Selling branded EMPTY boxes on "EBAY" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 09-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Selling branded EMPTY boxes on "EBAY"

Alright, so I sell branded watch boxes. I have a ton of them that I got about 4 years ago, before ebay suspended me. Been holding onto them for awhile, and only recently, I finally had the guts to open up an ebay account. I have a bunch of Tag Heuer, which I know are removed pretty quickly. I know that the trick is to put them as " vintage" but that doesn't work with some boxes.

I was wondering if I could get away with selling a watch part, that comes with a free watch box? Obviously, the cost of the part will be equal to the cost of the box and part.

and of course, as we all know, the big sellers never seem to have trouble with this....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Why would you sell the box only?
Old 09-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

So people can sell them on ioffer as a watch and then put "box only" in tiny letters at the bottom of the page, lol.
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Why would you sell the box only?
Cause I don't have the watches? And hell, at the prices watches are selling for on there, I might as well part out the few watches I do have left.
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
So people can sell them on ioffer as a watch and then put "box only" in tiny letters at the bottom of the page, lol.
what they do with the boxes after they leave my hands lol is non of my business. Tho I suppose that's why ebay doesn't allow them on there in the first place...
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
TeachMe (03-04-2011)
Old 09-06-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I just don't understand what you would do with them... sell a different watch?
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I just don't understand what you would do with them... sell a different watch?
Well, there are a few things that my customers want watch boxes for. Mostly, they want to sell a used watch that they bought, in a box. Having a box brings up the value of the watch, A LOT.

Then you have people who just want a box for a watch they bought. Either because they bought it with out a box, or possibly lost it or damaged theirs. I get a lot of customers who have feedback with a lot of used watches buys. So they buy a watch and a box seperate, and sell both for more then either.

Then you have people who want to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches. Those are the people who ruined it for me..
Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'Real' Tag Heuer anything on a brand new account and you think you will get away with listing them? I wish you luck.
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
'Real' Tag Heuer anything on a brand new account and you think you will get away with listing them? I wish you luck.
You mean I can't even sell actual watches? . Man, ebay sucks.

My account got suspended 4 years ago because ebay said I wasn't sure if my watches were real or not. How they came to that conclusion? I had

"Guaranteed 100% authentic or your money back" on my listing. There for, I'm not sure if it's real, and if it's not, I'll give them their money back. I'm guessing the power sellers didn't like that I was selling watches cheaper then all of them. Ahh well.
Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Of items to have picked even four years ago, Tag Heuer were hot then....
as in cut the throat of sellers trying to undercut the main ones.
Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Then you have people who want to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches. Those are the people who ruined it for me..
Maybe, but they must be at least 90% of the market for these...

I'll never understand it anyway. People know that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ luxury watches are out there, but they think that because it comes with A BOX and a STICKER that it must be real???
Old 09-06-2010

Longevity: 82%

Wouldn't it be great if we could just sell what we wanted. If only eBay were governed by the laws of supply and demand rather than VeRO, the government and competition.

As for your watch boxes, I have no experience with this. My only suggestion would be to auction it off as nothing more than an empty watch box without using any designer name in the title or description. I don't know if that would work though.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Maybe, but they must be at least 90% of the market for these...

I'll never understand it anyway. People know that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ luxury watches are out there, but they think that because it comes with A BOX and a STICKER that it must be real???
Most of the people buying from me were all high end stores with large feedbacks and years of being on ebay.
Old 09-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Wouldn't it be great if we could just sell what we wanted. If only eBay were governed by the laws of supply and demand rather than VeRO, the government and competition.

As for your watch boxes, I have no experience with this. My only suggestion would be to auction it off as nothing more than an empty watch box without using any designer name in the title or description. I don't know if that would work though.
I guess that would work, because VERO wouldn't really be able to find it unless they were really looking. Hell, there are a ton of them on ebay that never get taken off, and that's with the clear designer name in the title. As long as people click on it, then it would be fine. It's having people notice it that is the problem. Tho, with it not costing to much to put them up, and having them on buy it now, and with help from having other products in my store so that people can find corresponding products... it might work out.
Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Make sure you make it clear there is only the box. People dont look very close at ads [surprising when they are spending money, but they dont] or you will get high bids from folks mistaking the item. I've seen sellers do that before and they let the buyer assume the item is there and its sleazy.
Old 09-10-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

The main reason they are removed from eBay is because those are heavily replicated along with other expensive brands. Let us know how it goes when listing them since I can get those from my supplier too! :D
Old 09-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think you Guys are ALL Missing the Boat here,,,Remember the Empty Box has a Brand Name attached to it as well as a Logo and Maybe even a Special Box Design,,,ALL That Type of Stuff is ALL Trademarked, Copyrighted,ect,ect,,,and by selling it ,,,well,,,it's Infringment,,Plain and Simple,,,Also take into Account that these Companies Do Not Sell Empty Boxes,,,so the Odds of these Boxes being Counterfeit is 99%,,,After all How Many True Legit Watch Boxes or Whatever can 1 Individual really Have??

