Metrics Question - Bad feedback and AZ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-29-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Metrics Question - Bad feedback and AZ

if a customer leaves negative feedback and opens an AZ, do both count on your ODR or only one?

I have a customer that wants to return an item 25 days after I authorized the return. She also left me negative feedback for no reason just saying "No".

I emailed her several times and authorized the return just like she wanted and then she fell off for about month. She just sent me a very annoying email after 25 days asking to return the item and for me to send her a prepaid envelope.

She already left me negative feedback and I have really had it with her so my question is, if she opens up an AZ claim does that also count against my ODR or is it only 1 problem per transaction since she already left me negative feedback.

I am sick of dealing with these idiot buyers and I don't want to kiss ass if the damage is already done. I would like to write back an email to her and let her have it and make this as difficult as possible for her.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2013

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Metrics Question - Bad feedback and AZ

Only 1 defect counts against your ODR per order.
Old 10-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

With customers like this it would be nice to just send them an email saying "No" but unfortunately "letting her have it" will not be good for the long term.
She obviously has no idea about the correct procedures and if given any difficulty she may just go down the A-Z route. You could end up losing the product too.
If you bend over for her and do as she says, you may still be in with a chance of her removing the neg.
Unfortunately this is the Cr#p we have to deal with from time to time.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 10-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes I understand quite well. I am just so sick and tired of people like this and she just caught me on a bad day. What irritates me the most is that she types all these messages up like I owe her something; not that she ****ed up and got the wrong product.

Her negative feedback is the only one I have on my account.

I guess I'm just gonna leave this on the side and answer it tomorrow with a cool head.
Old 10-29-2013

Longevity: 66%

If you have messages where she says she selected the wrong product then I would tell her policy in that case is for her to return it at her expense. Chances are good that AZ will back you if you have the evidence and policies to back you up. If this is an expensive item I would get it back first, even if you need to send her a prepaid label. Once you have it back then hit her with a restocking fee.
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
If you have messages where she says she selected the wrong product then I would tell her policy in that case is for her to return it at her expense. Chances are good that AZ will back you if you have the evidence and policies to back you up. If this is an expensive item I would get it back first, even if you need to send her a prepaid label. Once you have it back then hit her with a restocking fee.
yea that's not a bad idea. I'll wait until I get the item back first.
Old 10-30-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Buyers online are so tough I guess because all communication is impersonal that buyers forget us sellers are hard working people just trying to make a living for us and our families.

And they have no concept of the hard work that we do and entirely too critical

To a buyer there just talking to a computer and also don't understand how small the margin for error sellers are given

I understand its business but I feel that if the seller makes a mistake should be given an opportunity to redeem themselves before it gets documented as an error and buyers should also not have it so easy to give negatives.

I understand that nothing is perfect and although flawed we all can get amazon and ebay to work for us but they need to factor in humans are not perfect and sometimes wrong items sent, damaged in delivery, etc... But if the response time and solution come within hours of an issue than a sellers account shouldn't be condemned to death , the metrics and DSRs need to factor in the entire experience and not just one buyers emotions, who can be totally irrational , and leave a negative without even messaging a seller.

This is the biggest problem I see with these selling platforms with ebay you can have 200 positive experiences which to make 200 buyers happy is a feat in its own but if there's 3 low scores from just 3 buyers that's it ur on the way out which drives me crazy sometimes .

Those weeks were I just run with both forums and send out 800 packages and know each day an issue will arise especially when you see 300 orders arrived in one day I feel I'm putting out fires I have 6 devices going at once ready with cleared cookies and new IPS, because buyers are tough,

I ran a banquet hall , restaurant and lounge , sometimes servicing 800-900 people a day and I find this more stressful sometimes because the buyer doesn't have that personal connection makes customer service much harder and the buyer much more impatient and tend to blow up the smallest issue just in fear that they have in their head that it's that easy to scam them

If I wasn't involved in the service industry for over 20 years (age12-33) I would never be able to handle this, friends I have helped take everything so personal and end up making an argument rather a solution that they had it after a week online, they thought I was making good money sitting at home and never realized that this job is harder than most. I'm amazed I have few powerseller accounts that I was able to work my customer service skills so well where out of 600 transactions have a perfect account, or 1 low score( metrics, DSRs )

Anyway sorry for the rant , just reading ur post struck a nerve LOL,

Thanks for the therapy everyone and goodluck
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
zoneout (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Buyers online are so tough I guess because all communication is impersonal that buyers forget us sellers are hard working people just trying to make a living for us and our families.

And they have no concept of the hard work that we do and entirely too critical

To a buyer there just talking to a computer and also don't understand how small the margin for error sellers are given

I understand its business but I feel that if the seller makes a mistake should be given an opportunity to redeem themselves before it gets documented as an error and buyers should also not have it so easy to give negatives.

I understand that nothing is perfect and although flawed we all can get amazon and ebay to work for us but they need to factor in humans are not perfect and sometimes wrong items sent, damaged in delivery, etc... But if the response time and solution come within hours of an issue than a sellers account shouldn't be condemned to death , the metrics and DSRs need to factor in the entire experience and not just one buyers emotions, who can be totally irrational , and leave a negative without even messaging a seller.

This is the biggest problem I see with these selling platforms with ebay you can have 200 positive experiences which to make 200 buyers happy is a feat in its own but if there's 3 low scores from just 3 buyers that's it ur on the way out which drives me crazy sometimes .

Those weeks were I just run with both forums and send out 800 packages and know each day an issue will arise especially when you see 300 orders arrived in one day I feel I'm putting out fires I have 6 devices going at once ready with cleared cookies and new IPS, because buyers are tough,

I ran a banquet hall , restaurant and lounge , sometimes servicing 800-900 people a day and I find this more stressful sometimes because the buyer doesn't have that personal connection makes customer service much harder and the buyer much more impatient and tend to blow up the smallest issue just in fear that they have in their head that it's that easy to scam them

If I wasn't involved in the service industry for over 20 years (age12-33) I would never be able to handle this, friends I have helped take everything so personal and end up making an argument rather a solution that they had it after a week online, they thought I was making good money sitting at home and never realized that this job is harder than most. I'm amazed I have few powerseller accounts that I was able to work my customer service skills so well where out of 600 transactions have a perfect account, or 1 low score( metrics, DSRs )

Anyway sorry for the rant , just reading ur post struck a nerve LOL,

Thanks for the therapy everyone and goodluck
great post. It's so true though. I think because buyers can't put a face to the seller, they assume we are just some sort of computer that is making a ton load of money online by selling these items.

When an order goes bad (Amazon does this too I feel like) buyers automatically think of the seller as some 17 year old sitting in his parents basement trying to scam people by selling ****ty products and stealing money. Its hard for them to understand that errors might happen.

Its the same thing that you said though, when you have made 200 customers really happy, the 3 that complained shouldn't even matter. You, as a seller, are already showing that you are delivering great products and are serious about this.

Also for people that sell in those numbers, its safe to say that online sales are a main part of their income. Because of that, its very likely that they know what they are doing and would not jeopardize their account by trying to scam a buyer out of $5.

I believe that, not taking care of the sellers, is Amazon's and ebay's biggest flaw. I know they are giants in the onlinie retail business but I believe that slowly competition will get to them. There are already small markets where sellers can sell their items and they will gain ground over time. Not to mention that AliExpress has already gained a lot of ground on them.
Old 10-30-2013

Activity: 29%

Also remember people are not observant (dumb). Many actually think they are buying from AZ directly, not a 3rd party seller, especially when it is FBA.