Guide to overcoming the EIN/SSN requirement - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbanYtsa View Post
so after december 26 there is no way to register acc without ssn ?
You arent reading these posts?????

Old 11-15-2011

Longevity: 80%

so after december 26 there is no way to register acc without ssn/EIN ?
Old 11-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Wow............
Old 11-17-2011

nice smile, any good answer >?
Old 11-17-2011

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

Some people spend more time being jack offs rather then answering questions. Heaven forbid it was already answered.

To my knowledge - you can still initially create an account without the SS/EIN. But as soon as cross the 50 transaction mark, Amazon will request the info.

They might change this - we shall see.
Old 11-19-2011

Longevity: 84%

Why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
using someone else for EIN> NO !!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam34996 View Post
Some people spend more time being jack offs rather then answering questions. Heaven forbid it was already answered.

To my knowledge - you can still initially create an account without the SS/EIN. But as soon as cross the 50 transaction mark, Amazon will request the info.

Me thinks that once Amazons bottom line starts to shrink account of all the sellers that will have to cease operations because of the reporting regulations, they will have no choice but to remove this 50 transaction threshold, and come up with a number that is more reasonable, like say 150, or 175.

I will just move most of my business to ebay and just create more accounts, and stay on Amazon to sell the higher dollar amount merchandise.

Last edited by cherrqell; 11-20-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2011

Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

Only about 30% of Amazons total revenue is from marketplace sellers like you and me. I hope they feel the pinch too but I think its unlikely.
Old 11-21-2011

Quote:
Only about 30% of Amazons total revenue is from marketplace sellers like you and me. I hope they feel the pinch too but I think its unlikely.
i agree....ebay didn't give a damn when they made all those changes that affected sellers.
Old 11-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

NO.... some people spend hours on here answering questions in so much detail that a child will understand it and yet the same question comes up with absolutely NO search what so ever.

Or we get the " I searched thoroughly and didnt find this question so i hope non one gets mad" line instead of a simple search.

We get tired it retyping it in over and over due to people just wanting it posted again for them. Thats all it is.
Old 11-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnev View Post
Why is that?
I dont know. maybe because its 100% illegal in every way.

No matter how you can try to think of a way to use it legally you cannot.
Old 12-03-2011

Longevity: 74%

I guess the short simple answer is set up a business properly in your state based on your tax pros advice. Then give amazon the business information and EIN.

Still need help with the intricacies such as best place to get a real non PO box address. I am googling this now.

Anything else that needs attention please let me know. I am fairly good at stealth and have been selling for 6 months as stealth now.
Old 12-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

@alnev:

the whole process of selling stealth is controversial at best. Since you are not providing false identity to any form of government, then really it is more of a squabble between a company and a customer. They would have to report you to the authorities, which aren't going to look into it because as they see it, no one is getting physically hurt so it's low on their list. Plus they would have to locate your real info, and since if we are stealth enough to fool amazon, authorities DEFINITELY WON'T want to try to track the stealth user down. Policing is a business people, as is everything else. Months of manpower and watching online activities to make a bust that they don't see any profit from (violation of copyright laws for people selling vero) then its not punishable by prison.

With that being said, now we take a look at using soemone else's EIN (taxpayer Identity). Your SSN/EIN is your DIRECT LINK to the government. With that number the government, Uncle Sam included, knows EXACTLY who you are, where you live, etc. Now while you can probably get away with it as long as the business owner reports EVERYTHING PERFECTLY on taxes and never gets an audit. But if they audit, they will find out that the person who owns the business isn't operating it. That in turn leads them to you as you can bet your ass off your buddy who owns the business isn't going to risk in assisting of tax evasion and fraud charges.

Guys, here's where the serious part is about paying your taxes. If the government decides to audit you, and this happens to completely legitimate business ALL THE TIME, you no longer have ANY privacy rights. All your bank accounts, paypal, ANYTHING that has to do with holding/transfering/receiving money is now an open book to them. They see every credit/debit card statement, western union, etc. There is no hiding from Uncle Sam. He owns you and he owns your soul. The sooner you realize this the easier your financial life gets.

Keep Uncle Sam happy and you will stay happy. Just pay your taxes and it's all easier.

If you don't know how to file business taxes, there are plenty of search results on Google that will be more than glad to assist you with any information you need. Or just hire an accountant.

If you are getting hit with the tax ID requirement and are not sure what to do, then you need to decide this:

Do you want to be serious and make a real living off of the business you have built, or are you not ready to handle the responsibility of it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
alnev (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011

Longevity: 79%

Axcend,
Thank you for posting all your information, I greatly appreciate it. Sounds like you and I think alike as far as incorporating for each Amazon account. I am just starting but to me that seems the way to go. Paying the $$$ to multiple incorporate doesn't bother me or does taxes, I would rather overpay taxes then ever face an audit. I just want to do all this as smooth as possible with the 4+ accounts I have and found this thread while searching the forums for advice. I plan to get more advice this week and start filling out all the paper work for at least one account to be my "test" so to speak. Please PM me if you get a chance and maybe we can exchange ideas.
Thanks again for everyone chiming in as well on this, I will post more info as I go through the whole process.
Old 12-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnev View Post
Ok, there's some stuff I've been thinking about, I would appreciate any input:

1. How can one person have multiple EINs?
2. Let's say that I have a friend who would create a Sole Proprietorship or LLC with a PO box address that I create (so that I will get all the tax papers & stuff). Do you see any problem with me using his EIN? Can this EIN be used on stealth Amazon accounts, or I have to create a new account with his name?
3. How much tax do you have to pay?
4. How can you write off taxes and how much are you allowed to write off? For example if I have to pay 10k in taxes, can I buy 5 iMac-s for 2k each and say that I needed them for the business? (I'm almost sure, that you can't, but maybe somebody has some experience in this field)

I know that "I could get the best answers only from a professional", but as far as I saw, there's some pretty knowledgeable and experienced people here on the forum, so let's see what they have to say.
Sad thing is that I've yet to find a suitably qualified tax expert here on this forum.

I've been dealing with this problem since 2009 when it was first announced.

I've said it before. And now I'm saying it again for your personal benefit:

To comply with what you suggested, you must take the advice of a tax professional for your state. You need to find one with expertise in company law.
There is an obligation for anyone making money to pay taxes, and those who elect to have an intricate way, need the advice & skills of a professional.
Beyond the remit of this forum.
I would be grateful if you could appreciate this point of view spoken to protect yourself from tax problems which might occur because of bad advice.
Old 12-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

I have a question. I have an LLC which is a single member so its taxed as a S-P.

On this step :

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

What do I select? I was planning to file for S corp soon but I wanted to file taxes as S Corp for the 2012 tax year. Not 2011 because I just opened the LLC a week or so ago. Private mail box etc. I have the EIN number ready, I just don't know what to select here on this step. Help is appreciated.
Old 01-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Forum has no tax accountant, fully registered and able to reply on a professional basis to IRS requirements.

So go out into the real world, pay for a tax consultation and find out. This advice has been given for months and is not for discussion any longer.

Refrain from making posts based on business plans that need to satisfy tax needs.

Thanks.