How can I set to be always the lowest price ? Is there any program or option ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default How can I set to be always the lowest price ? Is there any program or option ?

I list some items on existing listing page and I noticed that every time I change the price to be the lowest, Other seller is changing his price $0.01 lower than my price.

How this works ?
Is there option in Amazon to set the price always to be the lowest price ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: How can I set to be always the lowest price ? Is there any program or option ?

I've heard of programs that will do this, but I have never used them. Think about it. Both You and this other user want the sale. The way to do this is to be the lowest price. Now, let's say BOTH of you are using program to set your listing 1 cent below the lowest price. The price could decline to 0.01 WITHIN MINUTES!

It sounds like a very quick race to the bottom to me. My answer to this is to sell many, many items. If another seller wants to be the lowest price on a given product, so be it. Eventually they will burn out their inventory.

This is just pure capitalism. The cheapest producer - the one willing to accept the least amount of profit - gets the sale. Until I realized that selling a lot of items was the answer, this bugged me too. Because needing the sale on one particular product is NOT a good way to make money. The problem is, I am an adult with a family living in America, with adult bills. Yet I end up competing against people from other countries, where an extra $50 per month means living in luxury or with college kids looking to make some fast cash for their next beer party. This is why multiple niche items spread over several accounts works best.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rich6666 (05-14-2015), shoffice (05-10-2015), TonyAlmeida (05-10-2015)
Old 05-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%
Default Re: How can I set to be always the lowest price ? Is there any program or option ?

Exactly^^^^^

Using repricers, which is what the software/scripts are called, is just a quick race to the bottom and a lowballer mania. There are people out there that think they must be the lowest price at ANY cost, and yet research has indicated this is NOT necessary to get the sale on Amazon. Being number 2 to number 5 is perfectly all right. You should consider lowering your price if inventory isn't moving at a rate that satisfies, not simply to keep up with some nitwit who will lowball that $100 widget to $5 just to be number 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
shoffice (05-10-2015)
Old 05-10-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoffice View Post
I list some items on existing listing page and I noticed that every time I change the price to be the lowest, Other seller is changing his price $0.01 lower than my price.

How this works ?
I commented this very same thing on someone else's thread the other day shoffice, in my case of course they are lowering their price by 1p every time I go to check on my listings, that's life in the online auction world, bit of a pain, but there it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
shoffice (05-10-2015)
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 77%

There are plenty of repricing programs out there. Amazon even have their own.

You don't just stick it on then leave it to go to 0. You insert limits to it where it won't go any lower.

The vast majority of sales do go to who is in the buybox and the best way of getting that is to be the lowest price. It's not the only way but it's the main one.
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 73%

I try to show little give and take by pricing the same price as my competitors then when they go down I go down to match their price or I even go a few pennies higher if you have a good listing with good pics it should show right up with the one that is a couple pennies higher .. I love to outsell my competitors even with a bit higher price just with a better looking listing this will often stop the price war. just my 2 cents
Old 05-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I try to show little give and take by pricing the same price as my competitors then when they go down I go down to match their price or I even go a few pennies higher if you have a good listing with good pics it should show right up with the one that is a couple pennies higher .. I love to outsell my competitors even with a bit higher price just with a better looking listing this will often stop the price war. just my 2 cents
If you have a different listing/ your own that's completely different and the reason I only do my own listings. You don't need repricing for that, it's mainly for when there are 20 sellers on one listing all fighting for the buy box.
Old 05-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
If you have a different listing/ your own that's completely different and the reason I only do my own listings. You don't need repricing for that, it's mainly for when there are 20 sellers on one listing all fighting for the buy box.
How can I create my own listing and make sure no other sellers will list there items in my listings ?

Is there any way to protect new listings that I create from other sellers to list there ?
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

The answer is NO. It's will be available for most sellers
Old 05-12-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Who remembers recently when one of those systems messed up for a bunch of amazon sellers? it was all over the news, businesses claiming they'd go bankrupt as they had sold thousands of pounds worth of stock for next to nothing.

Not to scare you though, op.
Old 05-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
What do you men that it available for MOST sellers ?

To what type of sellers it's now available ?
Old 05-13-2015

Quote:
Of course there is as long as it's not a brand item like cannon or Nike.

If it's a generic or unbranded item then add your own trademark.

People can still list but either yourself or Amazon can get rid of them with an intellectual property warning.
Old 05-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
On most of the listings there is the option on the right side of the listing:
Have on to sell ? Sell on Amazon.

I found the same item on different listings pages and on some of the listing pages I can list and on some of them this option is not exist.

How this works ?
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

How this works ?
Could be that the seller is also actively checking the listings...
Old 05-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
On most of the listings there is the option on the right side of the listing:
Have on to sell ? Sell on Amazon.

I found the same item on different listings pages and on some of the listing pages I can list and on some of them this option is not exist.

How this works ?
If you don't see that link, the item being restricted from your account and you cannot list in that.

Also, there is some items let you sale used, refurbish, like new condition but don't let you list new condition
Old 05-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you don't see that link, the item being restricted from your account and you cannot list in that.

Also, there is some items let you sale used, refurbish, like new condition but don't let you list new condition

How can a seller restrict other sellers from selling the same item in specific listing ?

Is this is a option that I can do also if I create a new listing and don't want other sellers list in my listing ?