedback etc..

There isn't 1 or 2 strategies that works for amazon its all about trial an error catered to what you sell and how you go about selling what you sell.
Old 08-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Your method works but I would not go off and say the books are worthless. The Am az on and eb ay stealth guides bring up the essence of methodology to create UNLINKED accounts.

Not how to buy and sell but just how to create - that's the important part.
Old 08-01-2011

Longevity: 79%

Hi, i can say Amazon Ghost and eBay Stealth are a little different when you read as i have both stealth guides they give you all the info you need to get back on both sites as sellers and under stealth, (Remember as Sellers and Under Stealth only, not to mature your accounts), i have 5 ebay accounts on the go but rarely use them as i sell mostly on amazon and have 9 of these 6 of them can sell any amount and as many as i want, been through as many as 4 reviews with some, they always pass, read the Amazon Ghost and it will tell you how to pass them and it works, as with mine. Amazon is always about trial and error, find out your own limits as what you can sell, i know mine, the amount you can sell and over a certain period and how much. it takes alot of hard work but everyone's is different that is what makes amazon what it is, amazon is great, alot easier than ebay, but it takes hard work, dont expect the answers in this forum, but you will get tips, if unsure contact Aspkin for more info, buy Amazon Ghost.

Quote:
You will agree eBay and Amazon Stealth are single books with a step-by-step process, correct?

If you agreed to the above, you just contradicted everything you said in your prior post. Why? Because you clearly stated: "There isn't 1 or 2 strategies that works for amazon its all about trial an error catered to what you sell and how you go about selling what you sell."

If this is true, the Amazon and eBay Stealth books are worthless, as they only offer 1 strategy for how to create a new account.

The steps I listed initially for this post are exactly how ANYONE should go about selling anything on Amazon, regardless of past experiences. If you don't agree, go back and see what you did differently; then let me know how I can improve my strategy.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2011

Getting on is the easy part. Staying on and keeping the buyers happy and still make a profit is the hard part. The more $$$ you run thru the account, the more solid the base needs to be. The Op's ideas might work for micro accounts, but are worthless for a solid account.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 08-01-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Getting on is the easy part. Staying on and keeping the buyers happy and still make a profit is the hard part. The more $$$ you run thru the account, the more solid the base needs to be. The Op's ideas might work for micro accounts, but are worthless for a solid account.
The only possible way to establish longevity in an Amazon account is to sell items that aren't considered a high risk to buyers. If you're selling books compared to software, your account is obviously going to last longer if it's hit with a negative feedback. Amazon knows software, electronics and other popular goods can be counterfeited, whereas books are prized for originality.

My post was designed to help people get back on Amazon. Not to teach them selling strategies.
Old 08-02-2011

FYI there are all sorts of successful Amazon sellers on here, and there are hundreds of threads covering Amazon in the free and subscribed sections. I don't think you posted anything most people don't know already, but if you think you did, or you actually did more power to you.

You can read the other threads if you want. I don't have a problem pointing out some of the drawbacks to this set-up if you prefer, and I'm sure a lot of other people can as well if the mood strikes them.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 08-02-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2011

Longevity: 80%

you said it road-kill but rather not get into all that as its pretty useless...
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@jon3674 - don't derail the topic - no no ha.
That's not derailing at all. The post is perfectly relevant to the topic as he was wanting to confirm a procedure.
Old 08-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
FYI there are all sorts of successful Amazon sellers on here, and there are hundreds of threads covering Amazon in the free and subscribed sections. I don't think you posted anything most people don't know already, but if you think you did, or you actually did more power to you.

You can read the other threads if you want. I don't have a problem pointing out some of the drawbacks to this set-up if you prefer, and I'm sure a lot of other people can as well if the mood strikes them.
Will you please post a few of those threads? I'm curious to know what I left out. Also, there are tons of new Amazon sellers who have no clue how to properly set up an account without purchasing the Amazon Stealth Book. I was merely assisting them in their endeavors to do so.
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
You will agree eBay and Amazon Stealth are single books with a step-by-step process, correct?

If you agreed to the above, you just contradicted everything you said in your prior post. Why? Because you clearly stated: "There isn't 1 or 2 strategies that works for amazon its all about trial an error catered to what you sell and how you go about selling what you sell."

If this is true, the Amazon and eBay Stealth books are worthless, as they only offer 1 strategy for how to create a new account.

The steps I listed initially for this post are exactly how ANYONE should go about selling anything on Amazon, regardless of past experiences. If you don't agree, go back and see what you did differently; then let me know how I can improve my strategy.

Thanks.
WOAH! Your thread has been informative and helpful until now. Dont be going slightly off when your procedures are queried. Maintain a reasonable dialogue.
you should appreciate that there is enough depth in the books to allow users to create and maintain either ebay or amazon accounts. Not all users are vocal with their endeavors. You can not assume that which is unknown to you
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

@BiN4ry - my point on the derailing was that the post was made to discuss the OP's methodology.

The details of mac address and such are best discussed elsewhere - and they have been, a lot ha.