Stealth Tax Obligations in Canada - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-07-2023

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 38%
Default Stealth Tax Obligations in Canada

Hello everyone,

Looking for a method to get my Canadian stealth account setup under a Canadian corporation.

I have been running a stealth account for the last 6 months under a friends information. I want to change it over to a corporation and change the banking info so it is not under the friend anymore. My personal Amazon seller account is deactivated.

Can I open a corp in my name and use it for the account or is there a check on the corporation details that Amazon can do that will link it back to me? Does the corporation need to be in the friends name? Could the friend be a 1% owner in the corporation and the other 99% for myself if Amazon does do a check will they see both of us?

Looking for advice from others and what you have done to overcome this.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Stealth Tax Obligations in Canada

Or ask the friend to file taxes for you and you give him a % of the profit.
Old 12-09-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I haven't done this for a Canadian stealth account - I'm sure it's possible but changing the info is going to require paperwork fairly sure
Old 12-12-2023

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 63%

Set up the Corp any way you want, register for HST#.

A corp can have many different businesses under it. File taxes from all online activity under that corp.

We have been set up this way since 2006. At one time we had 8 different online accts tied to the corp. As long as you file your taxes, government doesn't really care. We even passed 2 HST audits with this setup.

If you don't have to change your AZ acct details, then don't. It opens too many possibilities of re-verification.

Best of luck.

PhD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
leamprotan (12-14-2023), rsot (12-14-2023)
Old 12-13-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Set up the Corp any way you want, register for HST#.

A corp can have many different businesses under it. File taxes from all online activity under that corp.

We have been set up this way since 2006. At one time we had 8 different online accts tied to the corp. As long as you file your taxes, government doesn't really care. We even passed 2 HST audits with this setup.

If you don't have to change your AZ acct details, then don't. It opens too many possibilities of re-verification.

Best of luck.

PhD

Thanks for your reply. Trying to figure out the process of how I would do what you've suggested.

So I would open a new corp under my name (not the stealth accounts name). Register for HST #. Use this new corps information on Amazon for the tax interview and input the HST #?

Or would I just keep all amazon account details the same and just input the HST#?
Old 12-14-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamprotan View Post
Thanks for your reply. Trying to figure out the process of how I would do what you've suggested.

So I would open a new corp under my name (not the stealth accounts name). Register for HST #. Use this new corps information on Amazon for the tax interview and input the HST #?

Or would I just keep all amazon account details the same and just input the HST#?
Set up corp. Any name or number is good.
Register for HST for corp.
Keep corp basically invisible from AZ.

Do not change anything on AZ. Apply for HST for AZ business. File HST for this business as zero every year.

File HST for all businesses under corp.

You would be setting up your AZ business as a sub business under the umbrella of the corp.

PhD
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
leamprotan (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Or ask the friend to file taxes for you and you give him a % of the profit.
Phd's process takes a bit more time but is more separate from the friend for long term operations
Old 12-14-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Set up corp. Any name or number is good.
Register for HST for corp.
Keep corp basically invisible from AZ.

Do not change anything on AZ. Apply for HST for AZ business. File HST for this business as zero every year.

File HST for all businesses under corp.

You would be setting up your AZ business as a sub business under the umbrella of the corp.

PhD
Ok, so under the tax settings on my amazon account is the only thing I would change and input the HST number that I got from the new corp here. Leave all other account details the same.

Not sure how the structure of this corp would work - is it easier to just have two different corps? I already have one so could make a new one for this account with a seperate HST number and then still funnel it all through the main corp.

I also want to change this accounts CC and deposit methods eventually to the new corp so would have to change some of the info.

Basically I want to try to get all of the account info (or the majority) of it out of the friends name and into the corp.
Old 12-15-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I also want to change this accounts CC and deposit methods eventually to the new corp so would have to change some of the info.

Basically I want to try to get all of the account info (or the majority) of it out of the friends name and into the corp.
Step by step process as Phd indicated - that being said, nothing with AZ is 100%...so you have to be thorough and go slowly
Old 12-15-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Step by step process as Phd indicated - that being said, nothing with AZ is 100%...so you have to be thorough and go slowly
So for example, update deposit method, wait 3 months, update HST number wait 3 months, update CC. What kind of time period should I be looking at here? Account is just over 6 months currently.
Old 12-16-2023
Executive [VIP]

3 months feels long - i'd say 2-3 weeks feels more in order but I haven't done this actively so I'm just speculating
Old 12-19-2023

Quote:
So for example, update deposit method, wait 3 months, update HST number wait 3 months, update CC. What kind of time period should I be looking at here? Account is just over 6 months currently.
Yes, one step at a time. If an update is done, and you have not heard back from AZ in 2 weeks, move onto next item.

Keep in mind, each change may trigger a verification from AZ.

PhD.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-21-2023)