Amazon Velocity Limits - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%

From my experience I believe that Amazon also has daily velocity limits at least for the 1st 30 days.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN99LHO View Post
"Errors (2)

* Your application to register as a merchant on Amazon has been declined.
* Our review is a proprietary process, and we cannot share the reasons for failed applications, nor the criteria by which applications are evaluated.

"

I see it when I register multi account, anybody what happen to me?
Well considering you are from VIETNAM and might be trying to fool amazon by pretending you are in the USA, that's one possible reason.

Just so you know, the forum needs the flag to be of the country where you are.
Yours is VIETNAM so leave it as that
Old 11-20-2010

Longevity: 80%

My first month I sold about 800... reviewed and within the month it was being reviewed I sold 2300. Last month I sold about 3300 ( 90 items sold - 15 feedback received ) and got a neutral feedback and instant review came after that neutral feedback.
Old 11-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I've also noticed that sometimes they allow some accounts to pass the 750 starting limit. Some of my accounts occasionally get lucky and with no feedback or nothing special get all the way up to the 1,300+ before they talk about review process. The most one account got to before review and no feedback was 1,700. Think its just random luck.
Old 11-20-2010

do velocity limits apply during the holidays? everyone knows that during the holidays sales go through the roof on amazon. I expect to triple my sales. my account is 6 months old, I have not heard of any review notices from amazon yet.

1st month 800.00
2nd month 300.00
3rd month 1800.00
4th month 2500.00
5th month 1200.00
last 30 days 4500.00

100% pos feedback (50)

if I sell 10K the next 30 days, would they consider that a velocity violation?

Thank you!
Old 11-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosmald View Post
do velocity limits apply during the holidays? everyone knows that during the holidays sales go through the roof on amazon. I expect to triple my sales. my account is 6 months old, I have not heard of any review notices from amazon yet.

1st month 800.00
2nd month 300.00
3rd month 1800.00
4th month 2500.00
5th month 1200.00
last 30 days 4500.00

100% pos feedback (50)

if I sell 10K the next 30 days, would they consider that a velocity violation?

Thank you!
There's no way to know for sure, but I mean hitting your velocity limit is nothing to worry about really. If you got 100% feedback then all that will happen is they might pause it for a while and then pass you after the review is done. Not a big deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
carlosmald (11-21-2010)
Old 11-23-2010

Longevity: 78%

My Amazon account just went into review

It has about 15 feedbacks with 71 orders.

It is almost 4 months old. It hit velocity of $750

Two orders are considered late shipment with one being cancelled by Amazon fairly quickly because the confirm button was not hit. That is because I did not have the item and couldn't get it, it is rare

SO I don't know how long it will take but it says 30 days. It says I can expedite the process by sending in info they already have, tracking numbers where and how I get my inventory which is only yard sales and second hand stores etc.. so it is a variety of items, never the same thing so cannot do much for them really to expedite it. I'll sell on this account while they do the review.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
My Amazon account just went into review

It has about 15 feedbacks with 71 orders.

It is almost 4 months old. It hit velocity of $750

Two orders are considered late shipment with one being cancelled by Amazon fairly quickly because the confirm button was not hit. That is because I did not have the item and couldn't get it, it is rare

SO I don't know how long it will take but it says 30 days. It says I can expedite the process by sending in info they already have, tracking numbers where and how I get my inventory which is only yard sales and second hand stores etc.. so it is a variety of items, never the same thing so cannot do much for them really to expedite it. I'll sell on this account while they do the review.

i don't think you will have much problems with the review if your items are listed and sold as used.
Old 11-23-2010

The amazon buyers are so damn annoying. I remember selling 90+ items in 2 weeks and only received 6 feedbacks. 6 out of 90 something!!! Are you kidding me? The no wonder it got suspended...
Old 11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i don't think you will have much problems with the review if your items are listed and sold as used.
Thanks I just hope they don't take a whole 30 days to review it and I am not helping them by sending tracking numbers they already have or answering their questions. They've screwed me up like crazy which is fine but they leave their screw ups in my numbers in customer metrics

That last order that is considered "late" is a order placed just yesterday, computer problems again. The customer emailed me thru amazon and asked me about the shiping date so they can't get out of admitting the computer messed up

The other late shipment is their computer error too but they refuse to admit it. I sold a rare item two weeks prior to them interjecting it back into my inventory somehow and letting a guy buy it. It was rare so I couldn't get another one. They tell me i inputed the number 3 so I keep telling them that though the third one is not in my inventory, so it will somehow show up and be bought a third time. They refuse to note that because that meand accountability and when it happens again, it means their computer made an error a 3rd time

Their computer system is bizarre....

they will not fix their computer system errors and let it go into my customer metrics saying they will make a note of it. I suspect I will be booted after a while but who knows. Been thinking that for a long time now and it hasn't happened.
Old 11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
The amazon buyers are so damn annoying. I remember selling 90+ items in 2 weeks and only received 6 feedbacks. 6 out of 90 something!!! Are you kidding me? The no wonder it got suspended...
That's about what my other account averages in fb so it will probably go down. agreed, it is annoying
Old 11-30-2010

Longevity: 81%

Make sure to empty your account daily.

If there is relatively little money in the account, they will not be able to hold much of your money hostage if they decide to review your account.

