eBay Sellers Squeezed with Auctiva's Move from Free to Fee - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

I belive Kyozou was free...Havent tried them myself
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2009

Longevity: 98%

Does Kyozou do integrated authorize.net checkout?
Old 06-04-2009

Longevity: 94%

does anyone know whether inkfrog share information with ebay such as ip address cookies etc?
Old 06-05-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Does Kyozou do integrated authorize.net checkout?
Haven't signed up, but I think they do.

Kyozou | Power Your Online Marketplace

Collect payment from buyers:
Customer Shopping Cart & Checkout :: Kyozou gets you paid

• Kyozou checkout makes payment collection easy and automatic
• Easily accept checks, money orders or credit cards with full PayPal and Authorize.net support
• Reduces non-payment with automatic payment reminders and reports

Old 06-05-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavaja View Post
does anyone know whether inkfrog share information with ebay such as ip address cookies etc?
They allow you to add multiple eBay accounts to a single IF account, so I wouldn't assume so. You should send them a quick email to verify though.

I signed up a few days ago, and have received many emails from them regarding things they are doing to make switching from Auctiva easier. They seem to have very good communication, and they also seem to be much smaller (employee size) in comparison. One of the things that they are trying to get done today, is a Auctiva template importer. I don't think it's actually going to import the Auctiva templates (copyrights), but I think their goal is to strip out the Auctiva template, and apply one of theirs. This way you don't have to completely recreate them. This is one of the emails I received yesterday.

I haven't used them yet, but signed up so I could get a feel for the sight. I will post back after I know more. Also; I have used Auction Zealot this week, and it seems to be decent (for free), but they don't have authorize.net capabilities yet.

Old 06-05-2009

For those who want to sell outside of eBay, I think you should really look into

Kyozou | Powers Your Online Marketplace or Robust eCommerce Solution with a Free Online Store - Vendio Platform.

They both have the ability to submit to multiple platforms.
  • eBay
  • Amazon
  • Overstock
  • Shopzilla,
  • Google Products
  • You own website

Old 06-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Once again... are there any free sites that can connect to eBay checkout to do unlinked payments from eBay to authorize.net?
Checkout Kyozou | Powers Your Online Marketplace

They have authorize.net integration.

Old 06-05-2009

Longevity: 86%

Although I did like using auctiva because it's easy to log in and post from any ip.. them going to a paid service won't really be a huge deal for me.. I won't be paying to use their serevice. I will just post direct from ebay.

The one thing I will miss was the image gallery.. but now i'll just use photobucket or something.

when life throws punches you gotta roll wit em
Old 06-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Inkfrog - Very user friendly ~~ Took me 15 minutes to get my first listing made.
Cost - $10/month LOCKED for 3 years.

Vendio - Not as friendly ~~ Took me 1 hour to get my first listing made.
Cost - Auctiva Refugees are free for 2009 & $10 for 2010

Kyozou - Not friendly at all ~~ 24 hours later I am still working on the first listing.
Cost - Unknown at this time

Channel Advisor - No free trial to work with.
Cost - $500 + 1% of selling price

For simple eBay listing and for the money Inkfrog is looking better and better.
I am test driving InkFrog today and I am liking it.
Old 06-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

Channel Advisor, oh damn, I remember people quit them years ago because they started gouging and well they still are.
Old 06-09-2009

Longevity: 86%

First of all, I am a single mom of 3 kids and I am trying to make a few extra bucks by selling on ebay. What makes Auctiva think that I would give them my few extra bucks for something I don't have to have. Along with gas, cable, water, and all the other bills that I have that are going up and extra fees why would I want to add an extra bill? Yea it seems like Auctiva is gripeing about Greedbay, but what they fail to realize is that Ebay did it right from the start, alot of sellers NEED Ebay. Auctiva messed it up from the start. Auctiva Offered a "Free" service,( which I must say is worth more than free) and cheap people like myself jump all over FREEl. Well, ummm now you want to charge frugal people some high, crazy amounts of fees to people who are already nickle and dimed to death by ebay and paypal. Do you realize that there are sooo many people are effected by this "recession"? We have to save every dollar we have. Honey, (Jeff I think that's the name of the CEO) I'm not letting you put your hand in my pocket shoot your services are like cable services, It's wanted, but not a necessity., I'm positive you have enough money already from the insurance. Stop the Greed... your rich enough.. $100 a month means some groceries, diapers, and things that are NEEDED to get by. $100 bucks to you, ha ha I'm sure you would have no problem tossing that at your nearest strip club along with many more hundred dollar bills and not think crap of it. I'm not donating to you living above your means. You wake up your in your million dollar house watching your expensive tv and eating your expensive food I'm over here struggling to keep a roof over my head and my food in my children's mouth..living pay check to pay check... I need the donations not you! Yes, you probably worked hard to come up with Auctiva, in that sense you deserve to be rewarded, but along with success you should fall to greed, you know that is one of the seven deadly sins right?

There has got to be something behind this all, this has got to be some kind of a scam, because big time CEO's and Big time Companies don't wake up one morning and say hmmm today I'm going to make the dumbest business move ever and run all my customers out the door. Businesses just don't do what they did without research, board meetings, and just plain using common sense. I won't say I like to see anyone fail, but for people who don't use common sense, they might just deserve to fail so they can learn a valuable lesson. I keep hearing are you going or staying. Shoot, I'm staying on.. no pics, not posting, but using their html formatting. lol At least I can still do that for free.
Old 06-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

For people who only desire image hosting, maybe try MyOtherDrive.com – Online Storage & Backup
For people who only desire HTML, try HTML Editor, Flash & Web Design Software | CoffeeCup Software and learn just a tiny bit of actual coding for troubleshooting purposes. Coffeecup does have a completely free version, not just the time-limited trial version you'll find on their main page. Make your listing WYSIWYG, switch to the raw tab, copy and paste. Voila!

To be angry that Auctiva is going to start charging for the service, and basing the anger on the fact that ebay fees and pp fees are your justification for being angry at Auctiva? That is completely inane (there is no 's' because I didn't mean insane). It isn't Auctiva's fault that ebay and pp are leeches... Did you get pissed at Chevy, Ford, and Toyota when the price of gas went up? I mean really... Direct your outrage where it properly belongs.

Me, I'd be willing to pay what Auctiva is asking, if I could use more than like 3 features... They provide decent services, I'm just too stupid or too lazy to learn how to use most of it when I can already do most of it in a way I already know how. If they priced a la carte, I'd pay for what I used. As it is, I've decided to go au naturale, instead. But that's me.
Old 07-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Thanks, I pay les tha $10 for dial up with AOL and am not limited. Maybe it would be even more cost effective for me to pay Auctiva, and have things I am used to and still less than $30 a month. Hmm, but thanks anyway Eseller!
lyda,
i use dialup aol, have you noticed it is slow as hell?????
it's frustrating to wait and wait to have the webpages load. are you having the same probelm?
Old 08-20-2009

Longevity: 87%

Does Auction Zealot share info with ebay?
Old 10-04-2009

Longevity: 89%

i have used Auctiva several times & i think it's good as marketing tool ( if u sell a lot of items ).. and give a best way to make is don't use have trouble w/ ebay