Please contact DHL - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Please contact DHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
My international suppliers all accept PP and CC's, as well as all the other non-refundable methods as well. Every supplier I've dealt with takes every imaginable method of payment.

Under no circumstances would I pay anyone via a method that can't be charged back if they don't perform.

Then again, I only spend 60-80K anually on overseas suppliers and get maybe 20 or so shipments a year... so what do I know...
Big international business would never have real wholesale prices and accept CC or Paypal. You are paying much more for goods if they can afford the fees and accept the risk. Odds are you are buying from 3rd or 4th party sellers in small quantities. Nothing wrong with that, but that is really small business high costs of goods. I would NEVER accept paypal wholesale and my big buyers ONLY want to do Bank Transfers across borders.

Last edited by yankee; 01-20-2018 at 10:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-22-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

If you call DHL, they will tell you exactly what the issue is at hand. What do they say? What are they asking for?

When you say "original" what does that mean? Some one else trademarked goods? Or your own?
Old 01-21-2018

Longevity: 73%

Largely depends on what you're buying. I only deal in low risk items, and in the old days in basic commodities, no electronics or custom spec work.

Two way trust in overseas transactions is unheard of.

I wouldn't bank transfer funds to anyone in China. I doubt even a company like Apple bank transfers funds to Foxcon until they have the container in their hands and have confirmed the product is counted and correct and as specified.

That's what escrow is for.
Old 01-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Largely depends on what you're buying. I only deal in low risk items, and in the old days in basic commodities, no electronics or custom spec work.

Two way trust in overseas transactions is unheard of.

I wouldn't bank transfer funds to anyone in China. I doubt even a company like Apple bank transfers funds to Foxcon until they have the container in their hands and have confirmed the product is counted and correct and as specified.

That's what escrow is for.
You are mistaken in many ways. If you say unheard of, then you simply have very limited or small quantity experience.

Trust is earned both ways over time. Paypal fees are far and away to big for true factory wholesale business. I dont accept it and non of my vendors do for large orders. Heck, you cant even send more than 10K at one time with paypal.

Now, for most people on this forum, credit card payment through paypal is the best option, but once you gain trust, save that insane exchange rate and paypal fees and knock 10-20% off your cost of goods. Start small and go from there. Keep payments small and never send more funds than you can afford to loose.

But to say you will ONLY pay vendors over seas paypal really keeps your business small and options smaller.

Last edited by yankee; 01-22-2018 at 08:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-22-2018), Yasav (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 36%
Wink Re: Please contact DHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
The responsibility of the shipping can be yours or the sellers depending on where you bought the items. If you bought it from a site that uses escrow and guaranteed delivery then it is the sellers. If you bought it directly from the sellers website or elsewhere, then you are probably out of luck if the seller wont work with you in good faith.

As for adding license, I would not think that that would benefit you considering it is an international shipment. All of the issues are going to be simply on declaration and content. Customs already has enough with your name, address, and phone number.
Updating on this.
I received the letter from the trademark with customs letter attached saying that my product has been seized which bear marks which constitute counterfeit and copies and the trademark is notifying me.
trademark is now asking for seller info, who this type of product has been sold to and if there's inventory. Also wanna me to confirm that will not buy anymore which I won't do ever again.
The seller misspelled my first name, also I have like 5 pieces in stock that i bought after this happened.
My doubt is: Should I send an email to trademark saying that I will not buy anymore or just stop and ignore the letter? Any advice?
I don't wanna see feds knocking my door
Old 05-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online123 View Post
Updating on this.
I received the letter from the trademark with customs letter attached saying that my product has been seized which bear marks which constitute counterfeit and copies and the trademark is notifying me.
trademark is now asking for seller info, who this type of product has been sold to and if there's inventory. Also wanna me to confirm that will not buy anymore which I won't do ever again.
The seller misspelled my first name, also I have like 5 pieces in stock that i bought after this happened.
My doubt is: Should I send an email to trademark saying that I will not buy anymore or just stop and ignore the letter? Any advice?
I'd just throw away whatever you have now and ignore the letter. Plain and simple.

Unless you imported a boatload of whatever you were buying, more than likely no one's gonna come after you.
Old 05-12-2018

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online123 View Post
Updating on this.
No one will knock on your door. They dont even know if the item is legit or not and have bigger fish to fry.They simply assume that the item may be counterfeit. Never reply to the letters, as that basically allows further digging. If the item is counterfeit, I am not condoning this activity, but dont push your luck. The Feds dont get involved until the container level, but they sure notify the trademark owners of their suspicions. Which those could lead to problems in legal battles. I'm not a lawyer, just use your common sense.
Old 05-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasav View Post
I'd just throw away whatever you have now and ignore the letter. Plain and simple.

Unless you imported a boatload of whatever you were buying, more than likely no one's gonna come after you.
Thanks for your reply.
It does make sense what you said, however, According to the manufacturer support info provide over the phone the products aren't counterfeit. So, I did not throw away the last 5 pieces I had.
Planning... In the feature, I will look to buy from the authorized distributor.
Old 05-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
No one will knock on your door. They dont even know if the item is legit or not and have bigger fish to fry.They simply assume that the item may be counterfeit. Never reply to the letters, as that basically allows further digging. If the item is counterfeit, I am not condoning this activity, but dont push your luck. The Feds dont get involved until the container level, but they sure notify the trademark owners of their suspicions. Which those could lead to problems in legal battles. I'm not a lawyer, just use your common sense.
Like I said earlier, According to the support over the phone, it's not counterfeit. That is something I have been checking since my first order, Less concern...
I am not taking your reply as legal advice but I don't doubt a lawyer answer the same thing you just said. As it's not a big order involved.
Thank you very much for your reply!