They may decide that it is not worth it to suspend your account if there is almost nothing in it.
Old 11-30-2010

how much money you have in your account has nothing to do with it. I had an account with $0 minus unshipped sales I made that day and it was suspended that night. I believe your account gets soft reviews for number of items sold in a day as well. As I had $600 in sales, then I made ~$120 in sales 22 days later and without any notice they suspended my account. The worst part is, it could have been 100% legit if I had bought a bunch of new dvds on black friday for cheap and sold them for more on amazon. Just take your money out asap and give em the stick as often as you can
Old 11-30-2010

I received an email that about 100 dollars went thru, it left Amazon and would take 3-5 days to register in the bank. then they either stole it back from the bank or didn't tell the truth the first time. They reversed it the following day

So they are into $$. their own website tells of their formula regarding implementing a reserve amount and I meet none of the criteria.

No chargebacks, a-z, neutrals or negatives. Their customer metrcis jumps up everyday, now i am at 20% late shipment though I've never been late. This account has some major computer issues
Old 12-06-2010

When my account went into review last time I had just requested my $$$ from them and again a neutral came few hours later and my money never showed up into my bank amazon kept it alright..
Old 12-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Amazon reversed your deposit request.
I am sure if you check back in 90 days you will be able to withdraw your balance.
Melissa1971 (02-18-2011)
Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 81%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
how much money you have in your account has nothing to do with it. I had an account with $0 minus unshipped sales I made that day and it was suspended that night. I believe your account gets soft reviews for number of items sold in a day as well. As I had $600 in sales, then I made ~$120 in sales 22 days later and without any notice they suspended my account. The worst part is, it could have been 100% legit if I had bought a bunch of new dvds on black friday for cheap and sold them for more on amazon. Just take your money out asap and give em the stick as often as you can
  • I am not saying that an account balance is the only criteria that they use in determining to suspend an account. I am just saying that I believe that it is one of many things that they consider. They probably will not suspend an account for no reason at all. They consider a number of things (some of which is unfair) in determining whether to suspend.
  • Selling DVD's seems to lead to suspensions very often. Does any know of a way that will likely not get them suspended?
Old 02-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Yes - they may hold your funds for 90 days if the review finishes and they block your account. All the best.
Old 02-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo216 View Post
I'm guessing most accounts won't get banned after a review if you aren't selling a ton of the same item. Mix things up a bit and see what happens. I haven't tried doing this but I'm going to.
Just curious, are you retarded? What makes you think Amazon is going to ban your account for selling a **** load of 1 item? If that's what your company specializes in, then that's all you can sell. Stop lying to these people, you're making them worry.
Old 02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Here is what I know FOR SURE about Amazon and Velocity Limits...

$750 the first month. Usually a safe bet. If, by some off chance, you get a ton of positive feedbacks, you may be able to exceed that. But getting feedback on Amazon is difficult. On eBay, between 30% and 50% of my buyers leave feedback. On Amazon, it is more like 10% - 20%. And Amazon WANTS 20%.

In subsequent months, you can go over. The more positive feedback you have, the more you can go over. I've never been able to nail the amounts. Some suggest $150 for each positive feedback, but I cannot confirm that.

HOWEVER - if you sell in a high-risk category, such as DVD's, reviews can come at any time, no matter how much feedback you have.

Amazon has soft reviews (my terminology, I don't know what they call them) where a rep reviews your account and all activity is suspended for 10-20 minutes. You can undergo this without ever knowing it.

Then there is the 30 day review. All funds are held in your account until the review is over. Maybe it takes 28 days, maybe 32, but I have not known anyone to get the review done any faster. During this time, it is best to add tracking numbers on EVERYTHING you sell.

Some people use the term review and suspension interchangably, but there is a difference. During a review, you can still list and sell.

Amazon, to my knowledge, does not do suspensions the way that eBay does. If they do not like what you are doing, they simply block you. That means you are banned for life and they hold your money for 90 days from the day the account was blocked.

If you seem to be having a problem in a specific area, like shipping time, a rep will contact you via email and make suggestions as to how you can improve. They will tell you that you have "X" (whatever time period) to improve. That only happened to me once, and my money was not held as in a typical review. I WAS able to get the account back to where it should have been in the first place.

The 30 day reviews are triggered automatically. I have seen them go both ways. Sometimes you pass, other times you don't. One of the posters above said it was $200, but I have to believe that Amazon saw something they did not like, I have had many, MANY Amazon accounts and have never triggered a review after $200 in sales.
I thought I'd add to this

My 30 day review ended the end of December (about 6 weeks ago), though it was really a 24 day review for this new account. it is Mid February and I've done $1975 on the account in January without another review. My positive feedback rate is 25% sometimes up to %28 and once as low as 24% but no lower.
I had one customer file for a chargeback within seconds of me refunding him and it doesn't seem to have affected my account. It is not located in the chargeback section and hasn't show up in customer metrics as of yet

I do not sell Vero, (if I have it was only two items at the most) I am not sure when another review will come but in 6 weeks I doubled or more the amount and it didn't seem to affect anything. I do better each month

Last edited by Melissa1971; 02-18-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

^ I am pretty much in the same situation. I had my review in december, and until now I was average about 800$ a month in sales. This month I'm 3500$, so I am under review again. I just got my first feedback, a few days ago

I have appealed the review and send them invoices and feedback from other places I sell.

This is the response I got yesterday:

Quote:
Hello from Amazon.

Your account review has not yet been completed. We ask for your patience as buyers review their orders and leave feedback on your account.

At this time, we are unable to provide you with additional information or respond to further inquiries on this matter.

We will notify by e-mail when your account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Old 02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
^ I am pretty much in the same situation. I had my review in december, and until now I was average about 800$ a month in sales. This month I'm 3500$, so I am under review again. I just got my first feedback, a few days ago

I have appealed the review and send them invoices and feedback from other places I sell.

This is the response I got yesterday:
Are they holding your funds? I am getting really close to another review then yet really need the money. So if needed, I'll pull back