Selling branded EMPTY boxes on "EBAY" - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 01-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Customer emails me, all worried that I'm gonna rip him off. .
Well then obviously he thinks its a watch and not a box. Nobody is going to worry about getting ripped off on an empty box. Unless they are completely daft

People think they are watches or whatever, not boxes.

I dont care what you put in ad. If some idiot buys an empty box for an unreasonable amount and you dont make it clear thats what they bought, you are in fact scamming them
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Well then obviously he thinks its a watch and not a box. Nobody is going to worry about getting ripped off on an empty box. Unless they are completely daft

People think they are watches or whatever, not boxes.

I dont care what you put in ad. If some idiot buys an empty box for an unreasonable amount and you dont make it clear thats what they bought, you are in fact scamming them
No, he obvious thinks that ebay just removed a listing completely and that he is being scammed by a seller and now has no proof of the ebay transaction or any ability to leave feedback thereafter.

There is absolutely no way anyone would be able to be fooled by this listing. The watch sells for 20 times what the box sold for, so if he customer is THAT stupid in thinking it's a watch, when I clearly show there is no watch, then he's an idiot. It is still a $110 item, so unless YOU have money to spare, then the rest of us normal folks will be worried about getting scammed. Hell, unless you only have a few months on ebay, you would have experienced customers bitching and worrying over $5.

I specifically say that this is a perfect BOX to use as a gift box if you happen to buy a used watch.
Old 01-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I got from your post that you were clear it was just a box, I see boxes listed all the time, but if the rights owner says no ball, you have to accept it or lose account trying...
sell them elsewhere or if you have to use ebay, sell on multiple accounts, they often wont get you on first item, but they watch for second then bam..
Old 01-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I got from your post that you were clear it was just a box, I see boxes listed all the time, but if the rights owner says no ball, you have to accept it or lose account trying...
sell them elsewhere or if you have to use ebay, sell on multiple accounts, they often wont get you on first item, but they watch for second then bam..
They caught me once. I wonder what they do if they have to delete another listing....

One of my listings didn't get erased, and it was the one that had a model name in the title. I guess they see that as a real watch and don't bother to click to see its just a box. I got lucky that time, and then someone bought the box a few days later. I think I wanna wait a little tho to try my luck again.
Old 02-13-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Tag and empty boxes? Where did the watches go?

Top of the line stuff and nothing inside the box.

Something is not adding up.

Any Tag product will be "watched" closely and if there is anything suspicious in the listing it will go down quickly.
Old 02-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Tag and empty boxes? Where did the watches go?

Top of the line stuff and nothing inside the box.

Something is not adding up.

Any Tag product will be "watched" closely and if there is anything suspicious in the listing it will go down quickly.
Depends on the situation. A lot of my watch boxes are brand new, sealed in boxes of 20, never to have been associated with a watch. So, where did the watches go? There never were any. Unless you are to suggest that they only make enough boxes to match with the watches they made. Also ignoring any watches that were destroyed, turned into spare parts, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ returned in real boxes to scam the company, or any of the other scenarios that happen on a daily basis. Did I add everything up?

These aren't watched, and aren't suspicious. They are just against policy, period. Policy which Tag Heuer pushed through with the help of their lawyers. Then there are people who sell boxes, complaining on other people, so that they have more of the market, until they get complained on themselves. Then there are companies such as Rolex, that has their law firms actively searching for Rolex products. The way the rules work that they made up, is that NOTHING rolex can be sold, if it can not be bought directly from rolex. If you received a rolex gift bag from the store, you can not sell it. If you have a tiny dust cloth, or plastic wrapping from inside the bag, you can not sell it.
Old 02-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Selling just the boxes is pretty common on ebay. When the PS3 and Wii came out, I used to sell just the empty boxes. I would get them from a friend (store Manager) who worked at Gamestop. Those empty boxes went for close to $60 each, we would split the profit in half.

I was making $300 per week for many months until ebay shut me down. One stupid customer complained that the box was empty with no Wii inside and ebay perma banned that account. Gotta love stupid people....
Old 03-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have to believe that Ebays big problem with selling this type of thing is that there are two fold:

(1) a LOT of buyers who are basically Stupid and think that they are getting the actual article that is supposed to be in the box, as opposed to ONLY the box

(2) the other is Lowlife Sellers who go above and Beyond to create a Listing the leads Potential buyers to believe that they are actually buying the actual article, Sellers who bury the fact that the Listing is ONLY for the box.

If I were Ebay I Might also Frown on these type of Listings
Old 03-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
I have to believe that Ebays big problem with selling this type of thing is that there are two fold:

(1) a LOT of buyers who are basically Stupid and think that they are getting the actual article that is supposed to be in the box, as opposed to ONLY the box

(2) the other is Lowlife Sellers who go above and Beyond to create a Listing the leads Potential buyers to believe that they are actually buying the actual article, Sellers who bury the fact that the Listing is ONLY for the box.

ebays big problem is that they are pandering to big companies with big wallets. They don't do this for every brand or product. Just certain ones. And they don't generally care, until some vero punk rats someone out.

If companies were out to protect stupid buyers, then half the products on the market would be taken off.

Same argument can be made for just about anything.

" well, I didn't know it wasn't a REAL Ferrari".

and the second one. Well, there is such thing as discretion. If a seller has 100+ feedback at 100%, I think we can pretty much assume that he's not out to rip anyone off, and there for should be left alone. But, that's not the case. If I have 100% feedback, and clear as day say I only have the box, then it should be allowed.

Why are parts allowed on ebay? Someone can think that the watch strap constitutes a real watch, and not the strap? Or the Xbox game package, is actually a package with the system.

Ebay doesn't need anymore people making excuses for their piss poor tactics.
Old 03-06-2011
MU

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

You mean stupid customers like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-iPod-touch-4...=item19c39eb33
Old 03-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Im was not trying to make Excuses for Ebays tactics, Not at all,,I was simply attempting to Interpret Ebay's Reasoning for their Actions

In a Lot of Situations when you Understand why they are Doing something, a "Workaround" can be Discovered, I Make no Such claim in this Situation, but Im sure that you Understand what I Mean.

Is is WELL Documented that Ebay Panders to Large Companies, There is NO DOUBT about that, I Can Only Imagine that they Truly Fear Lawsuits whereas Amazon and others do not care,

As for feedback, we all Know that Feedback means Nothing to Ebay

and as for Sellers with NO Morals, you MUST Understand that this is a Reality that Ebay MUST Deal with, and that this is how they deal with it.

Just because MOST Sellers cannot Rip someone off or even entertain the Thought of Ripping someone off, does NOT Mean that People like that do not exist.

Unfortunately, they do, that is why we have all the Problems that we do with Ebay/Paypal and others it is the MAIN Reason for the Existence of this forum

Last edited by slapped; 03-14-2011 at 09:11 AM.