contact buyer - 5 cases opened today - grr - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default contact buyer - 5 cases opened today - grr

Does anyone else have problems contacting buyer? I have tried many times, and the box pops up, but you cant type a message ( I only use laptop )

I have had 5 people open a case TODAY , by " wanting to know where there stuff is"
I have 5 business days on stuff ( we live in the direct line of the hurricane , so i wanted to not have to deal with buyers if needed, not sure if we will lose power etc )
anyway 5 people opened cases, 3 were just checking if it will be shipped
( no - it says 5 days )
2 people are " missing " something, 1 was delivered, and other im trying to locate via my post office.
but the 3 cases , all said they cant contact seller..
I tried sending messages to all my sellers, and i cant communicate with them ( yes i know how)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: contact buyer - 5 cases opened today - grr

How old is this account?

Having 5 INR cases opened in such a short period of time is likely going to cause issues.

I'd contact those people asap and explain to them about the hurricane affecting your region. Unfortuantely eBay's automated system isn't going to care much about that, so try and resolve them with direct contact if possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
sluster2016 (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017

Longevity: 72%

5 INR's all at once?

He says he can't contact them.

Try to dig their email out of the PP payment info and email them directly not via EB. Do this with all your possibly delayed packages.

Tell them what's going on and pray for forgiveness, refund if you have to, get these things closed without EB having to intervene. If they have to refund for you it's going to be really, really bad.

You should put your remaining listings on vacation until this mess blows over and postal service is working properly again.

If you don't have any backups better get some. You're like a ship in a hurricane, taking on water, and if you aren't immediately proactive you're probably going to sink on this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
sluster2016 (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
How old is this account?

Having 5 INR cases opened in such a short period of time is likely going to cause issues.

I'd contact those people asap and explain to them about the hurricane affecting your region. Unfortuantely eBay's automated system isn't going to care much about that, so try and resolve them with direct contact if possible.

Hi, its 18 mos old, im going to TRY to keep it, i have a gut feeling im going to lose it at some point. frustrating since nothing was past due when cases were opened.
but yes its a lot of open cases.
I have emailed everyone else letting them know, and responded to all cases.
as of today, im still above standard, 3% late shipment ( 25 of 767 items )
BUT - when we were on our cruise earlier this month 10 days, i had vacation notifier on, handing times at 10 days, i sold over 300 items, i had about 20 people mad because they didnt read 10 business days.
so i have been refunding via paypal, sending money and acting like i couldnt figure out how to refund, couple buyer requests cancel , and offering extra items to keep them happy.. refunding 20 people wasnt easy..
but im going to TRY to keep this one.. sucks.
Old 08-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
5 INR's all at once?

He says he can't contact them.

Try to dig their email out of the PP payment info and email them directly not via EB. Do this with all your possibly delayed packages.

Tell them what's going on and pray for forgiveness, refund if you have to, get these things closed without EB having to intervene. If they have to refund for you it's going to be really, really bad.

You should put your remaining listings on vacation until this mess blows over and postal service is working properly again.

If you don't have any backups better get some. You're like a ship in a hurricane, taking on water, and if you aren't immediately proactive you're probably going to sink on this one.
Thanks, I did email the rest of the customers, i even emailed orders that dont have to be shipped until next wednesday.
I dont have backups, I guess I need to look into that.
Sucks, since the cases that were opened werent even supposed to be shipped until next week. This acct is 18 mos old. 3000 items or 75k.
Sigh..
Old 08-26-2017

Longevity: 72%

Problem is you can put a 10 day time before shipping on your listings, but if the customer doesn't get it in a few days they're going to do what they did here anyway. They just don't read the details and they just don't care.

Unfair, but customers are crazy these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
sluster2016 (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Unfortunately most buyers seem to impatient morons and this sort of thing happens. You're doing all you can here, as obviously the weather (and I hope you're okay!) isn't your fault and for some reason people can't put 2 and 2 together in these situations.

I hope you can handle both storms you're facing and not be harmed, but as others have said get some back up stores!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
sluster2016 (08-26-2017)
Old 08-27-2017

Longevity: 78%

Ok. So, to my knowledge, a costumer can not open an item not received case, until after the estimated delivery time is over. If you had a 5 day handling time, they can complain, but they should not be able to open cases unless you've taken even longer. Information is missing here.

And if you are in the right, then ebay will definitely help you out if you were in line of the hurricane
Old 08-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Ok. So, to my knowledge, a costumer can not open an item not received case, until after the estimated delivery time is over. If you had a 5 day handling time, they can complain, but they should not be able to open cases unless you've taken even longer. Information is missing here.

And if you are in the right, then ebay will definitely help you out if you were in line of the hurricane
I will call tomorrow and see, it also looks like on some if my offer accepted it changed the delivery date?