My suggestions to create an Amazon account properly - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 08-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgivens View Post
Will you please post a few of those threads? I'm curious to know what I left out. Also, there are tons of new Amazon sellers who have no clue how to properly set up an account without purchasing the Amazon Stealth Book. I was merely assisting them in their endeavors to do so.
You can just use the search function, and type in the your summary keywords for the searches.

When you set-up the account. The first thing to consider is the $$$ you are hoping to gross per year and the number of transactions you expect. And how long you want a account to last.

The new tax code requires sellers to provide either a SSN or FEIN, if you sell 20k in a year and have 200 transactions in the same year. There is no way in hell ,the way you advise setting up the account, that it will be able to meet this requirement.

Some accounts may only be expected to have a short shelf-life, and what you have advised might work for them. I would still do a lot more than what you say, but that's my call to make. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 08-02-2011 at 12:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2011

Longevity: 76%

yes there is a way of making sellers account without listing anything, when Amazon takes you to a page where they ask you list something on the top right corner you can see my account button just press that n it will take you straight in to your buyers account and then press the sellers account button to get back to your sellers account but this time you don`t have to list anything i know it sounds a bit confusing but it works for me let me know thank you...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharry For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

Rgivens that is a ton of great info! I do exactly as you stated but with one additional step. When I list the first item, or shortly afterward, I make up some excuse to call Amazon Seller Support from the phone number on file and ask a question. Beings I am new, I might need help

I probably waited a few months after I purchased an item and had it sent to the address on file before I decided to sell. Did surf products as a buyer would a little in between. But not everyone can do that. Back then Amazon didn't force you to list an item on the spot upon signing up for a Sellers Account. Sherrys post was so helpful upon the steps to take to avoid it.

I list a ton of different items since I shop Yard Sales and Thrift Stores for inventory. I have two Amazon Seller accounts. Actually it will be three as soon as I turn this one Amazon Buyers account into a Sellers account. Bought three items from it like 2 months ago and now only login from time to time to look up products as a normal buyer would.

Whenever I am ready for another Amazon account, I have the Ghost book which instructs me upon how to sign up properly without flubbing up by exposing my true identity

Last edited by Melissa1971; 08-03-2011 at 12:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
Sharry (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfortuantemistake View Post
As somone who has tried every combination of selling, waiting, 3 days, 10 days, 12 days, different dollar amounts, 50-500.00, there is no guaranteed way that is going to work.

Amazon's system is completely random, sometime you can be put under review for selling one item for 19.99, sometime you can sell several 100 and be able to transfer in the 14 days.

Velocitiy limits seem to be different on every account.

Also, a new MAC address is always helpful and easy to do with a spoof program.
Generally velocity limits are set at around 700 dollars on Amazon and 500 on Ebay

I don't believe Amazons system to be completely random either. It's not like Russian roulette.This process with creating a stealth id, listing different products after being a buyer first has done well for me on both Amazon and Ebay.

My belief is....maybe worth just a penny...but in the beginning if you are selling different products it can appear you are new and getting your feet wet by listing stuff from around the home (as already noted). So within about 4 months they will decide you are "pretty safe" then you can amp it up by doing whatever pattern of selling you wish meaning you are not limited to differing products.

Just what has worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-03-2011)
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Patience is key. It took me 8 months to be fully verified on Amazon (meaning approval to sell in the category I was going for from the get-go). And yes, I did buy stuff first, and on an ongoing basis (basically any purchase I would have made on Amazon went thru the stealth account)