Action required: Re-verify your Amazon seller account - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-22-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Action required: Re-verify your Amazon seller account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I've heard of people's accounts actually getting nuked completely after the 60 day period if you don't verify.

Again, don't take chances
If you have significant funds waiting for disbursement and the account is not completely legit ( requiring manipulated/forged docs especially to pass review ) then you should pull all the money out of the account before proceeding to review.

Obviously if the account is at least semi-legit/under real name and you will be submitting real unaltered documents then you should not take any chances and just get it out of the way.

The likelihood of failing a review is much higher than the possibility of having your account nuked after the 60 day period if you don't verify
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,213 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellyz View Post
If you have significant funds waiting for disbursement and the account is not completely legit ( requiring manipulated/forged docs especially to pass review ) then you should pull all the money out of the account before proceeding to review.

Obviously if the account is at least semi-legit/under real name and you will be submitting real unaltered documents then you should not take any chances and just get it out of the way.

The likelihood of failing a review is much higher than the possibility of having your account nuked after the 60 day period if you don't verify
here's one thing that you NEED to start understanding... it doesn't mATTER whether the ACC is legit or not. If amazon wants to nuke you, they'll nuke you.
And they'll find any reasons they can find to tell you just not the actual reason.

I'm talking about the 60 day period of re verification. This is their way to sweep accounts and right now they are busy doing the same **** in another country.
Old 05-24-2023

Longevity: 65%

Update on my Re-Verification of my first account: Tried the process, got stuck on the screen for Business Address/Identity. At the bottom of the screen it had a phone number you need to enter, and then click send OTP to that number to continue. Every time I tried it gave me an error message: "You do not have permission to do that" or something similar. So I think the problem is that I was logging into the account from a secondary user that I created long time ago, and I lost the Authenticator app when I was changing phones few years ago on the primary email address/user of the account. FML! So I then went and changed the primary phone number/address with a new phone number I have, but it triggered a post card note to my address to verify the new address/phone number. Then I received a message saying "Urgent, your account may be deactivated if you don't complete the re-verification" and they tried calling me twice on my new number that I provided. So today I called, spoke to someone and they said nothing I can do at the moment until the post card verification of address/phone arrives so I can finish that verification first. They also said not to worry this whole thing is apparently due to the government asking Amazon for all Seller's updated info with the new requirement being effective in June. They deactivated all listings in the account but I can still recall FBA items and the account is not deactivated or anything.
Old 05-25-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,951 Times in 8,242 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Update on my Re-Verification of my first account: Tried the process, got stuck on the screen for Business Address/Identity. At the bottom of the screen it had a phone number you need to enter, and then click send OTP to that number to continue. Every time I tried it gave me an error message: "You do not have permission to do that" or something similar. So I think the problem is that I was logging into the account from a secondary user that I created long time ago, and I lost the Authenticator app when I was changing phones few years ago on the primary email address/user of the account. FML! So I then went and changed the primary phone number/address with a new phone number I have, but it triggered a post card note to my address to verify the new address/phone number. Then I received a message saying "Urgent, your account may be deactivated if you don't complete the re-verification" and they tried calling me twice on my new number that I provided. So today I called, spoke to someone and they said nothing I can do at the moment until the post card verification of address/phone arrives so I can finish that verification first. They also said not to worry this whole thing is apparently due to the government asking Amazon for all Seller's updated info with the new requirement being effective in June. They deactivated all listings in the account but I can still recall FBA items and the account is not deactivated or anything.
little hard on the eyes to read - best to space out for future posts
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
alekov (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023

Activity: 11%

Just submitted my documents. They are asking again for HMRC one saying it was expired (it clearly isn't)

Not sure if this their mistake, or their way of saying they don't like the document......or maybe they know it's stealth and they are just making more work to put ppl off making multiple accounts?
Old 05-25-2023

Longevity: 67%

Chris is that for UK ?
Old 05-25-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjones View Post
Chris is that for UK ?
Yes, UK based. I will resubmit document and see what happens.
Old 05-25-2023

Hi Chris

sorry to be more clear you are talking about reverifying on amazon.co.uk (UK) NOT amazon.com (USA)

I thought re verification thing was just a USA thing
Old 05-25-2023

Quote:
Hi Chris

sorry to be more clear you are talking about reverifying on amazon.co.uk (UK) NOT amazon.com (USA)

Yes, this is Amazon UK. My situation is different in that I changed my bank account for disbursements and was then asked to reverify ID and UTR.
MY ID had expired...but I have other accounts with expired ID so I'm guessing the bank change was the trigger.
Old 05-25-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Chris

no... it usually starts in USA, then UK then other countries.
Old 05-25-2023

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 13%

So many glitches this morning

For those having to submit information regarding the INFORM act I just got off the phone with support and they said it happening to every account older than 6 months. Take that as you will.

My guess is that everyone is going to get it at some point even after the deadline. It's not a bad idea to start preparing now. I changed the information on my stealth account over the course of 2 months without triggering anything. Bank info, LLC info, phone number, business address etc.

