Amazon "New" Two-Step-Verification - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-13-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Amazon "New" Two-Step-Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShell View Post
MikeRock, thanks for the advice. And what's with the not listing anything for around 90 days thingy? Is there anything that we should be cautious about after creating our stealth account? Is it that we need to take care about sales velocity - not too many sales in too soon a time? Does Amazon really have a sales limit like eBay?
Not that i know of. I just think amazon is much smarter than ebay. I still have a personal active amazon pro sellers account that i still use. Just after paypal suspended me. I dont want to be caught with my pants down with amazon as i did with ebay/paypal. I figured since i was creating new everything for ebay....mine as well use the exact same information for opening new amazon accounts while im at it.

Since all my new accounts are near legit with real addresses, real cc and bank accounts, real phone numbers....ive even gone so far as for every single account....i bought $4 usb network cards for each account and disabled all my cards in the computer so all my new accounts will have new mac addresses and surely new ip's when im signing in from a hot spot. Im trying to take every single precaution i can take...

Especially aging every account with multiple purchases and trying to gain sufficient feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRock For This Useful Post:
GhostShell (05-17-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 66%

Sorry if this has been asked before: what is the cheapest option for maintaining an active US phone number ? My current option costs $3 per month. Is there a cheaper one?
Old 05-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

You want cheaper than $3/month to keep an active phone #?

I think google voice is free, but $3/month is pretty damn good...
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 54%

So no voice for USA? What is an authenticator app? I can't do SMS message because I have a voip number forwarding to my cell.
Old 05-22-2017
Threadstarter  

You can get a google voice # (requires usa phone # to get), or use google authenticator app. Its an application you download on your smart phone that generates a code you can use to two-step verify your amazon account (as well as other websites)
Old 05-22-2017

My phone is connected to a blocked amazon number, does the google app show that to amazon or can i use any number on the app?
Old 05-23-2017

Longevity: 67%

Even when using an authenticator, it still asks for a phone number as a backup method when enabling 2-step authentication. Does anyone know of a way to skip this, i.e. not having to provide a phone number (that may or may not be linked to a bad account)?
Old 05-23-2017

Longevity: 47%

I've also received this message today. Does anyone know if it's mandatory for just Seller Central or all other Amazon service like Amazon Associates, Merch by Amazon ?
Old 05-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncv4a View Post
I've also received this message today. Does anyone know if it's mandatory for just Seller Central or all other Amazon service like Amazon Associates, Merch by Amazon ?

I have 15 US Amazon accounts, 2 UK accounts, and 4 Japan accounts.

All Japan accounts now ask for compliance.

2 out of 15 US accounts ask for compliance, the two are relatively new, but no the newest.

UK accounts have not met the issue so far.

I guess Amazon is enforcing the new rule fairly randomly.
Old 05-24-2017

It's a pain but I'm just going to change my cell number on my phone so i can have a new number to do 2-step. Amazon is becoming a bigger and bigger pain!!!
Old 05-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Or you could get prepaid phones
Old 05-25-2017

Longevity: 56%

I have just run into this today, all my accounts are telling me to use two step verification and I have until the 30th of June..
For my 1 legit accounts have added the mobile number on the account to get the text message and I have downloaded google authentication app to get the second code and all is fine.
Just trying to figure out the best way to do this for the stealth accounts, I have sims for most and it would be a case of using one unlocked phone and swapping the different sim cards over to get the text, but I do not like the idea of using my phone with the google auth app on multiple accounts. So I will perhaps have to setup multiple soho66 numbers which are about £4 per month each.

Maybe it is time to buy a smart phone for each account, and switch to sim only monthly deals. The advantage would be the numbers will always remain active just in case amazon should call, each phone would have its own auth app so no linking from that.
Downside would be the initial outlay for all those mobile phones and the monthly cost for the numbers, and not to mention the spaghetti junction caused having all those mobiles plugged in..