As for Big time Watch Dealers Buying them,,Well that makes PERFECT Sense,,They cannot Buy Legit Boxes,,,But they OFTEN get Legit Used or Broken Watches, by Tradein or whatever that could use a Box, to bring in a Little More Money,,,
Old 09-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
I think you Guys are ALL Missing the Boat here,,,Remember the Empty Box has a Brand Name attached to it as well as a Logo and Maybe even a Special Box Design,,,ALL That Type of Stuff is ALL Trademarked, Copyrighted,ect,ect,,,and by selling it ,,,well,,,it's Infringment,,Plain and Simple,,,Also take into Account that these Companies Do Not Sell Empty Boxes,,,so the Odds of these Boxes being Counterfeit is 99%,,,After all How Many True Legit Watch Boxes or Whatever can 1 Individual really Have??

As for Big time Watch Dealers Buying them,,Well that makes PERFECT Sense,,They cannot Buy Legit Boxes,,,But they OFTEN get Legit Used or Broken Watches, by Tradein or whatever that could use a Box, to bring in a Little More Money,,,
I'm not missing the boat. It's not infringement of any kind. I'm selling boxes that were bought FROM Tag Heuer. I mean, jeez, THEY made them. They obviously made more boxes then watches sold. I have about 30 of them, and had many more before. So to answer your question, one individual can have at least 30 Tag Heuer LEGIT watch boxes. That's not counting all the other high end legit boxes I have. I've only seen a couple ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on ebay, which you can clearly see are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and the ones that I have bought were all real. So, your 99% number is way way off.

The reason Tag Heuer doesn't want people selling their boxes, even if a person has ONE box, and even if it's a used box, is because they don't want people selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches in their box. That's at least their reasoning for it. If a person can't tell their multi thousand dollar watch is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, yet some how is able to recognize a real box, and there for feel comfortable about their purchase, then they pretty much deserve to be ripped off. More money then brains.

How that is any of tags business, and how ebay is responsible for it, I have no idea. I'm surprised they allow watch parts to even be sold on ebay, they way they are acting.
Old 09-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Make sure you make it clear there is only the box. People dont look very close at ads [surprising when they are spending money, but they dont] or you will get high bids from folks mistaking the item. I've seen sellers do that before and they let the buyer assume the item is there and its sleazy.
ironically, if my auction seemed like a watch was included....there wouldn't be any problems. The issue I'm coming into is that I make it completely clear that this is only a box, and there for am not allowed to sell it.
Old 09-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

are you saying tag told you they dont want you selling them for that reason, or is it your assumption? maybe the takedowns are because the rights owner thinks they are f akes - fak e tag boxes exist, Ive seen them on i offer along with the watch....

if they are made by tag, then approach them for clearance.....(they may tell you to go play with the traffic, but worth a try)

...but reading between the lines, Im not so sure these boxes are real anyway...I mean why would you have a bunch of empty real boxes....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
are you saying tag told you they dont want you selling them for that reason, or is it your assumption? maybe the takedowns are because the rights owner thinks they are f akes - fak e tag boxes exist, Ive seen them on i offer along with the watch....

if they are made by tag, then approach them for clearance.....(they may tell you to go play with the traffic, but worth a try)

...but reading between the lines, Im not so sure these boxes are real anyway...I mean why would you have a bunch of empty real boxes....
Because I have connections lol. I knew a lot of people in the watch industry.

Most of them are from store closeouts. They are shipped separate from the watches I think. I have one large box of 20 direct from the manufacturer, right from Switzerland. I don't think Tag even makes boxes? Not sure tho. If Tag doesn't make their own boxes, then these boxes were meant to go to Tag. Or, Tag sends boxes and watches separate. I'm not a dealer and have never dealt with the manufacturer directly, so I'm not all to sure how that works. Not a single one of the hundreds of various boxes that I have, are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tho.

I'm not making assumptions tho. The reason branded products of any kind aren't allowed on ebay, is because ebay has been sued by a few companies for allowing people to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗, in real packages.

I mean, really. Why would it make sense that they don't want people selling boxes, because most of them are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. They might as well not allow people to sell watches either.
This is why ebay says anything that you can't buy from the manufacturer, is not allowed.

Quote:
For a safer buying and selling experience on eBay, we prohibit listings for certain products that may be used to facilitate the sale of counterfeit items or enable fraud.
There for, the take downs are because the rights owner is trying to avoid someone buying real boxes, and selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

I mean, obviously, boxes are getting out there. I have dozens. Other sellers on ebay with thousands of feedback, are selling them all the time. I have boxes full of instructions and tags and warranty cards. Because, as I said, all this stuff is distributed separately. I doubt they make a certain amount of boxes that equal the amount of watches they make.

This is what I have . http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...z/PB130353.jpg
if you know about watches, you'll know those are real.

Last edited by james13v; 09-10-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2010
MU

Those sure is some purdy boxes.

Who would buy the box? No offense... but you might want to consider a different product lineup....