I have documents ready but am still looking for a warm body with a U.S citizenship to sacrifice themself for the point of contact info.
Old 05-25-2023

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post

I had a couple of accounts that were on secondary user id because I had lost OTP 2 step info. I first reset the 2 step password on the main account by providing an ID then I started re-verification.
Old 05-25-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerseller44 View Post
so you're saying basically they don't verify what you tell them? Did you make up literally everything? I have 4 stealth accounts and 100k in pending disbursements with a ton of FBA inventory for each account. I really can't afford to mess this up
what documents and info do you have on them?
Old 05-25-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdev View Post
what documents and info do you have on them?
You mean what amazon is asking for?

DL, Bank statement is standard
Old 05-25-2023

Longevity: 82%

Just wanted to update my post from a few pages back since Ive gotten 3-4 Private messages asking.

I was the person who has an S-corp registered on my Amazon account (so only the company name and EIN are linked, no real names)

In the verification process they require a Point of Contact.

After speaking with multiple people at Amazon, I was told I did NOT need to use a name that is linked to the S-corp/EIN registration (Which would have been my real name)

Point of Contact person could basically be any real person. In theory and how I worded it with Amazon in my question, is that your POC can be the person/employee you assigned to run your Amazon account for your company. Basically whoever you consider a manager, person who does the shipping, or person who does the answering of questions etc.

I ended up using a willing friend and everything checked out perfectly.

Just to reiterate the person I used has no association to the EIN or the S-corp registration or owners name etc. Amazon is ok with this as long as you consider them to be the person who runs the account.

I was willing to go as far as putting said friend on the payroll as an hourly employee if they required to see that documentation but they have no so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to xDerekRx For This Useful Post:
Apexpursuit (05-25-2023)
Old 05-26-2023

Longevity: 53%

Lol amazon reactivated my FBA listings. Both on US/CA before i even attempted verification process. They were only down for one week

Now it says only "To comply with the INFORM Consumers Act, which goes into effect on June 27, 2023, Amazon needs to collect and verify information about your Selling on Amazon account. Currently, you have one or more verification action items pending."

Still able to sell and withdraw . I think the listings were only down for 5 days before going back up
Old 05-26-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellyz View Post
Lol amazon reactivated my FBA listings. Both on US/CA before i even attempted verification process. They were only down for one week

Now it says only "To comply with the INFORM Consumers Act, which goes into effect on June 27, 2023, Amazon needs to collect and verify information about your Selling on Amazon account. Currently, you have one or more verification action items pending."

Still able to sell and withdraw . I think the listings were only down for 5 days before going back up
What bothers me is that your asins went down in the first place.
Not sure why because you should have been able to operate normally within that 60 days of verification time line
Old 05-26-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
Just submitted my documents. They are asking again for HMRC one saying it was expired (it clearly isn't)

Not sure if this their mistake, or their way of saying they don't like the document.
When I logged into my account it was asking only for power of attorney letter (and not HMRC document as stated in Amazon email).
I checked Amazon seller forums and this contradiction has happened to others too. One person had passed by sending both POA letter and HMRC document together (as one file upload). I went ahead and did this too and it worked.
Old 05-27-2023

Quote:
When I logged into my account it was asking only for power of attorney letter (and not HMRC document as stated in Amazon email).
I checked Amazon seller forums and this contradiction has happened to others too. One person had passed by sending both POA letter and HMRC document together (as one file upload). I went ahead and did this too and it worked.
This is for Amazon UK verification you were talking about before

AND POA ..is that Plan of Action or Power Of Attorney? I dont understand why Amazon wants a Power of Attorney ?

Also if Amazon is asking for HMRC document I guess means Amazon cannot verify electronically the UTR?

Last edited by peterjones; 05-27-2023 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-27-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,951 Times in 8,242 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

POA = plan of action - Amazon is not trying for power of attorney...thankfully hah
Old 05-27-2023

Quote:
This is for Amazon UK verification you were talking about before

AND POA ..is that Plan of Action or Power Of Attorney? I dont understand why Amazon wants a Power of Attorney ?

Also if Amazon is asking for HMRC document I guess means Amazon cannot verify electronically the UTR?
POA is power of attorney letter. I mentioned it earlier in the same post. It's the one where you say you can represent yourself.

No, they can't verify UTR, otherwise all stealth accounts would be toast (although it does come with a check digit that needs to match up)
Old 05-28-2023

Quote:
POA is power of attorney letter. I mentioned it earlier in the same post. It's the one where you say you can represent yourself.

No, they can't verify UTR, otherwise all stealth accounts would be toast (although it does come with a check digit that needs to match up)

1. Can you explain more and how you can get one or get a template ...never heard of that request for USA ! Although I can see makes sense if you are "Individual X trading as Business Name Y"

2 can you explain "check digit that needs to match"? So could use any valid UTR? What documentary proof did they require or is acceptable to upload eg self assessment form or whatever?

and thanks ...

Last edited by peterjones; 05-28-2023 at 08:11 AM.