Any thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to ghettotige For This Useful Post:
Phd (05-31-2017)
Old 05-25-2017

First, one Authen app for all accounts is safe -- the app is always in offline mode, it does not communicate with servers (which sounds magic: what Amazon considers valid code and what the app will display are ALWAYS in sync without data communication).

Second, why not use virtual numbers such as google voice? That enables you to own multiple phone numbers and only demands one smartphone.
Old 05-25-2017

One smartphone and multiple SIM cards ?
using 1 SIM/number for each Amazon account and switching SIM cards on same smartphone ? There is no way Amazon can link this right ? when sending text SMS ?
Old 05-25-2017

If I use same smartphone and multiple SIM cards:

1 Sim/phone number for each account and switch them on same smartphone, and use it for text message verification,

there is no way amazon can link them, right ?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
It looks like Amazon has rolled out with yet another system update.
Now it seems most accounts are requesting a two-step verification, otherwise your account will be automatically suspended within a couple months of registration.
I have done a couple of them and they are no big deal.

You have 2 options to verify and receive code:
1. Text Message (SMS) - Works best for multiple accounts
2. Authenticator APP

Just make sure to use a phone # that has never been used on Amazon previously and that you have access to.

Remember to keep the phone number live and active, so you don't lose it!
Otherwise you may run into a nightmare if your account is locked and you lose the verification phone #

Any country phone # provider seems to work fine (I tested 3 international #s on the accounts to accommodate international sellers).

After you complete the two-step verification process, you'll be given the option to verify your device. Once your device is verified, you have the option to "remember" it and avoid having to do the two-step verification every time you login with that device.

Keep in mind, any new device added to log into your Amazon account will most likely trigger a code to verify.
That means if you are planning on getting a new laptop, make sure you have access to the verification number you provided them with.

Solutions:
1. Use any phone # you have, any country, as long as it has never been used before on Amazon.
2. Google voice seems to be working (Keep in mind if they are inactive for 9 months you can lose your google voice number).
This is mostly available to USA, UK might have a harder time getting a Google voice # but still possible.
3. Prepaid phones / SIM cards picked up at local stores.

Secure your Amazon account and don't get locked out!

Cheers
Many thanks Elmor, Very helpful info

so there is no issue actually using muliplte unused devices if you can verify by sms?
Old 05-25-2017

Longevity: 69%

I used the google authenticator app and google voice #'s on all 3 accounts. So far, no issues
Old 05-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knetwork View Post
If I use same smartphone and multiple SIM cards:

1 Sim/phone number for each account and switch them on same smartphone, and use it for text message verification,

there is no way amazon can link them, right ?

Thanks
As long as the sim #s are unique never used on amazon you'll be fine
Old 05-26-2017

Longevity: 45%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesus65

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
Using the win auth authentication app should do the trick

There is no way amazon can link you if this is used multiple times as the app only provides a unique number to the 'code' given

So on each account - 1 new number from a mobile phone and the win auth app should do the trick
I have multiple accounts accounts using VPN's for each account. I have a Skype numbers for each account. I have the Google Authenticator on my own personal phone.
Should i use 1 Google Voice number for each account and win auth for my Google auth app for each account? Sorry just somewhat confused and dont want to lose an account. Any help would be great! Thanks to all in advance adavance.
Old 05-27-2017

Thank you Elmo as always .
I am an International Seller. 5 USA accts. 3 bought from you. All except for yours, used Skype numbers. VPN's, etc.
Can I use a USA sim Card on a Asian phone and use that number for the process? What about this 2nd number they want ? Sorry I am very confused as to what Us International sellers will have to do with multiple accts.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
Old 05-27-2017
Threadstarter  

If you're in Asia and you have prepaid Asia phone number access, use those if you want simplicity. Or Skype, google voice, or authenticator app for multiple accounts

Lots of options buddy
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
ncv4a (05-29-2017)
Old 05-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Today I noticed Two-step verification was required on the initial sign up before registration.

It seems this is the direction they will go with in the next coming weeks/months.

All accounts will be required to sign up initially for two-step, so far its only rarely happening but my guess is it will be common.